Which game should I play next?

Posted by Jamin724 (194 posts) 7 months, 23 days ago

Poll: Which game should I play next? (59 votes)

Uncharted 1 8%
Uncharted 2 24%
Asassian's Creed 4 22%
Re-beat The Last of Us 3%
Metal Gear Solid 3 31%
Grand Theft Auto 4 5%
Final Fantasy XIII-2 7%

Here is a list of the games on my back log. I have beaten: The Last of Us, Uncharted 1, and Uncharted 2 but I do not remember the Uncharted games at all.

#1 Posted by Jeust (10644 posts) -

I'm rebeating The Last of Us, and I'm liking the experience, but I think you would do better by playing a new game, like Assassins Creed IV.

#2 Posted by Stete (734 posts) -

If you have never played it before, you should definitely play Metal Gear Solid 3. IMHO it's the pinnacle of the series, it has some great mechanics that I have not seen in another game, and the core story between Naked Snake and Boss is absolutely brilliant (and the rest of the story can be pretty bananas but hey it's an MGS game). Plus its a prequel so you don't have to play any of the other MGS games to find out what's going on.

#3 Posted by Buneroid (428 posts) -

MGS3 please it will help you get hype for ground zeroes.

#4 Posted by BambamCZ (139 posts) -

If you haven't played it already play MGS3, easily the best game on the list. Personally I'm going against my better judgement, but if you have backlog don't replay games. That way it keeps getting bigger, trust me...*looks at his own 200+ titles backlog*

#5 Edited by SharkEthic (1049 posts) -

MGS3 is hands down the best game on this list. Man, I wish I could start over fresh on the Metal Gear series.

#6 Posted by Nodima (1202 posts) -

I've beaten MGS3 in one sitting three times, and I'm not someone who speeds through that game (it generally takes about 12-14 hours for me). But if you haven't played it by now I have to assume your attachment to the series now isn't anything like what mine was back then, pre-clusterfuck 4, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

The first two Uncharted games are pretty damn cool - the second more than the first - but both have such terrible final levels that if you've played them both, if I were you I'd either move on to Uncharted 3 where they got everything just right or let the fact that you forgot most of those two games shield you from those dreadful endings.

For similar reasons, I didn't vote Last of Us. If you've played it and beaten it, move on. It'll always be there for you when you really need it (however, if you really want to go back to that world, by all means.)

Have no thoughts on Assassin's Creed IV, both I and II got incredibly dull halfway through their campaigns and from what I've seen in Quick Looks since the combat is still a paltry facsimile of Arkham combat, so I'd pass.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is based on Final Fantasy XIII, which I only played the demo of and honestly have no interest in sinking the time into. Battle system seems intriguing but I think I left my JRPG marathoning days back in grade school when I had more time and less interest in liquor.

So, my vote is Grand Theft Auto IV. Crazy, I know! GTA V is out there, doing everything GTA IV does way better, plus the Online that finally gives people like me who don't know how to create their own fun outside of rampages something to do in that world for as long as I may choose. But GTA IV is a wonderful little creature, Liberty City is a truly hilarious place and the first third of GTA IV is truly a masterwork even if it gets a little messy afterwards. The graphics engine hasn't held up well (I finally played Episodes from Liberty City over the summer in anticipation for GTA V) but nearly all the characters are memorable, the missions are great (seriously, why does everyone always bag on GTA's missions?) and even after all this time spent with V, I still think GTA IV had the most immersive inner-city gun battles I've ever been party to. Walking through apartment buildings with a shotgun in that game just immediately doubles your heart rate, and for some reason playing GTA V no-hud just doesn't have the same adrenaline rush it did in Liberty City's enclosed spaces.

#7 Posted by Poonz (136 posts) -

Uncharted is one of my favorite series of all time. I'd play that from the beginning to end. If my ps3 wasn't broken I'd consider playing it all the way through again.

#8 Posted by Jamin724 (194 posts) -

Forgot to mention with MGS3 I will also be doing Peacewalker I have the HD Collection but I beat MGS2 long time ago.

#9 Edited by BambamCZ (139 posts) -

Peacewalker is a really fun game, though I played through pretty much the entirity of it with my brother on PSP. Dunno how it holds up solo. Also the overall feel is very different from the rest of the series.

#10 Posted by MetalBaofu (1382 posts) -

Out of those I had the most fun with Assassin's Creed.

#11 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5479 posts) -

MGS3 and then Uncharted 2.

#12 Posted by Nightriff (5079 posts) -

MGS3 is amazing, go play that.

#13 Posted by Jamin724 (194 posts) -

Should I play Uncharted 1 before 2 I dont remember but doesnt the story follow along the series?

#14 Posted by Jeust (10644 posts) -

@jamin724 said:

Should I play Uncharted 1 before 2 I dont remember but doesnt the story follow along the series?

The stories of both games are very self-contained with just references in Uncharted 2 to Uncharted 1.

#15 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5826 posts) -

MGS 3. It's the best game on your list by far.

#16 Posted by jimmyfenix (3854 posts) -

UC2.

#17 Edited by csl316 (8653 posts) -

MGS 3 is a hell of a game, and got me back to playing stuff after college stopped my gaming for almost a year (back in the day). One of the best in the series, if not the best.

#18 Edited by Slag (4348 posts) -

Assassin's Creed IV, you're already late on the rest might as well play the one that's kind of in the zeitgeist

#19 Posted by Jamin724 (194 posts) -

Well beat MGS3 little confused but that is like most Metal Gears lol nice to see how big boss got his title and what not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.