Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Do all games install really fast?

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was installing battlefield 4 and it had gotten about half way, I decided to look at the Playstation store but it wouldn't load because psn is having issues and by the time it took me to button out of the store the game was done installing. I'm sure when I watched the ps4 live stream it took battlefield a while to fully install?

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There were comparisons on Neogaf that I saw and every PS4 install was under a minute, most around 30 seconds or so but the Xbox One's installs were much longer

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It took me a really really long time to completely download Battlefield 4, had to basically keep it running all night so I don't know. NBA 2k14 installed in about the time it took me to play one NBA game but that was from the disc but is also a 50 Gig download.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I don't think they install fast. BF4 took a long time for me as while you can play the campaign, the rest of the game has to install still.

Pixel_Fist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CoD Ghosts took about 40 secs from disc.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By phantomzxro

I would guess it depends on the game and how they split up the installs.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You only installed enough of the game as was needed to make it playable. There was still more to install, leaving certain aspects of the game inaccessible. For example, I believe Battlefield automatically downloads and installs the multiplayer portion of the game first, which means you probably could not play the campaign the first time you booted up the game. The game then continues downloading/installing as you play it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.