A Few Last-Minute Bits of PlayStation 4 Info

• 117 results
#101 Edited by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1695 posts) -

Thanks for the info Jeff.

#102 Posted by cannedstingray (386 posts) -

So, since Jack Tretton is the one who said the PS4 supports used games. I wonder what would happen if he was to step down and somebody else took over his job, would that no longer serve as "permission" to sell used games??

#103 Posted by Snail (8574 posts) -

But if I was putting out the PS4, I'd hide the PS1 and PS2 startup sequences in that firmware and show them when the system clock matches up with those consoles' launch dates.

This is a brilliant idea.

#104 Posted by freakin9 (1085 posts) -

I'm curious if the plane was in 1080p at 60fps or not.

#105 Posted by Hailinel (23689 posts) -

So this is the same event that Sessler was losing his shit over?

#106 Posted by flippyandnod (360 posts) -

Yes

@hailinel said:

So this is the same event that Sessler was losing his shit over?

#107 Edited by Dan_CiTi (3150 posts) -

Goddamn the PS1 had a good launch screen, maybe the best ever.

#108 Posted by flannelbeard (126 posts) -

as for syncing, i am guessing, xbox is one system so it didn't need to sync. sony has ps3, ps4 and vita and they all show and register trophies at that same time so it needs to sync somehow.

i wonder if 360 and xbone works this way now?

#109 Edited by Ulquiorra (64 posts) -

Thanks Jeff.

#110 Posted by kist (194 posts) -

Can't wait to hear more on what you guys think, looking forward to more GB coverage of the PS4 :)

#111 Edited by ThatOneDudeNick (489 posts) -
#112 Edited by kn00tcn (158 posts) -

@flannelbeard said:

as for syncing, i am guessing, xbox is one system so it didn't need to sync. sony has ps3, ps4 and vita and they all show and register trophies at that same time so it needs to sync somehow.

i wonder if 360 and xbone works this way now?

that's not what syncing means in this case, i only have a ps3 & you always have to manually sync just to get any changes to appear on the sony site, otherwise all trophies are strored locally on the console

it takes a while since i bet it's manually going through each game, so the more trophies/games you have, the longer it takes (i can confirm it taking longer as i got more trophies & started more games with 0 or 1 trophy out of 20+ each)

to speed this up on ps4, they probably have a timestamp system that would skip already synced trophies, probably like SVN/GIT/dropbox version control

#113 Edited by mrcraggle (1800 posts) -

I'm glad Jeff is down with Octodad.

#114 Posted by Y2Ken (1041 posts) -

I've always been a fan of the Dualshock myself, though the 360 pad is a fine controller too. So hearing that both of them are improved is great, and given that I'm completely in camp PS4 for launch at least, it's good to hear that you feel so positively about the new model.

#115 Edited by ptys (1868 posts) -

I'll just enjoy your coverage and wait for the next Mass Effect to back a horse. I hope its a Steam Machine...

#116 Edited by Tatsuyarr (62 posts) -

@dan_citi: No, actually this was the Dreamcast's.

#117 Posted by AURON570 (1672 posts) -

LMAO Octodad is like... "haters gonna hate..."

#119 Posted by FirebirdINF (275 posts) -

Are you going to Turkey, Jeff? What's hot in Ottomania? New AssCreed?

#125 Posted by infectedhero (15 posts) -

Thanks for the info.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.