Any reason to get the Camera without the Move?

#1 Posted by sarahsdad (1075 posts) -

The subject line pretty much says it all. Does anyone know if there's any obvious reason to get the PS4 camera without also having a move controller?

#2 Posted by Clonedzero (4050 posts) -

If you wanna do any of that Skype stuff, or do that livestream thing where you put your picture of your face while you're playing in the corner.

Aside from the video call and streaming stuff i dont know of any reason to get one if you're not gonna get a Move.

#3 Posted by jsnyder82 (725 posts) -

I don't know. I don't know too much about this new camera. It might have features similar to Kinect, so maybe you won't need the move controller. But yeah, I wish I knew more about it.

#4 Edited by CitizenCoffeeCake (462 posts) -

If/when there's a new Little Big Planet game you can probably use it in the level creation.

#5 Posted by Damodar (1285 posts) -

Well the camera will be able to track the light bar on the new controller, so you'll probably be able to get some of that move functionality with just the new DualShock anyway

#6 Edited by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

You can probably come up with a few ways to use it, though your mileage may vary in working out how useful they are. I never bought into the Move, but I was interested in playing games like Echochrome 2 and the PS3 version of No More Heroes. I couldn't care less about video chat, and I already have a webcam on my PC that I never use. I'm not really that confident I'll do anything with the streaming features in the long run either.

So yeah, depends on your circumstances, but my only motivation for buying the camera would be if a game I wanted to play mandated it.

#7 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

I'm holding out on the camera until I see more features it can do that aren't generic and been done before.

#8 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -

The NSA will use it for you.

#9 Posted by StrainedEyes (1319 posts) -

The controllers have move style lights built in, so there will be some functions/games that use it.

#10 Posted by MrOldboy (868 posts) -

Have they even come out and given hard details on the camera? Its strange how little focus it got at E3.

#11 Edited by Sammo21 (3203 posts) -

I'm not worried about the camera stuff this year, honestly. I've already paid for Watchdogs, BF4, Killzone, and Knack on PS4. I'm not really concerned with motion gaming at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.