Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Giant Bomb picks the next PS Plus title - Well, not just us, but we can vote.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Poll Giant Bomb picks the next PS Plus title - Well, not just us, but we can vote. (100 votes)

Action Henk! 17%
    Assault Android Cactus 33%
    Broforce 50%

So, they're doing that vote to play thing again. Three new games, one winner, total popularity contest. Which do you want to see as a free game for March?

Personally, I think all three look like they could be a lot of fun. I wonder if Assault Android Cactus will be at a disadvantage, though, seeing as we just got Helldivers. They're very different games, but in the same genre. It also doesn't have online multiplayer, which could be another disadvantage.

Most of the early speculation I've seen has Action Henk in last place, so it will be interesting to see if the voting leans in that direction. I kind of hope not, as I think the game looks pretty good. It reminds me of Toy Commander for the Dreamcast mixed with Joe Danger.

Broforce could go either way, but Contra type mutliplayer shooters are always at least a little fun. It's a tough genre to completely screw up, IMO.

I think all of these games are in Early Access on steam, so if you've played any of them, what did you think? Which will you be voting for?

Full trailers:

Action Henk!

Assault Android Cactus

Broforce

• 
    Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Action Henk cause it's fast paced and has ghosts. I feel like for an indie game it's a much easier pick-up-and-compete sort of game. Also the whole bro meme is whatever.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't want any of them but that's not on the poll.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

assault android

I like duel stick shooters, and this looks like a game i could have fun with for awhile. The last vote, was the when everyone picked grow home, right? I didn't care for grow home, after 20 minutes I was done. since I already have broforce I'm sure that one will win. I kind of like the idea of voting, however I than see games and don't end up getting them. I'm sure this part of Sony's plan and losers end up with small bump of sales.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I won't lie....I hated what I saw of all of those. But, I'd at least try Broforce, even if its is an faux-8-Bit jumble of pixels and not as cool as the animated stuff they use to show off the story and premise.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Devil240Z

We all know broforce is gonna win. It just is. That said I'm voting for the twin stick shooter.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As of this post, with 27 votes in, the voting is at a three way tie. 33% each. That's crazy.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I've only played the Expendables version of Broforce, but it's a ton of fun, so that.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Broforce, brah

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Not gonna lie, all of them elicit indifference from me.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Assault Android Cactus sounded like a real cool game so I hope it's that one. Probably will be Broforce though.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

So is Ps+ only giving away Indie titles now?

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag said:

So is Ps+ only giving away Indie titles now?

It's all they've been giving out for months. Knack will have to wait.

I might like Broforce, but honestly, I don't care about any of them.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Don't care about any of them. First person to tell me what to vote for and why will get my vote.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

i remember the unfinished of action henk being very cool

i fully expect broforce to win this and that's also fine

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People cry indie spam but this month had two full retail games. Grid autosport and p4a ultimax.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People cry indie spam but this month had two full retail games. Grid autosport and p4a ultimax.

No, people cry indie spam about PS4 titles, and they're right. Aside from a port of a PS3 game, and a standalone add-on--Injustice: Gods Among Us and the Infamous DLC--I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a single PS4 retail title on PS Plus. Even games that would sell DLC, gather interest in upcoming sequels, or are super old. Battlefield 4, Saints Row 4, Killzone Shadowfall, Farcry 4, etc.

Not that I don't enjoy indie titles, but after the precedent Sony created with PS+ on PS3, Sony has no one to blame but themselves for people for feeling like the value of their paid service has been lowered.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Broforce for me. I've played it in EA with some friends on PC and it's a good couch co-op game. Perfect for having friends over, not having to explain much and just picking up and playing. And most of my friends are of the age they'd get the references all the characters make.

@spaceinsomniac- While I've no evidence either way, it's also up to the publisher of those titles and maybe those publishers (Killzone/Knack excluded) aren't interested in taking whatever Sony is offering to put those games onto the service. And it's not like Sony can come out and say "Hey guys, we wanted to give you Far Cry 4 but Ubisoft wouldn't agree"

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

Played and own all 3 on PC and Broforce is easily the best of them. For me the PS+ is kinda disappointing for most of the time since I play my Indie games on Steam.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Broforce for me. I've played it in EA with some friends on PC and it's a good couch co-op game. Perfect for having friends over, not having to explain much and just picking up and playing. And most of my friends are of the age they'd get the references all the characters make.

@spaceinsomniac- While I've no evidence either way, it's also up to the publisher of those titles and maybe those publishers (Killzone/Knack excluded) aren't interested in taking whatever Sony is offering to put those games onto the service. And it's not like Sony can come out and say "Hey guys, we wanted to give you Far Cry 4 but Ubisoft wouldn't agree"

That's a good point, and it may very well be true. But AC: Black Flag and Tomb Raider were Games with Gold, so I wouldn't guess that publishers would be completely opposed to lending their titles for PS Plus. It has been a while since either platform had a retail game, though, so someone seems to be keeping their head down.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil240z said:

No, people cry indie spam about PS4 titles, and they're right. Aside from a port of a PS3 game, and a standalone add-on--Injustice: Gods Among Us and the Infamous DLC--I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a single PS4 retail title on PS Plus. Even games that would sell DLC, gather interest in upcoming sequels, or are super old. Battlefield 4, Saints Row 4, Killzone Shadowfall, Farcry 4, etc.

Not that I don't enjoy indie titles, but after the precedent Sony created with PS+ on PS3, Sony has no one to blame but themselves for people for feeling like the value of their paid service has been lowered.

I guess owning a PS4/PS3/Vita, I look at the whole. And its always a good value in my eyes. I already owned 3.5 of the games from this month and I'm still happy with it. Mostly cause I can finally get my friends to play helldivers with me.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By BlackLagoon

@jesus_phish said:

Undoubtedly the problem is how much money Sony is offering. But considering they got Far Cry 2 and 3, Saint's Row 3, Tomb Raider, Battlefield 3, multiple Assassin's Creed games, etc. on Plus in the heydays of the Instant Game Collection on PS3, I would say that Sony is probably offering publishers significantly less money for their games now than they did back then. And that is in spite of getting a lot more subscribers due to tying it to multiplayer on PS4. I even defended the move because I liked the Instant Game Collection so much, and now I just feel like a giant fool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.