Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

2013 PS4 UK/EU Release Confirmed!

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Seppli

Yes! Now all I need to know are the SKUs and pricing so I can place my preorder.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

Yes! Now all I need to know are the SKUs and pricing so I can place my preorder.

Hopefully you guys don't get ripped off on the "conversion" between USD and Euro/Pounds. My hopes aren't high, but if y'all get a break on the usual BS, maybe we will.

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#4  Edited By wwfundertaker

@selfconfessedcynic:You've made my day. I do actually hope Sony can release the console worldwide, as the ps3 launch dates were insane if you didn't live in the US and Japan.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wwfundertaker said:

@selfconfessedcynic:You've made my day. I do actually hope Sony can release the console worldwide, as the ps3 launch dates were insane if you didn't live in the US and Japan.

Man, I hope so.

On the one hand a 2014 release will give me some breathing room to save up for the console + games, and give me an idea of what games to buy since the reviews will have hit by then.

On the other hand, I want that thing all over my body right fucking now.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By Seppli

@seppli said:

Hopefully you guys don't get ripped off on the "conversion" between USD and Euro/Pounds. My hopes aren't high, but if y'all get a break on the usual BS, maybe we will.

Guess it's your average 30% mark-up in comparison to the UK/US. I guess we get off easy in comparison to you Aussies, or other such exotic locations like Iceland.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nice. I just read somewhere yesterday that it would only launch in the US and Japan this year and thought "DAS NUTS SONY!"

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By jacdg

Cool, can't wait to get mine summer 2014, since I'm going to be abroad most of the winter 2014 and it would make no sense buying a console I won't be able to play on.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Wait until a month before it actually launches to say "confirmed" :)

JasonLeeson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By JasonLeeson

I live in the UK and I'm going back to PlayStation this generation.

But I STILL won't be buying it launch.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@jimbo said:

Nice. I just read somewhere yesterday that it would only launch in the US and Japan this year and thought "DAS NUTS SONY!"

Wait, so it won't launch in Canada? If so what the fuck is up with that? US and Canada aren't different enough to hold back our release date.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

They had to pick one of the worst angles of the new controller to put on that image didn't they...

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's nice but I hope there's more at launch than Watch Dogs and Black Flag. (and other enhanced ports)

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Each store gets half a dozen and the system sells out instantly.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ezakael said:

@jimbo said:

Wait, so it won't launch in Canada? If so what the fuck is up with that? US and Canada aren't different enough to hold back our release date.

Sorry yeah it was probably NA rather than US.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, I doubt I will end up buying one at launch though.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zero_
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zero_: Yeah, most of all I'm surprised that they didn't make a straight up TV ad.

Probably holding off until after they reveal the form factor, but still - I have no idea if this comparatively low-key ad campaign will work well. Are side-line ads usually a big deal?

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely more excited about PS4 than Xbox One, although it's still way too early to tell what will be 'better'.

Let's just hope the price isn't too crazy.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@selfconfessedcynic: 'Big deal' in the sense that hundreds of millions of viewers all around the watch that watch the Champions League will be seeing these scrolling banners for ~90 minutes. It's very strong marketting despite the lack of fanfare, especially considering the association of Playstation with Europe.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

I don't fret over launch dates, it has always taken every console ever at least a year to have games released for it truly worth while and they're always available worldwide within a year of their first region release.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zero_ said:

@selfconfessedcynic: 'Big deal' in the sense that hundreds of millions of viewers all around the watch that watch the Champions League will be seeing these scrolling banners for ~90 minutes. It's very strong marketting despite the lack of fanfare, especially considering the association of Playstation with Europe.

That's an interesting point - the worldwide thing. There's no way that they want to imply the PS4 is coming out worldwide in 2013, are they? I want to keep my hopes down since I have yet to not be either ripped off or disappointed here in AUS by any of the big 3.

Then again, I would assume that the largest audience for football is Europe itself (in terms of sheer population and density) - so that'd be the largest target for this ad.

Ah well, only 2 weeks until more questions are answered. I'm hoping for price / release date like they revealed for the Vita but who knows.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By zero_

@selfconfessedcynic: yeah, this ad is specifically targeted at the UK market and probably Europe. My money is on a joint NA and Europe launch in November 2013, and early 2014 launch in Japan and other countries. Japan just isn't that huge compared to the rest and the Japanese loyalty will keep Sony going there.

Heh, I'm also from Australia and there's no doubt we'll get screwed as usual. Even though Australia is managed by the Europe division of Sony SCEE, we're just too damn small for anything to count. My bets on an early 2014 $700 launch for us.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zero_ said:

@selfconfessedcynic: yeah, this ad is specifically targeted at the UK market and probably Europe. My money is on a joint NA and Europe launch in November 2013, and early 2014 launch in Japan and other countries. Japan just isn't that huge compared to the rest and the Japanese loyalty will keep Sony going there.

Heh, I'm also from Australia and there's no doubt we'll get screwed as usual. Even though Australia is managed by the Europe division of Sony SCEE, we're just too damn small for anything to count. My bets on an early 2014 $700 launch for us.

Yup, that's what I'm thinking too - Feb 2014 for around $700. BUT, my guess for the US price is $399-$499, and if you look at our prices compared to theirs for SCE hardware we're only sitting on a $70-100 markup across the board nowadays.

You never know - could you imagine a $5-600 PS4? I'd be there fucking day one if it's $500.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.