Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

youtube, recorded games and the different experiences?

Megalibra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Megalibra

Hi there,

am just posting this topic to ask people if they notice or agree that recorded games and game videos on youtube have a DIFFERENT feel. or let me rephrase it did you ever het hyped for a game by watching it's trailers then you get slightly not totally but slightly disappointed with the real gameplay, you just get the feeling that you experineced some falshopes before buying the game....or you just feel the experience was different than the gameplay videos that you watched.

the different feel is more noticeable when you don't play flash video in full screen, you have to watch the video in small screen, BUT it's also noticeable if you watch the video in 720p full screen.

please if you want post a comment you must agree on the point that recorded games and real games have a different feel. If you didn't notice or felt that don't leave any comment.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hunkulese

Why is there a question mark In your title?

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By BraveToaster

No, I've never het hyped before.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By leebmx

I refuse to agree.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

Well, trailers are supposed to GET YOU HYPE. The trick is to temper one's expectations and wait for actual gameplay to surface before piling on the bandwagon.

There's probably some science-y stuff to explain why video looks better at a certain framerate at a given resolution, compared to actually playing a game with the same parameters.

Also, fuck you:

please if you want post a comment you must agree on the point that recorded games and real games have a different feel. If you didn't notice or felt that don't leave any comment.
    Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Grissefar

Is this viral promotion for OnLive? Some sort of "video compression makes everything look better' argument?

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By devilzrule27

i? am so? confused right now?

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stinky

again? how many times are you going to spam this?

Megalibra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Megalibra

@Grissefar: no no no am just saying the feel of a gameplay is different in a video than in real life it's just somehow different do you notice that. am not a viral markter am serious and am just asking a question if you are not related to the issue don't comment..

thank you

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By musubi

Can this guy be banned already? He keeps making the same stupid spam topic.

Megalibra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Megalibra

@stinky: am not spaming am just asking this question if you don't agree go to hell...am asking if i am the only one who is noticing.

Megalibra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Megalibra

@Ravenlight: oh so you know how to spell WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW that's how you will pick up girls loser.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By killacam

this is still my favorite thread incarnation

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Ravenlight

@Megalibra said:

@Ravenlight: oh so you know how to spell WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW that's how you will pick up girls loser.

Wow. You must be the most popular guy in the seventh grade with that attitude.

Way to completely misunderstand my intentions though, champ. Posting something to a public forum then telling people who disagree with you to not post makes you look like a douchebag. Thanks for clearing up any lingering doubts I had.

ModernAlkemie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ModernAlkemie

Wait...so you create a topic asking if people have ever noticed differences in quality shown in recorded vs. live gameplay, but then you turn around and only ask for people to respond if their answer is yes? I'm so confused. That doesn't seem like a way to foster interesting discussion.

I have never experienced what you have. The compression of internet videos (including the terrible job YouTube does) combined with the fact that I run most games on a high-end PC means there is no comparison between the two.

Also, please stop spamming topics. It seems people expressed their feelings to your opinions (including a staff member) in your previous posts.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Grissefar

@Megalibra said:

@Grissefar: no no no am just saying the feel of a gameplay is different in a video than in real life it's just somehow different do you notice that. am not a viral markter am serious and am just asking a question if you are not related to the issue don't comment..

thank you

Ha ! Ha ! I just copied Jeffs comment from the other thread you made, which I thought was pretty funny.

Anyway, if you're going to continue to make these threads, you've got to stop being to defensive about it, man. Your wierd mix of defensive, hostile behavior and wierd questions that nobody can understand feels really out of place, man. Perhaps you've just got to chill a bit and accept that nobody understands what you're talking about and stop making similar threads, because with that attitude nobody is going to agree with you.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By stinky

@Megalibra said:

@stinky: am not spaming am just asking this question if you don't agree go to hell...am asking if i am the only one who is noticing.

you are spamming, you can click on your history and see how many times you brought this topic up.

you need to move on.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Grissefar

@Grissefar said:

@Megalibra said:

thank you

Ha ! Ha ! I just copied Jeffs comment from the other thread you made, which I thought was pretty funny.

Anyway, if you're going to continue to make these threads, you've got to stop being to defensive about it, man. Your wierd mix of defensive, hostile behavior and wierd questions that nobody can understand feels really out of place, man. Perhaps you've just got to chill a bit and accept that nobody understands what you're talking about and stop making similar threads, because with that attitude nobody is going to agree with you.

Ha ! Ha ! Did you really think that response warranted a PM with the message "Go to hell"? Perhaps Giant Bomb is not for you. May I suggest 4chan instead?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Pie

What are you talking about!?!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.