Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

tried the playstation move yesterday

BetonneTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BetonneTom

i got a demo unit from sony where i work.  
    I have to say i was not impressed, it came with a demo of the wii sports knock off.  

The device itself feels rather sturdy, and the light bulb is a nice touch but its really nothing more than pretty wii.  
    sure it feels much more accurate and it is nice that the device calibrates with every game.  
     But it just feels incredibly redundant, why would you want to have something that has been widely available and perfected for the last 3 years?  

So if you are thinking of buying playstation move, really think of when you will really be using it. to me it did not click   
    not tying to be harsh or anything but it sucks when you use the thing and realize it really is not the revolution i thought it could be. 

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Branthog

I'll be picking up the Move and Kinect at some point, but I will never actually use them. If I wanted to stand up in my living room and flail like a jackass, I'd step on some workout equipment. When I'm playing videogames, I want to kick back in an office chair or sofa and relax. Also, I enjoy good games and that doesn't seem to be a requirement for Kinect or Move development.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I don't think Move was ever going to be a revolution and it does replicate a lot of what the Wii did but at the same time I don't think most of the people on this site are the target audience for this product anyway.

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ZimboDK

I got tempted when I saw it on the BLLSL. I have a weakness for table tennis. Of course, then I saw how Jeff had to hold his arms to play the archery game, and I kinda lost interest again. Also, I don't have a PS3.

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sarkhan

I'll will buy the move this weekend with Sport Champion and Eyepet. Ofc sports is for me and my friends and eyepet is for my daughter. Other than that i dont think i will buy many games for it, until a cracking good game comes out next year or so.
    MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MeierTheRed

Haven't heard anything bad about the tech in the plethora of gaming podcasts i listen to. That said, there is no games i want to play with Move as of now.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Meowayne

When I'm playing videogames, I want to kick back in an office chair or sofa and relax.

That's how I play Wii, and that's how I intend to play with Move.
    Qwinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Qwinn

I've had a Wii for years and for most of that time it hasn't been connected to my TV. I just can't justify getting what is essentially the same thing on a different system. Seriously, what about this device is new? If I couldn't enjoy playing a Mario game with the Wii-mote then how is this going to be any different. I hope those that get it enjoy it and I look forward to hearing peoples impressions. Maybe I will change my mind?

Sadisticham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sadisticham

RE5/Heavy rain have sold me on move. But that's me personally as i skipped those two games first time round. Sony might of copied the wii remote but Microsoft seems to be copying the games and I'm not interested in the 5 wii sports nock offs they have at launch. I want some depth in my games and RE5, presuming it works like RE4 did will be great. 

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@BetonneTom: Sony should have sent a variety of game demo's to test out the Move proper. Sorcery is the only game that I probably would get Move for for the time being. Even so, Move is pretty much the same as a controller as the game performs the same action if you waving Move around or using an analogue stick. I hardly think it's revolutionising anything, just making you play the game with a different approach. 
    swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By swamplord666

As I was saying; until proven wrong, Move and Kinect are just Sony and Microsoft vouching for some off that casual market pie

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Yeah I tried the move around E3 (same time just in select Best Buys) and got the same impression. It's basically Wii HD, without any of those pesky Nintendo games everybody seems to loathe. Great value.
    agentluap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By agentluap

I have mone pre-ordered for picking up after work on Friday. Friday night drunken Move night at mine with a few mates, should be a good laugh.

VictorDeLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By VictorDeLeon

I'm interested both in FPS and sports like tennis, who will get a great upgrade in gameplay with the Move, take tennis : can you do a slice or a lift or even see the player on screen do the exact move you've done with the "wand"? No. For FPS, it'll be great to have both great graphics and 3D sound AND have a precise aiming at any part of the screen.

yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By yoctoyotta
    @Qwinn said:
    " I've had a Wii for years and for most of that time it hasn't been connected to my TV. I just can't justify getting what is essentially the same thing on a different system. Seriously, what about this device is new? If I couldn't enjoy playing a Mario game with the Wii-mote then how is this going to be any different. I hope those that get it enjoy it and I look forward to hearing peoples impressions. Maybe I will change my mind? "
    I also don't use the Wii nearly as much as the 360 or PS3 and similarly feel like a Move in my house would just collect dust, but man, I gotta say, Galaxy 1 & 2 are two of the greatest pure "game" games of all time. After finishing some of those purple coin levels, especially in 2, I felt like an all-star athlete. I'd yell at people in the room, "DID YOU SEE THAT SHIT?!?!"  And then they'd tell me to shut up, but you know, it felt awesome, something I can't say about most games.
    Avatar image for deactivated-608a5477560df
    deactivated-608a5477560df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Played with the kinect and move at FanExpo and have to say imo I prefer kinect over move. Had more fun with the few minigames and can't wait until an actual game comes out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@swamplord666 said:
    " As I was saying; until proven wrong, Move and Kinect are just Sony and Microsoft vouching for some off that casual market pie "
    Agreed.
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Vorbis

Sports Champions actually sold well on release, only being beaten by the giant that is Halo Reach. 

Personally, I'll wait with Kinect/Move until there's games worth buying them for.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iam3green

i'll wait for things to be released for it to see if it is anything worth getting. so far, it doesn't seem like it is worth anything yet. so far there is just the sport game and tacked on controls for resident evil 5 and another game. i heard that resident evil 5 controls just seemed like they just put it on there. also, you have to know that you have to have to a special edition for resident evil 5 to work.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I'm waiting to see what it can do when they make more then just some mini games . 
    RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By RichardLOlson
    @Bloodgraiv3 said:
    " I'm waiting to see what it can do when they make more then just some mini games .  "
    I agree.  I mean the potential is there, but I'm curious to see what they can do with the tech.  More so I'm curious about the Kinect and what it could do for FPS games.
    Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Lev

We got one in at our office right after it came out, and basically - the overall consensus was that it was much more precise than the Wii, but it had a bit of noticeable input lag. It was much more noticeable when watching someone else use it than using it yourself, but we all seemed to agree that the lag was there.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GoofyGoober

Meh, once I see more games that interest me; hopefully built from the ground up for the PS Move I might get interested.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.