Cancelling your pre-order?

• 143 results
#51 Edited by Wuddel (2100 posts) -

Nope. New job. New toys incoming ....

#52 Edited by MelonMasher (43 posts) -

May cancel and put the $400 on the new iPad - I use the iPad 3 everyday so that's really where my gaming habits have gone to.

#53 Posted by Levio (1786 posts) -

Wait 6 months extra or don't, it won't matter much in the end. The decision between PS4 and X1 (or both) is probably a lot more important.

#54 Posted by Whitestripes09 (436 posts) -

While Watch Dogs looks cool, I feel like its... lacking something. Drive Club looks alright, but I rather have a next gen Gran Turismo and that new Need for Speed game looks pretty awesome. I can't really get excited for microsoft exclusives anymore so there's pretty much no point in me getting an X1. I'll just be enjoying AC4 until the next big exclusive comes out. I feel like I'm probably going to be playing the PS3 more than the PS4 until that happens though...

#55 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5985 posts) -

I briefly thought about it, but determined I'll still be okay with AC4, Batlefield 4 and Need 4 speed rivals. The most important driving factor for me though is that I've never been able to get in on a console launch and desperately want to. I have the funds saved up especially for this event, so I might as well do it regardless of Watch Dogs's delay. I know that launches are never that great and that I'll get one eventually, so I'm fine with keeping my preorder.

#56 Posted by LiquidPrince (16171 posts) -

Nope. There's still stuff I want to play at launch, and there will be plenty more coming early next year, long before any sort of price drop/hardware revision would happen. There is no advantage to me waiting on the PS4, only downsides.

This.

#57 Posted by Quemador (177 posts) -

@chaser324 : The phat ps3 plays ps1 and ps2 games plus 4 usb and sd ports.

@jimmyfenix: im not talking about taste im just saying sony goes all out on their first batch and then start to cut features on the latest models.

#58 Edited by l4wd0g (2016 posts) -

I've considered it. There really isn't anything on the system that I don't have or is really compelling to me in the launch line up. However, I'm going to keep it to see if i can sell it with a marked up price if Sony can't meet the demand... or maybe sell it to someone in Brazil for a $1000, which would be a steal for them.

#59 Posted by Quemador (177 posts) -

@l4wd0g: "Get out of my territory"

#60 Posted by l4wd0g (2016 posts) -

I took the liberty of fixing your list for games that are ONLY available on the PS4

I guess since 2 games were delayed, all we have to look forward to is:

1. Basement Crawl
  2. Killzone: Shadow Fall
  3. Knack
  4. Resogun (Free w/ Plus)
#61 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1857 posts) -

@l4wd0g said:

I took the liberty of fixing your list for games that are ONLY available on the PS4

@krakn3dfx said:

1. Basement Crawl
  3. Knack

There was no point in fixing it because they're still available on the Playstation 4. S/he was making a point saying there'll be plenty of stuff to play early in its life.

#62 Posted by laserguy (455 posts) -

i got fired so I have to cancel my order!!!!

#63 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2502 posts) -

@l4wd0g said:

@krakn3dfx said:

1. Basement Crawl
  3. Knack

If I had said they were only going to be on the PS4, but I didn't. Thanks tho.

#64 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1333 posts) -

I thought I was going to get a console specifically for Watch_Dogs, but after the push of it's release date I have had to cone to terms that I will probably still buy the console anyways. I haven't pre-ordered one though, cause I know I'll get one eventually and frankly it's likely I can walk into a store on launch day and find one anyways. I should also mention I'm buying the 'other' console , so maybe it's easier for that one? Hah, frankly cause I have a decade of experience with how that company runs their shit and I'll take tried and true over promises even if those promises are exactly the ones that are needed.

Iunno what games I want at launch, prolly AC4. Another big reason for my choice in console is the games, I've never been invested in any of the 'big' franchises on the playstation at all, and while the ones shown for the ps4 look pretty rad they just don't have that hold on me like they could have if I'd loved them earlier, also the few ones for the xbox one are actually ones that do interest me, specifically Below and I really dig how Remedy makes their games after Alan Wake so prolly whatever they do with their first new game Quantum Break and if they get around to Alan Wake later on I'm totally down for that. I also dig the way the hardware looks too, totally doesn't matter but I just think the look is more up my alley.

I think the only bummer is that I'll prolly be locked out of Naughty Dog once again, though I did get a ps3 to play Last of Us anyways. We'll see how that one turns out though it wouldn't be surprising if at least their first game is still exclusive. I'd love to see them pull a Bungie and split to start making even more money via making games for everything, I don't think any one company can pay you the same amount you'd make from having a great game on more platforms, their games are so rad.

#65 Posted by l4wd0g (2016 posts) -

@l4wd0g said:

@krakn3dfx said:

1. Basement Crawl
  3. Knack

There was no point in fixing it because they're still available on the Playstation 4. S/he was making a point saying there'll be plenty of stuff to play early in its life.

You're right. I guess my point is that the launch games, that are an experience I can only get (on either system) at launch is disappointing. If I can play/have played the majority of the launch games on the PS3/PC it really hurts the my , "I have to have the new console day one," at least for me.

#66 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1857 posts) -

@l4wd0g said:

@artelinarose said:

@l4wd0g said:

@krakn3dfx said:

1. Basement Crawl
  3. Knack

You're right. I guess my point is that the launch games, that are an experience I can only get (on either system) at launch is disappointing. If I can play/have played the majority of the launch games on the PS3/PC it really hurts the my , "I have to have the new console day one," at least for me.

I feel you. I'm excited because it just means new stuff, personally... I really want to hold a new controller. I've been using PS3 and 360 controllers since I was in junior high school and I'm twenty two years old now. That's ridiculous.

#67 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (3906 posts) -

@subject2change:

From day one, I'm going to be able to play Resogun, Contrast, Warframe, Blacklight Retribution, PlanetSide 2, DC Universe Online, and WarThunder.

And that's before I buy a single game. So no, I think I'll be fine buying at launch. There will be plenty to play while I wait for showstoppers like Destiny and The Division. If I get really restless, there's always Battlefield / Call of Duty, either of which could keep me busy for months.

And buying a console at launch was only stupid with the 360, and no one knew it at the time. I still have my launch PS2, Wii, Gamecube, N64, Dreamcast, etc. On another note, the launch PS3 is actually coveted by some gamers, as it still has backwards compatibility.

So, no. I'm not going to be canceling. And while I'd rather have a copy of Drive Club as a showcase title, Contrast actually looks like a game that I would enjoy more anyhow. I'm not too big on driving sims. It's still a shame that it won't be there on day one, though. :(

#68 Edited by Devil240Z (3430 posts) -

being one of the biggest sony fanboys on this website I still haven't pre ordered. MY NAME WAS BLUE MOTHER FUCKERS.

#69 Posted by WesleyWyndam (163 posts) -

I canceled mine last week. I'll pick one up when Infamous comes out.

#70 Posted by Jimbo (9988 posts) -

No pre-orders because launch games are lol.

#71 Edited by Jaytow (705 posts) -

I'm not getting the playstation 4 until next year, I'll spend this year getting a bunch of really cheap PS3 games.

#72 Posted by isomeri (1415 posts) -

At this point I probably won't act on my preorder unless Killzone and/or Knack turn out to be great games. I'll have plenty of games to play on the Xbox One and all my old consoles and Steam.

#73 Posted by SomeJerk (3389 posts) -

If I cared about back libraries or whatev they call it, Bob would be my uncle and I'd get a PS4 like 2015, 2016 due to Dark Souls 2.

NO JOKE.

:(

#74 Posted by Verendus (348 posts) -

My first conclusion was getting PS4 day one was for Battlefield 4. And it still is.

The "But you can play it on current gen" argument isn't that great, look at amount of times X360/PS3 froze when playing the beta. Everytime it did, I said "Well, can't wait for next-gen" to myself.

#75 Posted by Chaser324 (6744 posts) -

@quemador said:

@chaser324 : The phat ps3 plays ps1 and ps2 games plus 4 usb and sd ports.

@jimmyfenix: im not talking about taste im just saying sony goes all out on their first batch and then start to cut features on the latest models.

I feel like the backwards compatibility in the early PS3 models is really the only example of that though. Everyone with a PS1 that only works upside down or a PS2 with a disc drive that can't read a disc would probably disagree about early models of Sony consoles being universally better than the models that ship later.

#76 Posted by falpatrick (174 posts) -

Cancelled mine and bought a better PC. I'll get one when there's a reason for it.

#77 Posted by Palmlykta (228 posts) -

I'm a preorderer, I'll eventually put it to good use I'm sure, so why not. My launch PS3 is still going strong.

I don't know the situation with the PSN store but it would be nice if I could download some retro/indie games to the PS4 and play them with the new controller, which I think is miles better than the current Dual Shock.

I agree that the launch game lineup is really dissapointing though, won't be getting any of those. :( Well maybe Knack if the reviews come in good.

#78 Edited by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

No DRIVECLUB. /insert sad face

#79 Posted by MachoFantastico (4889 posts) -

Seriously considering cancelling my preorder. For me it was either buy a PS4 or upgrade my PC with the cash I'd saved up and to be honest, the PC upgrade is sounding more and more appealing. I'd considered Battlefield 4 on PS4 because my current GPU sucks, but with the new graphics card I'm looking at I'd run BF4 no problem, and with Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag also coming out on PC the appeal of the next gen consoles as lessened of late.

Right now it's only FIFA 14 that's appealing, and even that as been getting mixed opinions. Might as well stick with FIFA 13.

#80 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1857 posts) -

@machofantastico said:

Seriously considering cancelling my preorder. For me it was either buy a PS4 or upgrade my PC with the cash I'd saved up and to be honest, the PC upgrade is sounding more and more appealing. I'd considered Battlefield 4 on PS4 because my current GPU sucks, but with the new graphics card I'm looking at I'd run BF4 no problem, and with Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag also coming out on PC the appeal of the next gen consoles as lessened of late.

Right now it's only FIFA 14 that's appealing, and even that as been getting mixed opinions. Might as well stick with FIFA 13.

depends on what you need to upgrade i guess

If it's just the GPU then yeah slap a 780 in that sucker or something

If you have to replace everything, may as well just buy a PS4

#81 Posted by Lashe (1266 posts) -

No intention to cancel, but I'll still leave my ps3 hooked up for some exclusives / PS+ games I've accumulated over time.

#82 Edited by FLStyle (4918 posts) -

I cancelled my pre-order, going to buy one in March instead.

#83 Edited by MonkeyKing1969 (3028 posts) -

Every console purchase is some amount of "I want to see it now", "I want to play something now" and "I will want to play stuff" in differing ratios depending on teh person. If people want to cancel pre-orders that's fine...more for everyone else. I have almost never been entirely swayed by a launch line-up, except for Dreamcast - SoulCalibur, PowerStone, and NFL 2K. But, even with Dreamcast the games that came later really were the reason why it is well remembered today.

Buy now, wait, or never buy...whatever....you choice.

Sorry, but all this buzzing around delayed games is pointless and the weird panic some people have is just sadly humorous. Guess what? PS4 and XBox One will launch and [gasp] someone at one of those companies will leave - Dun-Dun-Dunnnn! Then games you sort of knew were 3rd party and not exclusive will be announced for the other system - Dun-Dun-Dunnnn! Then games you have not heard about yet will show up....but suck...or be good...or there will be mixed opinions - Dun-Dun-Dunnnn!

Could some of you damaged people please take your fingers off the suicide switch? Maybe, get a sandwich when announcements happen. Purhaps, when an announcements happens, think about what you might think for a few hours instead of coming here to tell/ask if the sky is falling? Thanks!

#84 Posted by subyman (668 posts) -

I thought about canceling when driveclub was delayed, but I decided against it. I'm not strapped for cash and, to me, this money has already been spent. I'd rather go ahead and get it and start the transition to using the PS4 for streaming/netflix instead of the PS3 plus check out some of the cool indie games. I may pick up Knack depending on the reviews.

#85 Edited by skelington_ (292 posts) -

Yes, I cancelled mine a handful of weeks ago, once it became apparent that the launch line-up wasn't anything to get overly excited about. It's pretty great knowing I've essentially clawed back £349 before christmas.

I'm going to be playing GTA for a long time to come, and Dark Souls II is just around the corner, so for a gamer who doesn't play that many games, but sinks an awful lot of time into the ones he does buy, I'm set for now.

#86 Posted by Humanity (10065 posts) -

I was going to, but I'm getting a discount from a friend working retail.

If they were launching the XBO in my area this year I'd buy it instead.

#87 Edited by DonPixel (2627 posts) -

Naa not buying next gen consoles, I'm happy with my PC, everything I care of is coming out on PC too, so..

why bother?

#88 Posted by BRich (440 posts) -

1. Basement Crawl
  2. Counterspy
  3. Doki Doki Universe (Free-to-Play)
  4. Escape Plan (Cross-Buy)
  5. flOw (Cross-Buy)
  6. Flower (Cross-Buy)
  7. Killzone: Shadow Fall
  8. Knack
  9. Resogun (Free w/ Plus)
  10. Sound Shapes (Cross-Buy)
  11. Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag
  12. Battlefield 4
  13. Blacklight: Retribution (Free-to-Play)
  14. Call of Duty: Ghosts
  15. Contrast (Free w/ Plus)
  16. DC Universe Online (Free-to-Play)
  17. DiveKick
  18. FIFA 14
  19. Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
  20. Just Dance 2014
  21. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
  22. Madden NFL 25
  23. Minecraft
  24. N++
  25. NBA 2K14
  26. NBA Live 14
  27. Need for Speed Rivals
  28. Pinball Arcade
  29. PlanetSide 2 (Free-to-Play)
  30. Pool Nation Extreme
  31. Skylanders Swap Force
  32. Super Motherload
  33. Tiny Brains
  34. War Thunder: Ground Forces (Free-to-Play)
  35. Warframe (Free-to-Play)

I didn't pre-order in the first place due to this completely underwhelming list.

#89 Posted by Hunter5024 (5963 posts) -

Since the Watch Dogs delay I don't really have any idea what I'm going to play on the thing. Originally I figured I'd just get the new Assassins Creed instead, but now there's some deal where if you buy the video card I'm planning on buying, you get a free copy of AC4. So that only leaves Knack, which previews have not been very kind to. There might be some cool downloadable stuff but I don't know that I can rely on that. So I've been thinking about waiting to buy the ps4 so I can finish building my PC a month early. The question then becomes how the stock situation goes, because if The Witness, Infamous, or Transistor came out and I had no method of playing them, I would be really annoyed. So maybe it would be better to buy it early just to be safe. I probably will not make up my mind until November 14th.

#90 Posted by Addfwyn (1947 posts) -

It won't be out here for several more months, so I gotta wait anyway.

Though if I could have got one early, I would happily resell it here (Japan) for like double the price.

#91 Edited by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

@krakn3dfx said:

1. Basement Crawl
  2. Counterspy
  3. Doki Doki Universe (Free-to-Play)
  4. Escape Plan (Cross-Buy)
  5. flOw (Cross-Buy)
  6. Flower (Cross-Buy)
  7. Killzone: Shadow Fall
  8. Knack
  9. Resogun (Free w/ Plus)
  10. Sound Shapes (Cross-Buy)
  11. Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag
  12. Battlefield 4
  13. Blacklight: Retribution (Free-to-Play)
  14. Call of Duty: Ghosts
  15. Contrast (Free w/ Plus)
  16. DC Universe Online (Free-to-Play)
  17. DiveKick
  18. FIFA 14
  19. Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
  20. Just Dance 2014
  21. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
  22. Madden NFL 25
  23. Minecraft
  24. N++
  25. NBA 2K14
  26. NBA Live 14
  27. Need for Speed Rivals
  28. Pinball Arcade
  29. PlanetSide 2 (Free-to-Play)
  30. Pool Nation Extreme
  31. Skylanders Swap Force
  32. Super Motherload
  33. Tiny Brains
  34. War Thunder: Ground Forces (Free-to-Play)
  35. Warframe (Free-to-Play)

Personally I play games solo 99% of the time, so anything FTP is really not for me. On that list, Need For Speed Rivals is the only thing I'd probably pay full price to play (as I love the Hot Pursuit franchise even on PS1). Knack I feel is going to be a lost title, that no one really remembers 5 years down the line. Killzone I'd wait for reviews and possibly spend a little time with online. Other than that, to me personally nothing is worth the $400 investment.

I still need to play GTA5, and I can play AC4 on my PS3. To me right now, it just means do I spend the 400 now or wait til there is a library of exclusives I want to play and play immediately.

@jayeh If I was going to play BF4 it would be on PC, so as a gamer who splits his time across many platforms I suppose in my case it makes sense to wait, I'd rather put 400-500 into a new computer than a new console right now.

@jayjonesjunior Multi-platform gamer myself, kinda the reason why I am thinking this way now, PC is mostly my Shooter and RPG go to system, Console for platformers, openworld and sports (just NHL games) and my Vita is for Indie games and PSP/PS1 Backlog or Nostalgia. Waiting on the PS4 makes sense, as I can clear out some of my PS3 backlog and collection as I wait for a few releases that speak to me.

#92 Edited by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

@mikey87144 said:

@subject2change: I wouldn't play BF4 on current consoles.

I'm considering it but ultimately no. The fact remains I will want one for inFamous and Destiny and at least plus all those indie games. The price isn't going to drop until early 2015 so as I have the money why not get it now and just know I have it for the games I want.

BF4 was an example. I have no intentions of playing any shooter on any console in the near future (yes I am still a firm believe that mouse and keyboard just makes more sense). IF for some crazy reason I could M/KB on my PS4, they'd have me in a second.

@jgf I guess my examples were poor, I personally do not play shooters on console. If I was to purchase BF4 it would be on PC. However I have come to realization as someone who is a multiplatform gamer (PC, PS3, Vita) I need a handful of titles that will be appealing to me before I make a purchase. I was going to get the PS4 with Watch Dogs and AC4 to mostly be my reasoning behind getting it now rather than waiting. Personally that list of 36 games to look forward to almost none appeal to me (on a console) besides maybe Need For Speed as I am a huge fan of the original and reboot of the Hot Pursuit variation. I have yet to cancel my order, but expect to do so in a day or two. Simply put the 400 bucks would be better in my bank account rather than as a new netflix box. I would of been more open to the PS4 if it was fully backwards compatible as there is plenty on the PS3 that I have yet to play due to lack of free time.

#93 Posted by morrelloman (609 posts) -

Not gonna cancel cuz it cost me $0. I just traded stuff to pay it off.

#94 Posted by Yadilie (379 posts) -

Canceled a couple of days ago. Sat down and realized the amount of PS3 games I still have. The amount of Vita games coming out and the amount of PS3 games that I still need to buy. I'll just wait for the inevitable Destiny bundle.

#95 Edited by HermanBloom (94 posts) -

Give your op and responses, I'm not entirely sure why your pre-ordered in the first place. I mean 400 bucks to play two launch titles seems excessive, especially if one of them is AC4. You win as you get to do PC stuff which it sounds like you much prefer anyway, and someone else wins as I'm sure your pre-order will be snapped up quickly.

#96 Edited by NoelVeiga (1115 posts) -

I don't get this whole "preorder cancelling" nonsense. I don't get it in Patrick and I don't get it elsewhere. I mean, even with no games, the new consoles are sexy enough as they are that I want them at launch, and being able to play launch games on PS3 or even PC isn't the point. I want to see what AC4 looks like on these things. I want to see what NBA 2K is on these things. NFS Rivals alone looks worth oogling for a while.

It's been a few times already, most notably on the Vita and Wii U, when people have mistaken "no games" for "no exclusives", and man, we need to get over that crap, fast. Exclusives are rare and getting rarer, and launch exclusives these days aren't like SNES exclusives. You upgrade to a PS4 for the same reason you upgrade your iPad: because it's cool and because the games and apps that are backwards compatible work better on the new one.

Come to think of it, that's also why you upgrade a PC. I don't see why consoles have so much more to prove than all those other devices. They're already not allowed to be as expensive as a tablet or a top-end GPU and now we're charging them with also needing to have a genre-defining first party exclusive at launch. Why the ridiculous expectations that we don't apply elsewhere?

#97 Edited by BradBrains (1171 posts) -

i did. but thats mostly because im getting laid off from my work. the delay of watch dogs did make it a bit easier. ill get one next year im sure

#98 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

I don't get this whole "preorder cancelling" nonsense. I don't get it in Patrick and I don't get it elsewhere. I mean, even with no games, the new consoles are sexy enough as they are that I want them at launch, and being able to play launch games on PS3 or even PC isn't the point. I want to see what AC4 looks like on these things. I want to see what NBA 2K is on these things. NFS Rivals alone looks worth oogling for a while.

It's been a few times already, most notably on the Vita and Wii U, when people have mistaken "no games" for "no exclusives", and man, we need to get over that crap, fast. Exclusives are rare and getting rarer, and launch exclusives these days aren't like SNES exclusives. You upgrade to a PS4 for the same reason you upgrade your iPad: because it's cool and because the games and apps that are backwards compatible work better on the new one.

Come to think of it, that's also why you upgrade a PC. I don't see why consoles have so much more to prove than all those other devices. They're already not allowed to be as expensive as a tablet or a top-end GPU and now we're charging them with also needing to have a genre-defining first party exclusive at launch. Why the ridiculous expectations that we don't apply elsewhere?

I would of kept my PS4 Pre-order if your statement was at least true. The PS4 can play PS4 games, and will eventually be able to play older titles via Galaki but that's a streaming service and a year away. However I don't upgrade electronics that frequently, it's a waste of money. My PC was built in 08 and has been upgraded a few times. I don't own a tablet and my Vita gets the majority of my gaming time.

I preordered my PS4 initially knowing I was going to sit on the console for a bit and wait for new games, however I realized I'd rather just buy the thing when a bunch of games come out for it, which will probably be late Feb or March. I'd rather buy another PS3 now so I can move my old Fat one to my Office and have a quieter and smaller one in my living room for Netflix and downloaded games.

#99 Posted by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

I wish someone I would know would cancel so that I could preorder myself a PS4.

#100 Posted by squiDc00kiE (367 posts) -

No I'm not. The fun of going to the midnight is enough for me. Plus I know I'm gonna get one eventually so why not earlier than later?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.