Amazon 3 for 2 on PS4 games

• 94 results
#1 Edited by Fredddi43 (331 posts) -

So i just got an email from Amazon with a code telling me I could preorder 3 games for PS4 and only pay for 2. Any of you got this? What did you get? I think I might go for AC4, Killlzone and Need for Speed, but I'm not sure yet...

#2 Edited by spraynardtatum (2955 posts) -

I heard Target was offering the same thing. Do you know if it's launch day delivery? That's important to me.

#3 Posted by JayEH (533 posts) -

Damn, I wish Gamestop would do something similar but I already picked up my Killzone pre order...

#4 Posted by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

I hope Amazon UK has this deal. I want a free knack!

#5 Posted by kaos_cracker (588 posts) -

I just checked and didn't have that email.. Kinda bummed

#6 Posted by Fredddi43 (331 posts) -

@spraynardtatum: Pulled the trigger on those 3 games, Amazon order status says launch day delivery, AC4 even a week before that. You even get the Special Edition of AC for the price of the standard. Also, forgot to say that this is Amazon Germany I'm talking about here.

#7 Posted by iceman228433 (616 posts) -

I really wish this would show up for me I would take advantage of it for sure.

#8 Posted by GaspoweR (3032 posts) -

@spraynardtatum: Pulled the trigger on those 3 games, Amazon order status says launch day delivery, AC4 even a week before that. You even get the Special Edition of AC for the price of the standard. Also, forgot to say that this is Amazon Germany I'm talking about here.

Welp. I'm not getting a new console anyways but man that sounds like one hell of a good deal.

#9 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

The deal goes public November 10th. If you wait til then and have prime or want to pay for release delivery you can.

#10 Posted by cloudymusic (1118 posts) -

I really hope that everyone can get in on this offer, because this sounds perfect.

AC4, Killzone, and.........hmm. Knack? :/

#11 Posted by Brodehouse (9950 posts) -

I might try to get a PS4 if that was a Canadian thing.

#12 Posted by flippyandnod (387 posts) -

I wish I got one of those codes.

I know I'd order 3. Probably didn't send me the code since I already have 2 on order and they know I'd just add a 3rd for free.

#13 Posted by kpaadet (410 posts) -

Amazon.de offered it a few days ago, I got AC4, BF4 and Killzone.

#14 Edited by RioStarwind (547 posts) -

Well this saves me a trip to target. Glad to see that amazon would rather take my money instead since I'm to lazy to drive all the way to target.

#15 Edited by csl316 (8675 posts) -

Well, I had just canceled my preorders so I can get in on the Target deal.

But dammit, Amazon, you always know what I need.

#16 Posted by Nightriff (5084 posts) -

Damn I would take advantage of this.

I currently have Killzone and NBA 2k14 preordered, but for whatever reason it says NBA won't show up till the Tuesday after launch. If this hasn't changed before next Friday (week before launch) I might just cancel both and run to target in the morning and pick up 2 for 1 before my PS4 is delivered.

#17 Posted by JCGamer (663 posts) -

I think this deal came around several months ago for a bunch of games. That's the only reason I preordered Battlefield 4, Destiny, and inFamous awhile ago.

#18 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5513 posts) -

I really hope this becomes available for Amazon U.S. I already bought Killzone from Gamestop, but I also plan to get AC4 and Battlefield 4. Maybe I'll pick up Knack, or preorder Need for Speed Rivals if I can take advantage of the deal.

#19 Edited by Barrock (3533 posts) -

Please 'Merica? PLEASE?

#20 Edited by wallee321 (81 posts) -

@fredddi43 Your talking about the US Amazon site right?

I'd really rather do this deal through Amazon, instead of having to keep checking in at Target. I would like to pick BF4, AC4, and Killzone, the Target leaked ad says the first two come out that Tuesday, but Killzone doesn't until launch day on the 15th. Of course I keep hearing about PS4 games breaking street dates, so maybe Killzone would be available on Tuesday. I work days on Fridays, so I wouldn't be able to get to a Target, until like 6pm; by then all the games will all be sold out.

If I have to use Target, I guess I would, get BF4, AC4, and CoD. Right now, I still have Killzone pre-ordered through Amazon. I could play the campaign and then trade that in after a month and still get 30 or 40 dollars back.

Please Amazon, let this deal be true.

#21 Edited by ThatOneDudeNick (584 posts) -

Yeah, hoping Amazon US does this as well. I'd really prefer not to deal with Target. I already have Killzone preordered through Amazon. If I can get one game free, I'll pick up Knack, AC4, and I have no idea. Those should be enough games to hold me over til Infamous next year

#22 Posted by Aviar (435 posts) -

I was planning on hitting up target early in the morning on the 15th, but if Amazon offers this, I will definitely just order from them!

#23 Posted by ThatOneDudeNick (584 posts) -

NFS Rivals is now a launch title. So that'll be my free game. Woot!

#24 Posted by AlKusanagi (920 posts) -

@thatonedudenick: Yeah, I hope so too, considering I have 3 games pre-ordered already.

#25 Posted by cloudymusic (1118 posts) -

@thatonedudenick said:

NFS Rivals is now a launch title. So that'll be my free game. Woot!

Awesome!

#26 Edited by A_E_Martin (215 posts) -

Amazon UK customer service apparently know nothing of this.

Has there been any real indication whether this will be an open-to-all promotion or only for those who happen to get codes?

#27 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2490 posts) -

Man, I hope I get a code, would go for Knack, Killzone and Rivals more than likely.

#28 Posted by Barrock (3533 posts) -

I guess this isn't happening?

#29 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -
#30 Edited by Barrock (3533 posts) -

I JUST got an email saying "Thanks for ordering multiple PS4 games. Here's a code for a free one!"

I had Assassin's Creed and Killzone ordered with Watch.Dogs.

It looks like any of the launch titles qualify.

#31 Edited by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

I had no idea about this promotion until I got my code a few minutes ago. I have Battlefield 4 on PC and ordered AC4 and Killzone already. I believe Contrast is free for PS+ and I thought Warframe was pretty forgettable on PC. I don't really care about CoD and Knack looks like something that should be on WiiU. I went with Need for Speed Rivals for my freebie.

#32 Posted by TooWalrus (13200 posts) -

It's too bad PS4 doesn't have that third exclusive boxed game. Killzone and Knack both look like they're worth playing (Killzone for sure). Especially for $40/piece.

Though I suppose it doesn't matter to me anyway, I canceled my pre-order. I'll spend that money on an iPad... or a trip to Mexico.

#33 Edited by kdrudy (24 posts) -

I got an e-mail for Buy One, Get One this morning from Amazon for pre-ording a game. I only pre-ordered Need for Speed so I threw Killzone in there too, because why not.

#34 Posted by Sackmanjones (4705 posts) -

Just redeemed mine, it's a great deal. Ordered battlefield which was a definite buy and got madden free which I was on the fence about since it's madden. But now I still have my 50 and 40 dollar GameStop and best buy gift cards to pick up two more games. Leaning towards need for speed and either nba or knack depending on reviews.

#35 Posted by A_E_Martin (215 posts) -

So has anyone got the offer from Amazon UK, or are you guys all in the US?

#36 Posted by Asmo917 (411 posts) -

Just got this e-mail a few minutes ago. Had already ordered Black Flag and Rivals, so I grabbed Shadow Fall, which I was planning on doing this week anyway. The image in the e-mail is a bit misleading, since more games are eligible. I thought it was just ACIV, Madden, 2k14, FIFA, and Battlefield until I checked out the link in the message.

#37 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (622 posts) -

mine was a bogo deal, but I had already ordered AC4 so they probably took that into consideration. I'm tossed between getting CoD Ghost or Lego Marvel as my free game, getting Killzone as my other one. Any suggestions?

#38 Posted by bybeach (4831 posts) -

If I had a pre-order, this is exactly what I would be looking to Amazon for, console games and deals. Amazon was my choice for that.

#39 Posted by StarvingGamer (8243 posts) -

Gar they're out of copies of NFS for PS4? Nooo!

#40 Edited by DrZing (81 posts) -

Glad to see they are doing this. I got an email after preordering KZ. It included a code for BOGO (essentially it becomes a 3-for-2 deal). Sweet! Eligible games seem to include all PS4 retail games: KZ, Knack, COD, BF4, Madden, FIFA, NBA, AC4, NFSR, JD2k14, Skylanders, Lego Marvel, Injustice, and Angry Birds.

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering a PS4 game. You have qualified for a special Buy One, Get One promotion on select PS4 titles.

Add two of the qualifying items to your cart and at checkout apply your individual claim code: xxxxxxxxxxx

Your savings will be displayed in your Order Summary. Offer is valid through November 16, 2013.

#41 Edited by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6197 posts) -

This is now advertised on the American Amazon site too. I hope they get around to updating it for other consoles, too, but I imagine their best deals will still be around Black Friday week and Cyber Monday. We'll see.

#42 Posted by ComradeCrash (559 posts) -

I ordered Killzone from Amazon a day ago and I just got the email saying if I bought one more game I could get another free. Yay. I guess I will get AC4 and Battlefield I think.

#43 Posted by ArcadeHero (72 posts) -

I had the PS4 with Killzone bundle preordered and I got a code for b1g1 on ps4 games. Picking up Assassin's Creed and Need for Speed.

#44 Posted by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

So no Amazon UK offer?

#45 Posted by Sterling (2299 posts) -

They are now also advertising a buy two get one on the site also: "Promotion Starts on Tuesday 11/12/13 at 9:00am PST through 1:00pm PST or while supplies last."

#46 Posted by Barrock (3533 posts) -

Bit torn. Do I go Knack, Lego Marvel, or Need for Speed?

#47 Edited by frankiebeanz (205 posts) -
#48 Posted by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

@frankiebeanz: I wish Amazon UK does this closer to the EU PS4 launch.

#49 Posted by Barrock (3533 posts) -

Is anyone else having trouble using their code?

#50 Edited by RioStarwind (547 posts) -

Just great I should have never canceled my Killzone pre order from amazon. Guess I'll have to be quick to checkout on Tuesday or go to Target.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.