Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

VidZone - Bringing On Demand Music Videos To An XMB Near You

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

From Joystiq:

Remember VidZone? You probably don't, seeing as we haven't heard anything about the music video service for the PS3 since it was announced at the Leipzig Game Convention last year. It's not dead, though. The service is ready to go live this summer in the UK, Ireland, France, Italy, Germany, Spain and Australia.

VidZone will be a completely free, though ad-supported, way of watching music videos on demand. It will allow you to create playlists of streaming videos either from your PS3 itself or from your PSP via remote play. The service will feature "thousands of music videos and live concert videos, as well as behind the scenes, interviews and making of footage."

There's no word on how often the service will be updated, but we would hope that more content is added on a fairly regular basis. VidZone is Europe and Australia exclusive, with seemingly no plans to bring it to the US.

----

I'm ashamed to admit that I'll be using this a lot when it comes out. I hope I'm not going to be the only one.
    j0rdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By j0rdan

I used to use this on my Virgin Media internet,   it use to be (maybe still i dunno) a free extra.

Its actually very good, has quite abig catalogue, but not huge complete one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.