European Launch Freebies?

#1 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Does anybody know if anything has been said about the freebies for Europe? Google just shows results about the US launch which is getting annoying.

I'm hoping for a free PS+ trial and possibly PS Store credit. I don't really feel like ponying up money for PS+ unless I know for sure I'm gonna keep playing Rivals and Shadow Fall for a while.

and I also hope remote play doesn't require your Vita to be linked to the same PSN account because mine is attached to a Japanese one for Persona 4...

#2 Edited by peritus (1025 posts) -
#3 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@peritus: I'm gonna guess we're going to get the same deal, would be pretty sweet. I assume PS+ as a free trial is a guarantee because it is a system launch and they'll want to entice people. Only makes sense.

Apparently PS4 games come with trials too (well, some of them) so maybe one of mine will have one.

#4 Edited by TurboMan (7559 posts) -

@sooty said:

Apparently PS4 games come with trials too (well, some of them) so maybe one of mine will have one.

There's no game trials at launch.

EDIT: My guess is the same PS+ stuff (Resogun and Contrast) and the same Cross-Buy stuff being available. I would be surprised if it doesn't come with the same $10 credit and PS+ Trial.

#5 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@turboman said:

@sooty said:

There's no game trials at launch.

http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/11/free-playstation-plus-trials-select-ps4-games/

I meant PS+ trials.

#6 Posted by Optix12 (619 posts) -

Might not be quite a freebie but in the UK playstation store in playstation plus theres a tab for 14 days free. Why it might not be a freebie is it states you cant have PS+ or previously be a member to redeem it so only brand new customers.

#7 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@optix12 said:

Might not be quite a freebie but in the UK playstation store in playstation plus theres a tab for 14 days free. Why it might not be a freebie is it states you cant have PS+ or previously be a member to redeem it so only brand new customers.

Oh no. I had a 3 month membership until recently. I might just make a new account because I sort of want a new ID.

I am just being a huge cheapskate really though.

#8 Edited by peritus (1025 posts) -

@sooty: Keep in mind that you will lose all youre previous ps+ games if you do. Not to mention any purchases you made on that account.

#9 Edited by riddles (39 posts) -

@sooty said:

y doesn't require your Vita to be linked to the same PSN account because mine is attached to a Japanese one for Persona 4...

it doesnt - the ps4 just comes up with a code that you have to put in the vita to give it permission to connect (or vice-versa maybe)

#10 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@peritus said:

@sooty: Keep in mind that you will lose all youre previous ps+ games if you do. Not to mention any purchases you made on that account.

That's okay, I'm getting rid of my PS3 (but I will re-buy one just for Persona 5 someday) so I'm not losing anything really, as my purchased games won't work on the PS4 anyway. I'll just keep the login in formation safe in case I need to go back to it.

@riddles said:

@sooty said:

y doesn't require your Vita to be linked to the same PSN account because mine is attached to a Japanese one for Persona 4...

it doesnt - the ps4 just comes up with a code that you have to put in the vita to give it permission to connect (or vice-versa maybe)

That's great. Vita account switching is so annoying, when I finish Persona 4 I'll switch it to my main PSN account again.

#11 Edited by riddles (39 posts) -

Ok pretty sure I was totally misinformed on the remote play thing, so I wanted to apologise. Tried it myself today, and it errored unless I was logged in to the same account on vita and ps4

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.