Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

First game with a PS4?

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Poll First game with a PS4? (82 votes)

Arkham Knight 18%
    The Witcher 3 82%

So to accompany a shiny new PS4 and various plus games that I have waiting to download (oh, hello, Rocket League), which of the two would you recommend to begin with? Eventually I'll get both, but just wondered which rated higher in your opinion(s)? The most important factor is a strong narrative, though I'm not expecting miracles. Thanks!

• 
    nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Rocket League!

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Tom_omb

Even if you 100% Batman it's a quicker play. Both are worth playing, but I'd say get Arkham Knight finished with first.

The Witcher was a slow burn for me. Started playing it before Batman, needed a break, then finished it after I played Batman.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By liquiddragon

I got some bday money today and I was thinking about the same thing but I would go for few different games before Batman including Witcher. What about Bloodborne?

Still, on amazon looks like you can get a ps4 w. batman for $400 so that's pretty good?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

I got some bday money today and I was thinking about the same thing but I would go for few different games before Batman including Witcher. What about Bloodborne?

Still, on amazon looks like you can get a ps4 w. batman for $400 so that's pretty good?

Witcher 3 is arguably the best game on the console.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The fact that you you're seeking "strong narrative," solidifies The Witcher 3 even more. Don't forget about ROCKET LEAGUE!

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you haven't played Bloodborne you should definitely give it a look. It plays like nothing else and I thought it was far superior to Witcher 3.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

bloodborne should be in the poll

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Depends on if you've played the previous games prior.

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry if I wasn't clear guys, I'm all clued up as to which games are good (Bloodborne et al.), it's just that I want to play the two listed more than other stuff. Haven't played more than a couple of hours of The Witcher 2, though I know everything that I need to for the story, and have played the previous Arkham games (with the exception of Origins).

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Bloodborne is the best game on PS4. Just play that.

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodborne is the best game on PS4. Just play that.

I don't enjoy those games, sadly. They fascinate me, and I always watch EpicNameBro's videos on them, but find them too stressful and Bloodborne especially didn't strike a chord visually, something about it feels constrained/restricted....small?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.