Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Find that special someone (PSN IDs)

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Castiel

No this is not about dating or some spambot telling you how to make 7000 $ a month from the comfort of your own home. Unfortunately not because that last thing would be pretty rad.

This thread is actually about Giant Bomb and video games. To be more specific it's about multiplayer games and the Giant Bomb community. I know that there is already a thread called "Let's be friends" where GB duders can share their PSN ID but I'm not specifically interested in sharing my PSN ID with hundreds of random strangers. Even though I know that you already are a GB member, so you probably can't be 100% a dick (Right? Actually I guess you could be a dick but at least you're a dick that likes GB so that's one redeeming feature), I created this specific thread to help people find like minded people. And by like minded people I mean people that share the same kind of taste in games as you do.

I love playing video games but unfortunately I'm also a very introverted person so I don't have a lot of friends and I certainly don't have a lot of friends that play video games. But I would like to change that. Especially as more and more video games incorporate multiplayer features into singleplayer games. Everything seems to have some kind of multiplayer component today and that's cool if you have someone to compete with. But I don't. Heck even Shadow of Mordor, a story-driven single player game, has light multiplayer components. Every racing game today has multiplayer components. You are always competing against other players' times when driving. That's just a natural progression of games being always online. But it would be a lot more fun if the person I compete against was not a totally random internet person but actually someone I somewhat knew. Life is Strange is another single player game that has friends stats by the end of each episode. That's cool if I actually had some friends to compare with.

So I don't want you to share personal details about yourself, unless you want to, I just want you to write few lines about some of your favorite games and what type of games you tend to like. Do you really like FPS games or Racing games? That kind of thing. It makes it easier to find people that have the same kind of tastes in games that way.

Also maybe put you PSN ID in a spoiler box. That way people can quickly skim through your answers and if they like what they read they can just see what your PSN ID is. I know it might be kind of silly to put it in a spoiler box, you also don't have to if you don't want to, but by doing that you actually have to make an active decision regarding if this is someone you would actually like to share your PSN ID with. When sending a friend invitation on PSN it would probably also be a good idea to write that you are from GB and you saw their post in this thread. Maybe also write your GB name. Actually now that I think about this totally sounds like dating, but without all the potentially weird awkwardness and stuff... Does any of this even make sense?

Anyways I will of course start out so people can get an idea of what I'm talking about.

TLDR: This thread is about finding PSN friends that has the same taste in games as you. So you write a few lines about some of your favorite games and maybe what genre of games you tend to like the most. You don't have to be specifically into competitive multiplayer games, I'm not to be honest, but seing as more and more games have multiplayer elements in them it would be more fun to have someone to compete or share stats with. Someone that isn't a totally random internet person.

I will of course start to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2  Edited By Castiel

Some of my favorite games: Metal Gear Solid, Tekken 3, Resident Evil 3, Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005. Razor Callahan, need I say more?), Bully (Canis Canem Edit in Europe), Guitar Hero 1-3 + Rock band, Uncharted 2, Batman: Arhkam Asylum, TLOU, Journey, Limbo, Valkyria Chronicles, Burnout Paradise.

Favorite genre/genres: I tend to really like story driven action/adventure games (TLOU, Tomb Raider, Uncharted etc). In general I just like story driven games like for example Life is Strange. I also can't wait to play Broken Age when it's released for PS4. I do enjoy the occasional racing though. So it's not all about story for me.

PSN ID: Cue-Brick

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Vahleticar

Oh I thought you were the one for me but I don't like any of those games. I think this thread is useful good on you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.