Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Destructoid: DS4 works with Windows PC for 'basic functions'

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

The DualShock 4 will be compatible with Windows PC, according to Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida. The executive confirmed the PlayStation 4 controller will be able to perform "basic functions" on computers and the "analog sticks and buttons will work just fine."

It's presently unknown whether the gamepad will be recognized specifically as a DualShock 4 or will feature

XInput API

, which allows third party devices to register as Xbox 360 controllers. When pressed for clarity, Yoshida said to wait for until after the console's November launch for a field report on the matter.

Destructoid: DualShock 4 works with Windows PC for 'basic funcitons'

So, will the touchpad be recognized as well? And what about the Share button? Lightbar?

EDIT: Dat Destructoid spelling.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I doubt the touchpad, share button or lightbar would work without a third party mod or something when connected to a PC.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Fits with what someone told Jeff on his tumblr. Since they make money selling peripherals I suspect both will have official drivers. MS could even sell a wireless dongle like they did for 360.

Anonymous asked:

Regarding PC support with nextgen controllers. I have both on my desk right now and I just tried them on my PC. The XB1 pad doesn't work at all. The PS4 is recognized as a plain wired controller so basic axis and button support but no rumble,sisaxis or touchpad. I'm sure that both companies will release the PC drivers to the public at some point but it's not as simple and "out of the box" as you said on the podcast.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.