What PSP games do you want to see come to PS3?

• 73 results
#1 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Reccent news has shown that certain PSP games are going to be remade to appear on PS3, what games do you want on the PS3?

I want MGSPW so bad, Secret Agent Clank would also be awesome.

#2 Posted by Th3_James (2579 posts) -

NONE, but if I had to choose Lumines, if it isn't already there.

#3 Posted by Enigma777 (6076 posts) -
@Th3_James said:
It is. There's both a PS3 and a 360 version (As well as an iPhone one but the controls are terrible).

@OP: None. I already have a PSP and chances are I've already played all the games I want to play on it. I'd rather see new games built specifically for the consoles they're playable on.
#4 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd is now confirmed....

#5 Posted by joshy9411 (310 posts) -

i guess the god of war games that ready at dawn did....they are the only games that come to mind.

#6 Edited by TheSilentTruth (1121 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops and Peace Walker, though I haven't bought many PSP games where I say to myself, "Man, I really need DS3 controller to play this."

-Edit-
Oh yeah, and the Ratchet titles can benefit from the upgrade as well. I share a hive mind with the OP apparently.

#7 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -

I don't care.

#8 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

Huh? PSP games to Ps3? Sound like a weird idea.

#9 Posted by Yummylee (22040 posts) -

Oh wow, really? Fucking ace! Finally gives me a chance to play those portable MGS games, with the GoW portables--which are apparently some of the best in the series, though maybe they wouldn't transfer such praise on the ps3--and that third person Resistance game too. They're the main selections that come to mind, though a run through the list of what they plan to port would no doubt help refresh other ones I'm interested in.

#10 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

GURUMIN MOTHER FUCKER

AAAAAAAAH YEEEAAH

#11 Posted by Th3_James (2579 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
@Th3_James said:
It is. There's both a PS3 and a 360 version (As well as an iPhone one but the controls are terrible).

@OP: None. I already have a PSP and chances are I've already played all the games I want to play on it. I'd rather see new games built specifically for the consoles they're playable on.
Oh well in that case nothing. I have bought both a psp and ps3 at launch and the best games i've played on either of them are Lumines, and Heavy rain.
#12 Posted by BBQBram (2257 posts) -

Peace Walker.

That is all.

#13 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Persona 3, that would be awesome, a PS2 game goes to PSP goes to PS3!
#14 Posted by Soap (3607 posts) -

Peace Walker, Portable Ops.

Any other game that needs a second stick to not suck balls.
#15 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

You know what i want? A DISSIDIA PS3 GAME, they are wasting a good idea and good gameplay mechanics on handhelds, bring it to consoles....that game has alot of depth to it.

Since im a final fantasy fan i wouldnt mind crisis core coming to PS3 but that game was specfically designed for psp so i wouldnt mind as much

Seriously Square Enix, get on it, Dissida, PS3, now.
#16 Posted by Axersia (1619 posts) -

I'd totally buy two more copies of Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (Japanese and English if those assholes don't ship it with both despite having gigs and gigs of free space left) if they were to release that on PS3.

@LordXavierBritish said:

GURUMIN MOTHER FUCKER

AAAAAAAAH YEEEAAH

Fuck yes. That's actually my second favorite PSP game after KH BBS. Let's be realistic though -- never gonna happen.
#17 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I vote for a Dissidia PS3 version as well, preferrably with online play that won't go through Ad Hoc Party but it sounds like that isn't going to be the case even if it was ported.

#18 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

Peace Walker, Peace Walker, Peace Walker... 

#19 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

GTA Liberty City Stories and Vice City stories, I know there on PS2 but it would be great to see them both all with PS3 graphics

#20 Posted by PenguinDust (12551 posts) -
@Hizang said:
Persona 3, that would be awesome, a PS2 game goes to PSP goes to PS3!
That would be my first choice, too.  Persona 2 would be my second.

I've heard good things about the PSP Killzone game, so I guess I wouldn't might that.  
#21 Posted by Icemael (6339 posts) -

Monster Hunter Freedom, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Valkyria Chronicles III and Grand Knights History.

#22 Posted by RobotHamster (4175 posts) -

KH:BBS, Portable Ops, patapon, locoroco, Crisis Core, and GoW.

#23 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2025 posts) -

I'm surprised no one has willed Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble into the list yet. 

Anyways, Persona 2 would be nice, but I've already spent a fair amount on a disc copy so I'm gonna go with Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Dissidia. 
#24 Posted by Danteveli (1194 posts) -
@Soap said:

Any other game that needs a second stick to not suck balls.
Or let them rot in peace
#25 Edited by teekomeeko (626 posts) -

Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3, and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep come to mind immediately. The KH game is also the best as far as combat mechanics in that series, so the only way it could be better would be by having a second analog.

EDIT: I forgot about Gurumin, but yeah that too. Game was so very excellent.
#26 Posted by Giacomito (208 posts) -

Peace waaaaaaaaaaalker

#27 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

MGS: PW. Having two sticks would make it so much more godlike.

#28 Posted by 02sfraser (847 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker is probably the only game I would want on PS3. Played most of the titles I wanted already but didn't enjoy Metal Gear on the portable. Maybe Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep as well.

#29 Posted by Random88 (284 posts) -

Persona 3
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
Dissidia / Dissidia Duodecum
Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3

#30 Posted by RobertOrri (1138 posts) -

I guess this is Sony's way of saying "Yes, it should have had two analog sticks in the first place".

#31 Edited by xyzygy (10028 posts) -

None. Make new PS3 games that I care about.

Actually I MIGHT like Crisis Core or any other type of FF exclusive that was on the PSP.
#32 Posted by Spoonman671 (4693 posts) -

God of War games
Valkyria Chronicles 2
Killzone: Liberation
Resistance: Retribution
Peace Walker
Monster Hunter
Jeane D'Arc
Patapon games
Syphon Filter games
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins

#33 Edited by DallasTheGamer (154 posts) -

None. I'm not interested in re-buying games I've once payed for.

#34 Edited by Sanj (2453 posts) -

There are a ton of PSP games i'm interested in but I've never purchased because I can't be arsed to play them on a portable. These are usually the console type games like the GoW games, Valkyria Chronicles 2, MGS Peace Walker, Kingdom Hearts games and Dissidia (I actually did buy this, but didn't play it a lot because playing it on a PSP annoyed me). So yeah, this news excites me. 

#35 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2725 posts) -

Portable Ops and Peace Walker.

#36 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5839 posts) -

Portable Ops.

Maybe then I'd actually be able to play it.

#37 Posted by copycatzen (816 posts) -

@Giacomito said: 

Peace waaaaaaaaaaalker

This and Patapon

#38 Posted by Elyhaym (228 posts) -

MGS: Peace Walker & Portable Ops

God of War: Chains of Olympus & Ghost of Sparta
Crisis Core FFVII
FF IV Complete Collection
Persona 1, 2 & 3
Valkyria Chronicles 2 & 3
#39 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (735 posts) -

Peace Walker is the big one, everything else would just be gravy.

#40 Posted by mosespippy (4283 posts) -

Killzone Liberation. It's the best multiplayer that the Killzone Franchise has ever had but due to it being on the PSP everyone has hacks that make it incredibly busted. Things like increased run speed, infinite grenades, fully automatic sniper riffles and cross bows, infinite range on the shotgun, etc. Putting the game on PS3 would create an environment for the multiplayer that is cheater free.

#41 Posted by TooWalrus (13234 posts) -

...people want that?

#42 Posted by Hzaife (160 posts) -

God of war, Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker & Final Fantasy 4

#43 Posted by Theworldbreaker (173 posts) -

God of war ghost of sparta, Metal gear solid peace walker, and the upcoming resistance and killzone games for NGP! if those count.
#44 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

Peacewalker would be cool.

#45 Posted by JJOR64 (19017 posts) -
#46 Edited by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@RobotHamster said:

KH:BBS

I could see KH, KH2, KHCoM,  KHBSS, and KHDDD being released as a pack before KH3 comes out.
#47 Edited by Grumbel (910 posts) -
@Hizang said:

what games do you want on the PS3?

All of them. Why limit it to specific games when you can just throw all of them in an emulator and offer them on PSN? We after all already had PSP to PS2 ports years ago with the GTA PSP games. How about game and savegame transfer, so that I continue playing games on the big screen that I played on the small one? Again something the PS3 already kind of tried with its remote play, except of course it was the other way around (only used by Lair and a small handful of other games).

At this point I don't care about another limited offer, just give me everything.
#48 Posted by Hector (3365 posts) -
Persona 3 Portable, but I doubt that will happen.
#49 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -
@Hector: We can dream, but you're right - it's pretty unlikely. At least they're bringing Persona 2 Innocent Sin stateside?
#50 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

I guess Crush because I absolutely abhor the new art style for the Crush 3DS remake/reboot/port/sequel/thing. It looks really, really terrible, which is a shame because I freaking love the original game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.