Dualshock 4 works on 360.

#1 Posted by jimmyfenix (3859 posts) -

A YouTube user has posted a video claiming that the DualShock 4 controller works with Xbox 360 consoles.

RageBeefSA posted the video, which you can see below, which he claims he managed to do thanks to some technical jiggery-pokery.

He reveals that he managed to make it work using "a combination of JoyToKey, a Cronus Device, and Cronus Bullseye software."

We already heard last week that the DualShock 4 would work with the PlayStation 3,PCs and Macs, so this isn't hugely surprising. Despite this, it's pretty interesting to think what impact this could have; will it also be possible to use the controller with Xbox One?

With both consoles schedule to release in under a month, we're sure it won't be too long before we find out.

Source

Microsoft will probably patch something to remove capability but what are the chances of DS4 working on Xbox one ? Maybe a WII U?

#2 Edited by Aegon (5818 posts) -

If it worked with a Wii U that would be cool.

#3 Posted by Verendus (348 posts) -

I have to say getting one is becoming more and more tempting, I need a spare controller for real life friends and girlfriend anyway.

#4 Posted by Pie (7110 posts) -

"a combination of JoyToKey, a Cronus Device, and Cronus Bullseye software."

nope

#5 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1681 posts) -

Well good thing they went on sale near me today.

#6 Posted by laserguy (455 posts) -

Look I'm not spending Sixty dollars for a controller so I can tear it apart and use it on a last gen. system. I tore Two PS3 controller's apart and couldnt put them back together, I ended up throwing them away.

#7 Edited by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

I find it interesting how it works with the 360, I wonder if it will work with the Xbox One as well.

#8 Posted by TheHT (11765 posts) -

#9 Edited by Capum15 (4986 posts) -
@pie said:

"a combination of JoyToKey, a Cronus Device, and Cronus Bullseye software."

nope

This.

#10 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

It doesn't work. It works with a stupid hack nobody will ever want to use.

That instantly makes it less funny and interesting, unfortunately.

#11 Posted by Snail (8659 posts) -

With the Wii U? Highly doubt it, since Nintendo's controller scheme seems to be super proprietary. Then again, that new Pro controller doesn't need to be attached to a Wiimote to work does it? Hmm.

#12 Posted by LiquidPrince (16155 posts) -

I doubt they would patch it out. They probably don't care.

#13 Edited by DuckHunter (74 posts) -
@snail said:

With the Wii U? Highly doubt it, since Nintendo's controller scheme seems to be super proprietary. Then again, that new Pro controller doesn't need to be attached to a Wiimote to work does it? Hmm.

Both the Wii and Wii U use bluetooth to connect controllers. Thats why it's pretty easy to connect wiimotes or the pro controller to a pc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.