Final Fantasy XIV not on gamefly

#1 Edited by Blazkowicz64 (2 posts) -

so i just saw this was for ps4 but i cant find it anywhere to rent on game fly yet , i know they also have some games on game fly with no official release date so what gives?

#2 Posted by Xolare (1281 posts) -

Gamefly is still a thing?

#3 Posted by Doskias (305 posts) -

FFXIV requires a subscription, right? I wonder if maybe Gamefly won't rent out subscription-based MMOs. Did they ever rent any of the console versions of XI?

#4 Edited by Blazkowicz64 (2 posts) -

could actually be why i notice u cant rent out elder scrolls online either even tho i dont understand why not since it does have an offline mode even tho the beta was a major disappointment. also could be bethesda is a greedy company and i know when i rent through gamefly i get a nice discount and they probably didnt want that

#5 Edited by Bane122 (786 posts) -

@blazkowicz64: Or it could be the fact that mmos are registered to the console they are first used on. After that the disc is useless and a new registration key would be needed.

#6 Posted by cloudymusic (1105 posts) -

FFXIV (and pretty much every MMO that requires you to purchase the game up-front) uses a registration key that comes with each new purchase of the game in order to create your account. Therefore, renting the game or buying a used copy will do you no good, and will cause you to end up with a useless disc that you can't do anything with.

Also, the PS4 version isn't out until April. (The PS4 beta starts next week, though.)

#7 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

Hahaha, seriously TC? Come on, spend that gerbil wheel of a thinker and think about it...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.