Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Dropped controller in water, still works

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
    deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I dropped the left side of my PS4 controller in water and immediately pulled it out. I drained all the water out I could by shaking it. My brother accidentally turned it on and it stopped working. After sleeping I tried it again and now it works so maybe it dried more. I don't have rice and I can't get the back panel off. Is it safe to continue using it or should I just buy a new one?

To be clear I guess the question is will it eventually break or not?

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I dropped the left side of my PS4 controller in water and immediately pulled it out. I drained all the water out I could by shaking it. My brother accidentally turned it on and it stopped working. After sleeping I tried it again and now it works so maybe it dried more. I don't have rice and I can't get the back panel off. Is it safe to continue using it or should I just buy a new one?

I would just say keep using it until it dies then go buy a new one?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.