Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

What the hell Sony, just lost both my free "Welcome Back" games

• 55 results
    MacGeorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MacGeorge

OK, so I went to download the first free game for the "welcome back" offer, and when I began the download, an error occurred. I went back to the Welcome Back page, and saw that the first download was gone! I checked both my Cart and Download history and it wasn't there. Shocked, I tried the second slot, and the exact same thing happened AGAIN! So now all I have is a stupid "Welcome Back theme" and two free PSP downloads that are useless since they probably won't work, and I don't have a PSP. Wow, what a great thing to do for your customer Sony! First we can't use the PSN Store for a month, then you bring it back and it doesn't work!

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By onarum

So you tried once, got an error and lost the game, then you did the same thing again before doing some research?

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By BonOrbitz

?! Wow... So how were you able to access your free game offer in the first place? Did you get an e-mail?

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Mushir

Copied from EU PS Blog comment: 

Try this:

1. On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB
    2. Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List
    3. Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed
    4. Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By nick_verissimo

Yep. The exact same thing happened to me and now the store is completely inaccessible.  Total bummer.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
    @onarum: He shouldn't have to. It should just work. But it doesn't, because it's fucking Sony we're dealing with here.
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RE_Player1
    I got inFamous with no problems but hearing everyone else say they got errors I'm going to wait to redeem my other games.
    Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Twitchey

It won't even let me start my download. Too much traffic I guess.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By LordXavierBritish

THIS WAS THE PLAN ALL ALONG.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By onarum
    @PrivateIronTFU said:
    @onarum: He shouldn't have to. It should just work. But it doesn't, because it's fucking Sony we're dealing with here.
    I agree yes, but even then, after the first error he shouldn't have tried a second time.

it's possible that Sony will reset everything at some point though, because this is clearly happening with a lot of people.
    MacGeorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MacGeorge
    @Twilight said:

Try this:

1. On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB
    2. Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List
    4. Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

Thanks a bunch man, that worked! I hope everybody else who this happened to sees this. Such a disappointment that Sony can't get their shit together on this.
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
    @onarum said:
    @PrivateIronTFU said:
    I agree yes, but even then, after the first error he shouldn't have tried a second time.  it's possible that Sony will reset everything at some point though, because this is clearly happening with a lot of people.
    True. But Twilight has the right idea. You can go into the Services list and still pick out a game. So the option is still available to you, just not in the PS Store.
    BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BonOrbitz
    @Twilight said:

Try this:

Ah, thanks for telling me what not to do anytime soon.

Early this morning I tried downloading my LA Noire preorder bonus content and it was a fucking mess of me getting disconnected from PSN, restarting my system due to a DNS error, or going to the Playstation Network Store to seemingly "force"  my LA Noire download to unpause itself and continue to download. It took an hour and a half to download a 650mb bonus case (not counting the install).

I hope you folks are able to retrieve what you have lost!
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By Sooperspy

I got both PS3 games with no problems, so I guess I'm lucky.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By onarum
    @PrivateIronTFU :

that's good to know, even then I think I'll wait a while to try it myself.
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
    @onarum: Not a bad idea. 
    suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By suikoden352

i just had this happen to me as well. i did the instructions that @twilight pointed out and the welcome back stuff doesn't even show up there. i get error messages when i go to it as well. really upsetting. i hope sony does something about this soon because i feel really ripped off right now. =/

Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Rave
    @MacGeorge Thanks this way looks like it will work.
    Hzaife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hzaife

The Transaction work around worked a treat.

i was worried fora second lol

XTraFries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By XTraFries

I can't even get to the store.....

fucking...ugh...

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I got all my stuff just fine with no problems. The games for PS3, PSP, the theme, and the free 30 days

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm going to go ahead and wait until this gets fixed before I try and get mine.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dungbootle

This is all generally awful.

PieGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By PieGuy

I recommend everyone wait.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By demonbear
    @Twilight said:

Try this:

This. Happened to me too and this fixed it. Calm down and do that, you'll be fine.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HitmanAgent47

It's sony, why should you even be surprised?

Dznut5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dznut5

Same thing  happen to me....I went to my Free PS3 Game 1 and licked on a game and error came up and now I don't have a free game!!!  They better fix this because in my history it shows that I only got 1 game so far....

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28  Edited By Yanngc33

Ah PSN, you still haven't changed

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Venatio

So far I have Dead Nation and Wipeout, but I still want my free PSP games, constantly getting errors

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Afroman269

Oh Sony and your masterful ways of handling a network. I'm glad I was at least able to get to one game, what a fucking hassle.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By Marz

Tried to get one free psp game from Media Go and it got swallowed into the void... at least it was just a PSP game.

mkskillz16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mkskillz16
    @Twilight said:

Try this:

Will this work for getting the 30 days of playstation plus back? I tried to redeem the 30 days in the PS store and it gave me an error and no way of getting it back just like what happened with the free games.  Thanks for any help, going to try the above remedies, hopefully it works because Playstation Plus was one of the more interesting offerings to me.
    sizu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By sizu

Sony will use the level of traffic as an excuse for all these problems, but in reality they should have been prepared for the amount of PS3 owners wishing to access the service. 

Trying to access the store for me has been pretty hit and miss with errors occuring on a regular basis.  I have managed to download the Infamous 2 demo though so all is ok;p
    luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By luce
    @MKSKILLZ16 said:
    @Twilight said:

Try this:

Will this work for getting the 30 days of playstation plus back? I tried to redeem the 30 days in the PS store and it gave me an error and no way of getting it back just like what happened with the free games.  Thanks for any help, going to try the above remedies, hopefully it works because Playstation Plus was one of the more interesting offerings to me.
    Yeah It worked for me. Don't sweat it
    Modoversus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Modoversus

Tried to download the games using Sony MediaGo and now both games are gone. So I gues you have to download the games using the PSP. Will try the advice from the PS Blog tonight.

Theavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Theavy

@Twilight said:

Try this:

This works. I had the exact problem, i was ready to throw something at my Tv but i found these same instructions in the comments of the PS.Blog

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Tried to get the 30 days of PSN+, no luck. Tried to get Dead Nation for my game 1 download, no luck. Finally got Little Big Planet to download at least. It looks like PSN thinks I got everything though because only the theme and the 2 PSP games are left as available options. I can't even get into Account Management (error) so I guess that's going to be it. Better than nothing I suppose but not by much...

Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

#39  Edited By Grumbel
    @Dad_Is_A_Zombie said:
    Tried to get the 30 days of PSN+, no luck. Tried to get Dead Nation for my game 1 download, no luck. Finally got Little Big Planet to download at least. It looks like PSN thinks I got everything though because only the theme and the 2 PSP games are left as available options. I can't even get into Account Management (error) so I guess that's going to be it. Better than nothing I suppose but not by much...
    Just click on Account Management a lot, sooner or later it will work. At the moment every button click involving PSN seem to take at least ten tries to have it function.
    CosmicQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#40  Edited By CosmicQueso

Patience. Calmness. Breathe in.... breathe out.

It'll allllllllllll be okay. We're going to get through this, together.

Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

#41  Edited By Grumbel
    @onarum said:
    I agree yes, but even then, after the first error he shouldn't have tried a second time.
    Actually he should, and then a third and fourth time, as you can only visit the free games submenu exactly once, after that it vanishes. But as others have said, you can recover it via Account Settings -> Service List (try till you don't get an error, as when you get an error the list may appear empty when it is in fact not).

Kind of stunning how badly Sony has managed this shop relaunch, one would assume that they could at least make the core stuff function with 30 days of preparation, but not even that works.
    bloodfarts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By bloodfarts

All I get now is the (80710D36) error message if i try to enter the store or try the work around. I'm not so concerned if I don't get my Welcome Back bonuses, But i will be bummer if I can never access the store again.

Makes me wonder if Sony rushed the store back online so they could claim to be fully functioning during E3.

samhead5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#43  Edited By samhead5

I had a similar problem but mine was due to the fact that I didnt have enough space on the hard drive, went out to delete some stuff, came back and I can no longer access the games.  

I decided to go do some research and found this post. Thinking that i would try the method that seems to work and be fine I went to log on to PSN. But now its telling me that "PlayStationNetwork is currently undergoing maintenance".  

So, is PSN down again?  

EDIT: Ok so ive now gotten onto PSN and have followed the steps recommended above. But now its telling me that I have 0 remaining when I have not downloaded anything. 

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie
    @Grumbel said:
    @Dad_Is_A_Zombie said:
    Just click on Account Management a lot, sooner or later it will work. At the moment every button click involving PSN seem to take at least ten tries to have it function.
    Thank you, sir! I finally broke through to Account Management on my 11th try. Downloading Dead Nation now.
    cartvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45  Edited By cartvader
    @Twilight said:

Try this:

This worked great!!  Granted lots of errors cause their network/store is shit but at least i could get my content this way.
    RockAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RockAction

I got my 30 days of PS Plus working, and got Burnout to download and now i hate sony and dj atomica 

i cant even access the store anymore, and when i could i had similar problems as above, i.e. that the free game options disappeared  

ironically the PS Plus trial button still appears, i'll try this account management work around in the morning, hopefully it works 

sony should have anticipated this though, i doubt its more than the usual amount of traffic for PSN, they probably just rushed it to have it for E3

Mathematics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mathematics
    @Twilight:  Thanks for the repost of that. I thought I had accidentally downloaded 2 copies of LBP and I was just shit out of luck. Did this and got my Infamous copy without any further problems. 

I own all three systems, but use the PS3 mostly for BluRay in the living room. This is the first dealing I have had with the Playstation Store in the past 3 years and it was a terrible experience. Just reinforced my opinion that Live is a much better experience that is worth its annual pricetag. 
    CanuckEh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 239

#48  Edited By CanuckEh

@Twilight: You, sir, have saved my ass on this one. Thanks.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Sarnecki
    @samhead5

I think we're SOL in the case of the 0 downloads left thing.  I had the same problem, I tried to download Infamous, had to go make room, and when I came back it told me I had 0 copies, so I assume it only lets you try to DL once.  Kind of a shitty way of doing this Sony...
    EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#50  Edited By EightBitShik

@Twilight: thank you that worked for me as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.