Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

What are the good exclusives?

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
    WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys, I am buying a PS3 off a good mate of mine tonight and was wondering if you could help me identify the best games on the platform. I have been a 360 player for a number of years and so have played all of the games that I am interested in that have come out on both platforms. In terms of my interests, I have no set categories - I am interested in most every type of game - except games that waste your time.

Thanks in advance for the help!

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Exclusives I really liked: 3d Dot Game Heroes, Infamous 1 and 2, the Ratchet and Clank Future trilogy (all 4 one is bland if playing by yourself, and can't speak to the ones newer than that yet). Uncharted 1 was okay, and I haven't tried 2 or 3 yet, but lots of people seem to like them. Heavy Rain and MGS 4 are decent but I haven't finished them yet. Also if you've missed out on or enjoyed a lot of PS2 games, there are some good cheap HD collections like Ico & Shadow of the Colossus, and Jak and Daxter. For downloadables, Journey and the Pixeljunk games are good. Hope that gives you a starting point. I got a PS3 pretty late in its life too and basically found a list of exclusives and looked for Quick Looks for them, and that helped a lot.

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
    WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks heaps for that - I really appreciate your help. I have heard much about the Infamous and Uncharted games. To be honest, the main game I have been wanting to play forever is Demons Souls.

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By falling_fast

the good exclusives are

Yakuza 3 and 4 (probably the best games on the console. if you've not played any of the series before, you'd probably want to start with 4, since 3 begins fairly slowly)

Journey

The Last of Us

Beyond Two Souls

and the Team Ico Collection

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure you'll get all the regular answers from people, so I'll just reccomend this one;

Okami HD if not already played on another system.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Valkyria Chronicles.

My personal GotG.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By asurastrike
    • Demon's Souls
    • Yakuza 3,4
    • inFamous
    • Valkyria Chronicles
    • 3D Dot Game Heroes
    • Uncharted 1,2,3
    Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Stete

The Last of Us is pretty much the ultimate swan song for the system. I really didn't like Uncharted 1-3 but the vast majority of issues I had with those games were rectified with this game.

Motorstorm Pacific Rift and Motorstorm Apocalypse are my favorite racing games of this generation.

Tokyo Jungle which, outside Platinum Games repertoire, is the best thing that has come out of Japan this generation.

And although it might not be to everyone's taste, I did had a blast playing Dead Nation.

And if you completed MGS1 and MGS2 you definitely owe it to yourself to go through MGS4.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Metal Gear Solid 4

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't forget about the God of War games. You can get the first 2 in an HD collection for the PS3, and you can even get the 2 that were initially released on PSP in another collection for the PS3. I think you can download all of those too. God of War 3 is a masterpiece in my opinion, while Ascension didn't do much for me, and I loved the others. Also, Infamous was great. Still haven't played the second one, but the first one was excellent. I also very much enjoyed the Resistance games. The first and third were amazing, while the second one was just ok. But it's still worth it to play all of them. The Killzone games are also fun. Both the second and third are superb. The first one wasn't as good, but it's only $9.99 on PSN if you buy it separately, or you can get the trilogy for $30-$40. Well worth it, in my opinion. Soldner X and it's sequel were also fun bullet hell shooters on PSN, and like the guy before me, I had a lot of fun with Dead Nation as well.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ni no Kuni is a very good exclusive

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

In no particular order (except the Last of Us, by far the best game on the system)

• The Last of Us
    • infamous 1 and 2
    • Uncharted trilogy
    • Metal Gear Solid 4
    • Valkyria Chronicles
    • Ratchet and Clank Future trilogy
    • God of War 3
    • Killzone 2 and 3
    • Resistance trilogy
    • Demon's Souls
    • MLB The Show (best baseball series available on any system if you're into that sort of thing)
    HrMagni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valkyrie chronicles

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I know everyone and their cousin goes on about them, but Naughty Dog's games are very, very good, alongside the inFamous games. Journey's smashing too. I enjoyed Killzone 2&3 (Rico is the worst though), but they're an acquired taste, so I get how some people might not rate them so highly. To be honest, I'm in the same boat as you for some of these, there are loads of exclusives I've not played yet, like Tokyo Jungle and Resistance 3, so I'm looking forward to playing those before I hop aboard the next generation.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

I second Journey and Tokyo Jungle. You can finish Journey pretty quickly and get it, but Tokyo Jungle can be a bit of a slow burn.

Oh, try out Playstation Home if you have the time. It's pretty bizarre.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.