Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Does my controller not hold a charge or am I not something?

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Ever since I have had my PS4 I've had my controller connected to the console via the cable. If I unplug it the controller will immediately turn off and won't turn on again until I put the cable in again. I also can't turn on my console via the controller and need to press the power button on the PS4 itself.

I have looked in the settings and it says it recognises the controller via Bluetooth, but I'm not sure what else to do. Am I just a dumb idiot and I don't know what to do? I don't understand. New controllers here are $100, and I don't really want to buy another one as playing with it connected isn't that big of a deal, but it would be way more better without it.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@tajasaurus: So it has never worked right since you bought it? It may just be a defective controller. I've seen the controllers usually work reasonably well when disconnected from a cord.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@tajasaurus: While the DS4 does have shitty battery life if you can't even use it without the cord at all I'm going to say you've got a defective internal battery. So I mean, at this point ball is in your court. If you can live with using a cord plugged in then I guess do that but I do think the thing is broken because mine will last a good 9 or so hours on a single charge.

heis24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Don't be so hard on yourself. You are something. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.