Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Brand new PS4, but having connection issues.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

So I now have a brand new ps4 that I'm loving so far, but I'm having some weird connection issues. First of all, yesterday on christmas I couldn't even connect to PSN for a over an hour.i assumed that this was due to christmas online traffic, but now I'm having some issues even viewing my profile and trophies. I'm getting connection time outs and it says the network is busy and stuff like that. I'm also noticing that navigating the store is a bit laggy .

Is there something wrong with my console or is this perfectly normal due christmas time traffic?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Did you run a network test and see what your up/down speed & NAT are? PSN issues should be worked out by now at least I know they are for most people. And as for the store being laggy ive got to ask did you have a PS3? Cause the store has always been a bit laggy and awful. Slightly less so on PS4.

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Basm321

@raven_sword: Relax. It is PSN.

I have had a ps4 since launch and just about 20minutes ago it booted me offline. Then I couldn't reconnect so I reset my ps4 and my internet. I am still getting te busy network message and I am unable to play online or view friends.

Edit: 45minutes after original post.

I can play online again. Hope it's working for y'all.

Edit: 2hours 35minutes after original post.

Roughly 45minutes ago I was once again booted off and unable to connect.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Marcsman

The PSN was a little off on Christmas. I had issues connecting and when I did it would not let join game lobbies saying I needed a subscription of Plus+.

Avatar image for presidentofjellybeans
    PresidentOfJellybeans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got mine today, and definitely having connection issues. Connection test says everything is fine, but if I try to access friends I lose connection to the server. Finally got trophies to work after multiple tries. Can download apps like Netflix or Amazon no prob. Tried the same things on my PS3 and they all worked fine. PS4's are hitting different servers maybe? Hope it clears up.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By kaos_cracker

Every now and then I just get booted out of PSN and then just get a message about them being under maintenance. But other than that it seems fine.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By happenstance

Yeah the PSN is struggling, as is Nintendo's online stuff and Steam so dont worry.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Okay, yeah just got home and tried to play assassin's creed online and yep no go. Ugh. It was working last night! How did they fuck it up again already?

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 21

Welcome to PSN: enjoy your stay

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Seems like every service has been having on and off issues. I wonder if its because of the holidays/sales/new machines coming online hitting everyone at the same time.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Holiday traffic is breaking all sorts of stuff. It had been working pretty good til Christmas.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just got my PS4 yesterday, it's been working fine for me though some downloads like the firmware update stopped a few times but they resumed relatively quickly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.