Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Gamescom Exclusives

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
    deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Is it just me or does it seem like Sony is locking down a lot more exclusives than they used to? They've got a lot of interesting games coming up. I don't have either current-gen console so this is really pushing me toward PS4. Until Dawn, Wild, Alienation, The Order: 1886, P.T. (not sure if it's exclusive), and others.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Rime looks amazing too. Wild is PS4 exclusive? That thing looks massive and completely compelling.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

They've got a whole bunch of first party studios that haven't put anything out on the PS4 yet, so they sure as hell better have a fair amount of exclusives coming in the next year or so.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sony has always had better exclusives, IMO. It's all a matter of preference.

rangers517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There was also Hellblade and The Tomorrow Children off the top of my head. And Bloodborne looks incredible. Pretty good showing.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

P.T. is exclusive, Silent Hills might be.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

They've got a whole bunch of first party studios that haven't put anything out on the PS4 yet, so they sure as hell better have a fair amount of exclusives coming in the next year or so.

Are there any first party studios left that have not announced what they're working on? Gotta admit, I can't think of any, but I'm sure I'm missing some.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@amafi: Santa Monica still have yet to release anything, and have been teasing they are working on a new IP. Guerrilla are working on a new IP, but they have already released a Killzone on PS4. And Bend Studio, who made the Syphon Filter games, are also working on a PS4 game. Polyphony Digital haven't made or officially announced anything yet, but you know its going to be a Gran Turismo game when they make something for the PS4.

So i wouldn't say there are a bunch of first party studios left to announce what they are working on, but there are a few big studios who have yet to show all there cards. Santa Monica specifically seem to be pretty hyped about what they are working on based on the few times they have said what little they can.

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

@lego_my_eggo: IIRC last I heard about Santa Monica, Stig Asmussen left the company and his project was canceled, which was supposed to be a new IP

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mechakirby: Cody Balrog is working on a new IP at Santa Monica. He was the director of God of War 2.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cody Balrog is working on a new IP at Santa Monica. He was the director of God of War 2.

That makes me slightly more excited for whatever they are working on because GoW2 was the only one I actually liked.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really have no idea why, but Sony's current line-up of exclusives is reminding me a lot of the PS2 era. Anyway, Gamescon has basically almost guaranteed that I'll be getting a PS4 eventually, probably sometime next year when games of interest to me are finally out.

greedy_fly_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodborne, The Order, Rime and No Man's Sky - can't wait to get my hands on these!

I believe No Man's Sky is hitting PC as well but it's exclusive to PS4 as far as consoles are concerned.

2015 gon' be a guuuuuuud yeer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.