Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

What game to (try) and beat this weekend?

holybins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By holybins

So I'm one of those people who buys games because they sound/look/review well...and then never get the time to properly play them.  I have a PS3 and a Wii, and was wondering what everyone thought would be the best game to dive into for a free weekend? 

Wii - World of Goo
    PS3
    - Resistance 2
    - Motorstorm Pacific Rift
    - Oblivion (I think that is a lost cause probably...)
    - Rachet and Clank Future
    - GTA 4
    - MGS 4

I have some old gamecube stuff I bought for my Wii too...like paper mario and wind waker ;)  Too much stuff, I can never decide and stay focused.  Any thoughts/recommendations?

Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Teh_Eel

I would go for Ratchet and Clank as its a fun game for a weekend as its not taxing.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#3  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Oof.  Tough call.  Oblivion is a game you could easily beat in a weekend, but you'd be missing out on a ton of side quests and exploration if you ripped right through it.  Of those choices, though, it's my favorite.

MGS4 is a great game for a lazy weekend, too.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By get2sammyb

I'm playing Resistance 2 online this weekend. As for what you should play - what do you feel like?

Stanford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Stanford

Little Big Planet.  Awsome single player and once you finish, play some user created levels

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By chililili

MGS4 or World of Goo, really the best two of those. GTA IV and oblivion in a weekend is stupid. Resistance 2 and Ratchet are supposed to be nice but haven't played them,.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.