Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

What's your proudest platinum trophy?

• 135 results
    EternalFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By EternalFox

Mine's FF13. I slaved away for 179 hours with it...and I was missing one stupid weapon. I was so happy I got it. 
    What about you guys?
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

I've only got the two, Dead Space and Borderlands, though I'd technically have three if my copy of Mass Effect 2 was on the PS3. Innn any case, probably Borderlands because that game is much larger in scale, and required a few more hours to reach its purty platinum.

LittleBigJono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LittleBigJono

Aha, I find this funny cos I did the exact same thing. I don't necessarily like the game too much but I still slaved away as well to get the platinum. But goddamit, asking us to get every item and weapon in the game is a bit mean, almost super meat boy mean. So yeah, so far its FF13 for me too

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By 02sfraser

Fallout 3. Spent ages doing everything in that game. FF XIII is pretty impressive man. My flatmate is working towards it now and sitting on about a 100 hours.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By X19

It was mainly getting my 100% back on UC2 after the DLC came out. The mp was broken to shit during the 1.05 updates so getting those trophies was a fucking nightmare. Eventually I got my 100% back next to my plat and it felt really good. You make good games Naughty Dog but fuck you!!! 

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By NinjaHunter

Probably Infamous. I got all 350 blast shards without the use of a guide. Never again.

raphaa00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By raphaa00
    @LittleBigJono said:
    " Aha, I find this funny cos I did the exact same thing. I don't necessarily like the game too much but I still slaved away as well to get the platinum. But goddamit, asking us to get every item and weapon in the game is a bit mean, almost super meat boy mean. So yeah, so far its FF13 for me too "
    Did you need to own every item and weapon with you or by simply getting the item and then, for example, selling or dismantling it, it counts?
    LittleBigJono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LittleBigJono
    @raphaa00 said:
    " @LittleBigJono said:
    " Aha, I find this funny cos I did the exact same thing. I don't necessarily like the game too much but I still slaved away as well to get the platinum. But goddamit, asking us to get every item and weapon in the game is a bit mean, almost super meat boy mean. So yeah, so far its FF13 for me too "
    Did you need to own every item and weapon with you or by simply getting the item and then, for example, selling or dismantling it, it counts? "
    Um, pretty sure you just needed to own the item or weapon at some stage, but you should probably check with google :P
    VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VanderSEXXX

So far Castlevania: Lords of Shadow & Vanquish

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By vidiot
    @LittleBigJono said:

" @raphaa00 said:

" @LittleBigJono said:
    Did you need to own every item and weapon with you or by simply getting the item and then, for example, selling or dismantling it, it counts? "
    Um, pretty sure you just needed to own the item or weapon at some stage, but you should probably check with google :P "
    You don't need every accessories/weapon at once. You just need to at one point have held it. This trophy can be miss-able if you sell certain items. 
    You need at least every form of everyone's weapon, but you just need one Ultimate Weapons for each character.

To answer the question of this thread: Yakuza 3.  
    Maxing every mini-game in Yakuza 3, is a practice against all forms of sanity. There were many times where I almost threw in the towel. 

Final Fantasy XIII Platinum Trophy, is not difficult to get upon reflection. Difficulty shouldn't be confused for, "Just spending a bunch of time to get everything".  
    Personally: I didn't feel fulfilled at all. I felt like the game was extended for several more hours, just grinding for cash. The drop rates in that game are beyond stupid, and the continual mark-missions started to get on my nerves. After grinding all characters to max CP levels, and then still run into road-blocks kinda defeated the purpose of going that extra effort to max out characters. Resonance of Fate required a bunch of grinding to get an S-Rank in too, but at least I felt powerful enough to wipe-out anything.   
    Ugh, that whole end-game is terrible.

On the other hand, I can totally see someone rallying against the same grind-mentality regarding Yakuza 3. Hypocritical to proclaim that Yakuza 3, is a better platinum trophy than FFXIII? Probably. 
    On the other-hand, while the game did push the confines of my stable mentality, at least I was doing other things from time-to-time in the game. Instead of fighting the same four dudes that drop Perfumes and then go sell them to get money, with an in-game economy that's broken because some developer thinks having a 0.1% drop rate on enemies inspires some-form of rudimentary challenge. 
    NO GIL OR TRAPS FOR YOU!ROLL THE DICE AGAIN!
    Suffice to say, I watched a bunch of TV while playing.
    LittleBigJono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LittleBigJono
    @vidiot:  Aha, you pretty much pointed out everything i hated about getting the platinum for FFXIII. You clearly have the verbal prowess I lack cos your reply is pretty much what I felt but couldn't write down
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By FunExplosions
    @NinjaHunter said:
    " Probably Infamous. I got all 350 blast shards without the use of a guide. Never again. "
    Same here. It's always the last one... I felt like I spent as much time looking for this last one way over by the cranes as I did looking for the first 349.
    zack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By zack1

well let's see from the bunch of 27 platinums that i have the ones that i'm most proud of are   

LBP just frustrating as hell becose of the heart mechanism. Demon's souls i actually got 2 platinums on it on the NTSC and PAL versions of the game, only annoying part was farming for the pure bladestone that took more than 3 hours dedicated farming on my PAL run. 

And then getting resonance of fate and FFXIII platinums were pretty satisfying, and yeah only took me 80 hours to get the platinum on XIII just sell all the stuff you already got to make the rest of the weapons and  accessories u need.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#14  Edited By Soap

Mine is probably Little Big planet, I worked my ass off to get those hearts and ended up with a lot more than I needed :D 

My little Ghostbusters level did me proud

raphaa00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By raphaa00
    @vidiot said:
    " @LittleBigJono said:

" @raphaa00 said:

" @LittleBigJono said:
    Um, pretty sure you just needed to own the item or weapon at some stage, but you should probably check with google :P "
    You don't need every accessories/weapon at once. You just need to at one point have held it. This trophy can be miss-able if you sell certain items. 
    You need at least every form of everyone's weapon, but you just need one Ultimate Weapons for each character.  
    Thanks!

I'm earning more cash selling all the extra loot I get, keeping only the weapons I've upgraded.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By CL60

I don't have any platinums, I don't play my PS3 enough. Only for exclusives.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By Nadafinga

Mirror's Edge. The speed runs on that game were very challenging.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Grissefar

I only have the easy ones such as Uncharted, Dead Space and God of War. I tried to get it in FF XIII but had to give up after doing all the quests because I thought the ones with the weapons and items were an unfun time sink.

Avatar image for detectivespecial
    DetectiveSpecial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DetectiveSpecial

I don't have platinums because I have the attention span of a gnat. I can't stay interested in a game long enough to achieve everything needed for a platinum. 
    I almost have a platinum in RE5, and booted it up the other day to see if I could make it happen - but I have no interest. Once I finish a game, I find it hard to go back. 

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By lead_farmer

I have none.  I think I'll try getting it for Dead Space 2, Vanquish, and maybe Borderlands.  I just really don't want to do the arena crap for Mad Moxxi.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SuperWristBands

I'm gonna go with Tales of Vesperia. It has a platinum style achievement so it totally counts.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22  Edited By Skald

Uncharted 2. After I finish Dead Space 2, I'm going to get the one trophy I'm missing for the original Dead Space.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Nadafinga
    @lead_farmer said:
    " I have none.  I think I'll try getting it for Dead Space 2, Vanquish, and maybe Borderlands.  I just really don't want to do the arena crap for Mad Moxxi. "
    You can get the platinum for Borderlands without the Mad Moxxi, DLC doesn't count towards platinum trophies.

@Grissefar said:
    " I only have the easy ones such as Uncharted, Dead Space and God of War. I tried to get it in FF XIII but had to give up after doing all the quests because I thought the ones with the weapons and items were an unfun time sink. "

I tried getting Dead Space, but I couldn't get the trophy for shooting those asteroids. My old man reflexes couldn't take it.
    fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By fwylo

I'm disappointed there is no mention of Demon's Souls in here.  Is that even possible?

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By UncleDisco

I only have one in Assassin's Creed II.. so I guess it has to be that... even though it was pretty easy...

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By luce
    @fwylo said:
    " I'm disappointed there is no mention of Demon's Souls in here.  Is that even possible? "
    Most of it involves tedious farming thats not at all what makes the game fun 

My proudest platinum is probably Fallout: NV
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RE_Player1

Dead Space and Borderlands

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By OmegaPirate

God, Killzone 2 was a pretty cool one to get - mainly because of the top % in the world online trophies. 

Out of the 40+ i've got it's hard to pick one or two out but there are some bitchin' platinums out there. 

One i regret not getting the most is the one trophy away i was from vanquish. Fuck Challenge 6 - seriously, fuck it so much

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#29  Edited By Sooperspy

No platinums.

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#30  Edited By killroycantkill

I guess it would be which ever one people think is harder between Bayonetta, and Prototype. Prototype was just really tedious though, expect for all those platinum medal challenges.
    yomo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By yomo8

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Demons Souls

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By vidiot
    @Sasran said:
    " I'm gonna go with Tales of Vesperia. It has a platinum style achievement so it totally counts. "
    Respect. 
    I stopped due to the confusion regarding the PS3 getting a NA re-release, and whether or not I wanted to continue and be pre-burned out when I played the PS3 version...That never materialized outside of Japan... 
    Some of those achievements are super time-hogs. The Grade farming in that game is bloody ludicrous.
    BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BabyChooChoo
    @Nadafinga said:

" Mirror's Edge. The speed runs on that game were very challenging. "

God bless your soul. You and everyone else who platinum-ed that game deserve a metal. And I'm not being sarcastic. Fuck those speed runs and the hell-spawn that created them.
    SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#34  Edited By SMTDante89

Probably Sly 1 on the Sly Collection.  Incredibly easy, sure, but out of the first three games I got when I first bought a PS2 (Sly 1, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank) Sly 1 was my favorite and it still holds up today in my opinion.

smitty86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By smitty86

I guess only one I have, Assassin's Creed 2. I would have one for Infamous but I was missing one shard and I got sick of running around the whole damn city looking for it

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Darksiders or Uncharted 2 but I will have the Killzone 2 platinum next which will be the best.

Pickingwings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pickingwings

Probably my Price of Persia platinum trophy since it was my first platinum trophy.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DeF

BioShock 1 and 2, I think. The hardest difficulty made this really really interesting but still a lot of fun (maybe moreso than the easier difficulties)

Also, InFamous ... I was so happy when the last blast shard I was missing happened to be on the building that the helicopter-thing drops you off on before the last mission :D

And Darksiders ...that one trophy which has you kill x number of guys while flying on that griffon or whatever it was is pretty ridiculous (and the tedious horse riding trophy ...when you barely use the horse to get around, why make the mileage reguirement so ridiculously high?)

valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By valiantgrizzly

Well, I have:

inFamous - not that hard at all, I did end up using a guide to find the very last blast shard.
    Borderlands - really, really easy platinum, or at least it felt that way for me seeing as I really enjoyed that game. Also got all the Zombie Island/Mad Moxxi/Knoxx trophies, but didn't bother getting everything for Robot Revolution.
    Red Dead Redemption - probably the one I'm proudest of. Getting 100% in the game and getting to level 50 in multiplayer took quite a while.

3 trophies away from Mass Effect 2 Platinum, roughly 2/3rds through my Insanity run.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40  Edited By Deusoma

I don't have a single Platinum to my name, but I'm gonna try to get the one for The Sly Collection.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Never cared much for trophies and have recently stopped caring about achievements altogether, I don't even bother looking at them any more.  I really hope we see the idea much more fleshed out with the next consoles, it was a great idea with the 360 but now that it's been copied by everything ever, it's just tired.  I liked Sony's idea to expand upon it, by giving you virtual trophies in a home space and working through levels, etc, but it came too late in the game for me and smacked of desperation. 

The only two Platinum's I have are Uncharted and inFamous, neither of which I put much effort into getting, I just loved playing the games.  (and got very lucky with the shards in inFamous!)

quicksand31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By quicksand31

I've only got Fallout 3 and inFamous.  Working towards Uncharted and God of War 3 (two of those challenges of olympus are straight from the depths of hell). 

EternalFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By EternalFox
    @LittleBigJono said:
    " @raphaa00 said:
    " @LittleBigJono said:

You only need to have it at one stage. But I nearly missed it since I missed one and had to get them again. I was lucky...
    xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
    @lead_farmer:
    You don't need to get any dlc trophies for the platinum
    FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45  Edited By FesteringNeon

ATM I only have 2, but i'd say Borderlands.
    I may try and get a platinum in Demon's Souls...  it's just hard to turn some of those minerals for the maxed out weapons!

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By GunstarRed

Katamari Forever, getting 100% of the collection is a massive  task.  That coupled with having to eternal  most levels in the game make it my proudest.

copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kingzetta

dragon age

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Aus_azn
    @lead_farmer said:
    "  I just really don't want to do the arena crap for Mad Moxxi. "
    My friend wanted to do this on PC, which doesn't even have achievements. Dragged me into doing it and we both agreed to declare that it never existed. Worst DLC ever.
    JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JCGamer
    @EternalFox said:
    " Mine's FF13. I slaved away for 179 hours with it...and I was missing one stupid weapon. I was so happy I got it. What about you guys? "
    Damn, that's a bunch of FF13.  I haven't platinumed anything.  The closest I've come is God of War 1 (in the collection), but I don't think I'll ever get those god challenges.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.