Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Does the PS4 have horrible DRM?

rihanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I could be wrong, but I am often locked out from my digital games. Restarting the system usually fixes the issue. But, PSN is down at the moment. There is no way to play the digital games I purchased (not PS+ games) since the PS4 can't verify the license.

My PS4 is set as the primary account. I've read about others having the same issue. There doesn't seem to be a permanent fix.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try this

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/settings/license.html

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@rihanna: I have only digital games and I've not had any issues launching games when offline.

rihanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmyfenix: Tried that. Thanks anyway.

The mods moved this thread out of general discussion. Looks like nobody will see it now. Guess I will try for help at another forum.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@rihanna: All I can say is that I've had no problem playing my games when not connected, and that you should contact Sony customer support, because it shouldn't be happening. Sorry I can't offer any help.

rihanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metalbaofu: Thanks. Once PSN is back up, I am going to try to figure this out. I have restored licenses and made the account my primary one a few times. I will try again.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rihanna said:

The mods moved this thread out of general discussion. Looks like nobody will see it now. Guess I will try for help at another forum.

Most of us usually click into recent topics, as opposed to an individual forum. I didn't have to go to the PS4 forum to find your topic...

Regardless, I'd agree with the above and say contact customer support, because I also haven't had this issue and am 100% digital.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I've had this problem a couple of times, it always happened when I purchased content from the PSN Store on browsers. Simply restarting my console didn't fix the issue for me either.

What I read from another site that worked for me was going to Settings > PSN > Sign Out (not Restore Licenses) and then sign back in.

Gave it a few seconds, and the little lock that was preventing me from playing my games disappeared and I could start playing them. I hope that works for you.

rihanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smtdante89: I think I figured out the problem. When downloading the FFXIV demo, I used a different account on my PS4. I think I set the new account as the primary account. Once PSN is back, I will try to switch the primary account back. Even though I chose "set as primary account", it seems to do nothing until you deactivate the other account.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@rihanna said:

The volume of new topics on Giant Bomb is low enough that even the recent posts view has stale topics. Almost every user will see your topics no matter what forum it's in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.