What PS3 model do you have? (POLL)

#451 Posted by TooWalrus (13221 posts) -

This thread is old and out of date!

#452 Posted by FrankieSpankie (228 posts) -

80GB with PS2 emulation on it, it was from the MGS4 bundle. I did upgrade to a 500GB hard drive though and now basically just use it as a media center. It's been a long time since I played any games on it. I've stuck with PC gaming in the past 4 or 5 years ago.

#453 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (623 posts) -

I have a 320GB Slim, and a dead 40GB original.

#454 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6993 posts) -

80GB Backwards compatible motherfuckers

#455 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Pretty sure mine is 250GB.

#456 Posted by gmarinho (4 posts) -

250 GB model - sold the old 160 GB, its noise levels were astronomical...

#457 Posted by posh (495 posts) -

Been struggling with a 40gb since 2008ish, constantly deleting game data as I go along. Didn't even bother brining it with me to university, put all my saves in the cloud and am using my friend's 120gb instead. Mine is satin silver though, got it in Singapore. Black looks better but everyone has black.

#458 Posted by Amdukias (3 posts) -

I actually have 2 Playstation 3s one is a 60 gb launch model that is acting up, so I think it is going to die soon, and an 80 gb.

#459 Posted by Lukeweizer (2692 posts) -

I think I got the 40GB. I've totally lost track. All I know is that I don't have backwards compatibility and I swapped the drive out for a 320GB drive.

#460 Posted by deano546 (182 posts) -

250GB Slim fo' life.

#461 Posted by cutyoface (545 posts) -

I have a slim.

#462 Posted by Devise22 (222 posts) -

Like most I picked up a Slim after it came out and their was a price drop. At which point I proceeded to grab Uncharted 1/2 and Infamous. The high praise of Uncharted 2 combined with the price drop of the PS3 convinced me that I needed the console.

#463 Posted by avidwriter (667 posts) -

Super Slim actually. Just got it! (Well I will get it once UPS stops being shit)

#464 Posted by Groof (18 posts) -

I'm still on my 2006 60GB phat. Is it worth upgrading to a super slim? There are some Christmas deals going on right now as well...

#465 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

@Groof said:

I'm still on my 2006 60GB phat. Is it worth upgrading to a super slim? There are some Christmas deals going on right now as well...

Not really but the newer models starting with the first Slim are much quieter, use a lot less power, and are no longer small personal heaters.

#466 Posted by Groof (18 posts) -

@devilzrule27 said:

Not really but the newer models starting with the first Slim are much quieter, use a lot less power, and are no longer small personal heaters.

Yeah, I'm just scared it'll crap out on me, since it's progressively been getting louder and louder and warmer. Before it used to turn on the vacuum cleaner while playing games, now I just have to turn it on.

#467 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

@Groof said:

@devilzrule27 said:

Yeah, I'm just scared it'll crap out on me, since it's progressively been getting louder and louder and warmer. Before it used to turn on the vacuum cleaner while playing games, now I just have to turn it on.

Thats what happened to my 60GB the second time it broke. Got real loud and very hot and then shut off never to be turned on again. By that time it was just my media machine as the blue ray drive had failed for the 2nd time, first time Sony fixed it for me. Still lost over $1000 worth of Video Store purchases though. That really sucked.

Anyway, yeah, slims are great but I'd run your 60 until it dies since the new consoles should be out next year. If you plan on getting one that is.

#468 Posted by Groof (18 posts) -

@devilzrule27 said:

Thats what happened to my 60GB the second time it broke. Got real loud and very hot and then shut off never to be turned on again. By that time it was just my media machine as the blue ray drive had failed for the 2nd time, first time Sony fixed it for me. Still lost over $1000 worth of Video Store purchases though. That really sucked.

Anyway, yeah, slims are great but I'd run your 60 until it dies since the new consoles should be out next year. If you plan on getting one that is.

Oh, these scary thoughts. Must be horrible having it happen twice, geez.

Well, that all depends on pricing and promises, I guess. Guess I'll wait for the announcements, but the Christmas deals are oh-so tempting, heh.

#469 Posted by NiKva (128 posts) -

320 GB Slim :D

#470 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Original 60GB is still the nicest, with the chrome trim. Wish I kept mine! On a 160GB phat now.

#471 Posted by RX_78_2_Ver_Ka (10 posts) -

I have the 320 GB Slim (the first Slim, not the new one).  If not for the price, I wish I'd plunged in at the very beginning and picked up one of the OG units with full b/c, and just upgraded the HDD. Those are huge, but just have so many more features than the current Slim does.

#472 Posted by Emiel (607 posts) -

Slim 250GB

#473 Posted by Hunter5024 (5711 posts) -

I have the original 60 gb with full backwards compatability, and I upgraded it to a 500 gb hard drive. I used to have an 80 gb but it broke on me.

#474 Posted by gaboi2010 (15 posts) -

160GB Slim

Extremeauto85 = PSN ID

#475 Posted by Kino_27 (5 posts) -

I have a 160 GB phat (Uncharted bundle). It's still chugging along (surprisingly). I'm hoping it will last as long as my PS2 did; that thing lasted a good 10 years or so before it finally gave up.

#476 Posted by AndieK (23 posts) -

I didn't want the sandwich grill, so I waited for the slim version.

#477 Posted by Orbitz89 (229 posts) -

160 GB Slim x2.

#478 Posted by Rand (53 posts) -

think i was wronk with my pick:P i have the 80 gig big one, thinking of maybe buying the 500gig one someday and transfer everything over

#479 Posted by Nikoran (165 posts) -

Swapped my Xbox 360 Elite for a 40GB fat. It's loud as hell and I have to constantly delete stuff so I can keep playing new things. Maybe I should get a bigger harddrive and find out why the thing is so loud.

#480 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

40GB with a 320GB HDD in it.

#482 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3351 posts) -

1x60+1x40

#483 Edited by artofwar420 (6291 posts) -

@toowalrus: Yes! Haha. There's not even a poll in here now after the update.

#484 Edited by Apparatus_Unearth (3170 posts) -

320gb launch, I think it was originally a 60? But I replaced the drive.

#485 Posted by t0nyGeo (1 posts) -

I Have PS3 Super Slim 12 GB

#486 Posted by RedLoopz (136 posts) -

I have the fat one, i think 80gb. Got it on Christmas 2008

#487 Posted by JakubKusiowski (4 posts) -

i have ps3 slim 160GB

#488 Posted by squiDc00kiE (352 posts) -

60gb launch

#489 Edited by RicoismynamE (17 posts) -

60gb launch under the bed 160gb slim at friends house.Ok just realized how old this is,god i am bored.

#490 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2825 posts) -

Some miscreants broke into my apartment and took my launch 60 GB, so I bought an early 80GB. That 'Eighty' has worked out pretty well for the past six years.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.