Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Call of Duty: Ghosts Install size not showing up as 49GB

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was wondering if anyone out there that has CoD: Ghosts had the install size only around 30GB-35GB. Mine is at 34GB. It says on the back of the box, along with all the buzz it got early on for it's huge install size, that it requires a minimum of 49GB. Do other people have this on their systems too? I don't have any DLC. I just have the game and whatever updates were released. The game runs reasonably well, but there is definitely some noticeable slowdown here and there during the campaign so far. I've read that this is actually the norm though, at least in terms of performance on the consoles. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had close to the same install size as me. These kind of things always bug me. Even though it's probably not an issue, if anybody could check their installs, I'd appreciate it.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It was probably just the space required to unpack and install the data. Like how PS3 games bought in the digital store tend to require double the actual size of the game to install. But if you are actually worried that you might be missing data, just verify the integrity of the cache through the game's Steam properties.

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderslash: This is on PS4. That's why I have it under the Playstation 4 forums. I guess I should have mentioned it in the post. Oh well, I'll just edit that in to reduce any confusion. Thanks anyways, though.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oops I wasn't paying attention. Oh well, it seems like the install size sounds about right for your copy however, according to this article.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 works the same way, it's to do with how computers (or game consoles) manage files.

Think of the download like a box of stuff. To move it, all that stuff is compressed into the smallest possible volume, with no air gaps. When you take the stuff out of the box, it takes up a little more space - and the box is still there until you recycle it.

If you have exactly 34GB free, and you try to install the game, it will fail because of this issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.