Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

What are the requirements for Greatest Hits?

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

I was sure that Uncharted was going to be released with the first wave of Greatest Hits, but it wasn't... have they said what the requirements are? I'm assuming it has to be out for a certain amount of time.

Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Dan

It was in the UK. You can get it for £15 from play.com. I think the requirement is "sell a buttload of copies"

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By DrPepper1990

Uncharted has sold a butload of copies, yet it still isnt greatest hits. I hope it's included in the next wave.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By AndrewGaspar

I think it's something like it has to be available for a year, sell 500,000 copies, and get a critical score of 7.5 or something. Yet again, Assassin's Creed is a Greatest Hit and that hasn't been out for a year.

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DrPepper1990
    AndrewGaspar said:
    "I think it's something like it has to be available for a year, sell 500,000 copies, and get a critical score of 7.5 or something. Yet again, Assassin's Creed is a Greatest Hit and that hasn't been out for a year.
    "
    Yea, also when did Uncharted come out? It has the 500,000 copies requirement completed.
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By brukaoru

I believe for the PS2 the requirement was to sell 400,000 units in 9 months. I'm not sure if that's the same for PS3.

Edit: Apparently for the PS3, each title has to be on the market for 11 months, and sell 500,000 copies or more. (According to Wikipedia)

Dissolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Dissolve

Be a hit that is the greatest.

HEY-O

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By thelastguy

I think it has to be games that sold very well, but have stopped selling.  EX COD4. Ratchet.  They are still selling well, so there is no need to drop the price.

Avatar image for deactivated-612140337177a
    deactivated-612140337177a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brukaoru said:
    "I believe for the PS2 the requirement was to sell 400,000 units in 9 months. I'm not sure if that's the same for PS3.

Edit: Apparently for the PS3, each title has to be on the market for 11 months, and sell 500,000 copies or more. (According to Wikipedia)
    "
    Ahh that's it eh? Makes sense. The PS2 was 400,000 if I'm not mistaken.
    lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lantus

It has to be on the market for at least 9 months I believe and then sell a set amount of copies, at least that's what they said about the PSP greatest hits line-up when it first came out. Uncharted is just about to hit it's ninth month on the market, so I guess now is about the time for it to go in the Greatest Hits program, same with Ratchet & Clank Future.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thelastguy
    lantus said:
    "It has to be on the market for at least 9 months I believe and then sell a set amount of copies, at least that's what they said about the PSP greatest hits line-up when it first came out. Uncharted is just about to hit it's ninth month on the market, so I guess now is about the time for it to go in the Greatest Hits program, same with Ratchet & Clank Future.
    "
    Ratchet and Clank Future was released before Assassins Creed, which is now a Greatest Hit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thelastguy said:
    "lantus said:
    "It has to be on the market for at least 9 months I believe and then sell a set amount of copies, at least that's what they said about the PSP greatest hits line-up when it first came out. Uncharted is just about to hit it's ninth month on the market, so I guess now is about the time for it to go in the Greatest Hits program, same with Ratchet & Clank Future.
    "
    Ratchet and Clank Future was released before Assassins Creed, which is now a Greatest Hit
    "
    Maybe it hasn't hit the amount sold to enter that category, maybe it's a time thing. Or maybe the dev has to agree/ sets it's own rules for GH? I dunno.
    lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lantus
    thelastguy said:
    "lantus said:
    "
    "
    Obviously it's just a guideline, I doubt they're treating it as holy doctrine when it comes to putting games in the program. They want there first party games to stay full priced as long as possible, obviously other countries got them sooner, probably because games are real expensive so having low price points for software helps a lot, but I expect lots more to be budget priced by the end of the year.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has to sell a certain amount in a certain time frame, or something. I'm not really sure on the specifics.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By LiquidPrince

Assassin's Creed outsold Uncharted by a fairly big margin, which is why it got greatest hits down.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some titles are just not Greatest Hits yet because they dont WANT to be. Some games want to sell a bit more copies at the high price before become a 30 buck title. That's all...

solidphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By solidphoenix

Here in Australia it was that it had to sell 500,000 copies in the PS2 era. I think it was also that it had to be on the market for at least 10 months...but not too sure.
    Also not sure about the PS3 "Greatest Hits" or "Platinum" titles as they're called down here.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By KingBroly

I'd guess 250,000 and 9 months from release in a particular territory.  But that's a total guess.  I'm pretty sure it's by territory though because Japan is getting Folklore and Europe has Uncharted at Platinum/Greatest Hits, we don't.

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By somesthetic

it seems desperate when you slash the prices of all your games.

you gotta play it cool.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingBroly said:
    "I'd guess 250,000 and 9 months from release in a particular territory.  But that's a total guess.  I'm pretty sure it's by territory though because Japan is getting Folklore and Europe has Uncharted at Platinum/Greatest Hits, we don't.
    "
    I'm willing to bet it's a lot more that 250k.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same here, it has to be more then just that. For PS2 it was around half a million right?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.