Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Yet Another "Year of the PS3" Thread

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By KamasamaK

This one is about 2008, though. I found the existence of GameTrailers' system wars-provoking category interesting enough, but I can't say I expected the winner. Please try to keep it civil if your opinion differs.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince
    dcpc10 said:
    "GT is unpredictable...they didn't even nominate MGS4 for best story yet they say the PS3 had the best software lineup O_o"
    Yeah, their weird.
    HashHeesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By HashHeesh

I think they are putting a mask on. They've been called out for being biased towards X360 here and there and now they are trying to offset that perception by giving the PlayStation 3 the award. Plus X360 dominated 06' and 07', if it won it again, then they would look extremely biased.

Remember their muck up on their graphics comparison on Grid?

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KamasamaK
    HashHeesh said:
    "I think they are putting a mask on. They've been called out for being biased towards X360 here and there and now they are trying to offset that perception by giving the PlayStation 3 the award. Plus X360 dominated 06' and 07', if it won it again, then they would look extremely biased.

Remember their muck up on their graphics comparison on Grid?"
    Why is it so hard to believe that they legitimately thought the PS3's lineup was better? Somehow I doubt it was to counter rumors of bias. All publications get hammered with accusations of bias, but giving into that is irresponsible and unprofessional. I think it'd be hard to make an argument against the Xbox 360 in 2006, and even in 2007 it had more standout titles than the PS3 or Wii. One detriment to the Xbox 360 was that GT really didn't care for Banjo. Even if you don't agree that PS3's lineup this year was better, there were enough quality titles to make it hard to deny that personal tastes aside it's at least a worthy rival.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Looks about right to me, PS3 had a great year.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Uh... Warhawk came out last year, GT!

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KamasamaK
    AndrewGaspar said:
    "Uh... Warhawk came out last year, GT!"
    Maybe they're counting the add-ons, seeing as they counted Lich King. They also made the mistake of saying No More Heroes was released in the latter half of the year.
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Gizmo

LPB and MGS4 vs Fable 2, GOW2, Left 4 Dead, on pure big-name titles alone, I would go for Xbox. If GTA IV DLC had come out in 08, this year would be the 360's year(commerically).

They are just saying PS3 is up and coming to sell them, they do the same with every console, I wouldn't trust Gametrailers too much, their reviews are very... weird.
    Slicknice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Slicknice

It seems to me like it is a tough call, and certainly not as easy a decision as they claim it was.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.