Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Amazon lists PlayStation 4 games with price of $99.99

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TwoArmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TwoArmed

Wii U games got listed at the placeholder price of $99.99, so...non-issue?

crimsinf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By crimsinf

They won't be that much. They're just protecting themselves with their lowest price guarantee thing. There's nothing to be gotten from this find. So yeah, non-issue.

thejke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thejke

I wasn't aware of that. Hopefully that is the case here.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

until release dates are confirmed, retailer listings are utterly meaningless.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By WickedCobra03

@twoarmed said:

Wii U games got listed at the placeholder price of $99.99, so...non-issue?

Basically this. I think they do this so they don't have to raise prices. But I don't know if the industry can handle another generation of pushing $60 games and then $20-40 worth of must purchase DLC to stay current for multiplayer, to get the real ending of a game, ect....

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mrsignerman44

I remember after the ps4 conference, amazon said on their facebook page that all ps4 prices as of now, are placeholders.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zella

As everyone else is saying those are just placeholders, it's much easier to refund people who order early rather than have to make them pay more later. I don't see games rising above $60, and if they do not for very long because lower sales will force them back down. $60 is already a lot compared to other media and I doubt people will stand for games being much higher, especially when some $15 downloadable games have just as much content as a full retail release. Prices should hopefully go down later down the road because since more and more people are buying games publishers can off set the loses from a lower price by having greater sales. Yes publishers could continue pricing at the same level but as the market grows the majority of new customers and semi-casual gamers(people who started out playing CoD and Gears) and they are less willing to pay a premium price than a die hard fan, thus pushing the new customers to black market deals(used games) and taking away any profits from the publisher.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By pr1mus

Just the usual placeholder prices and release dates. Nothing to see here.

unstoptheday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

GameStop did this before the WiiU came out. Games were listed at $99.99 and the system at $999.99. They have to have a price to be in the system to pre-order. Amazon is probably doing the same thing here.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm pretty sure it has been confirmed that all PS4 games will be $60 and not a cent over (for the normal edition at release, of course). Well not all, but you guys know what I mean.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#12 chaser324  Moderator

@pr1mus said:

Just the usual placeholder prices and release dates. Nothing to see here.

Yup. Locking this to avoid anyone having an unnecessary sticker-shock induced heart attack.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.