Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Good local multiplayer games?

dobedobedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My girlfriend and I just got a second ps4 controller finally and we are looking for some good local multiplayer games for ps4. Any type of game is welcome and it doesn't need to be a ps4 exclusive.

So far we have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, Guacamelee, Mortal Kombat X, and Diablo 3.

We used to play a ton of Resident Evil 5 back when it came out. We were reading up on Resident Evil Revelations 2 but heard something about the second player not being able to use guns. Is that game still worth checking out anyway?

Yes I know I can check websites that have lists of co-op games but I really just want to hear what you guys have had the most fun with.

thanks!

oodli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dead Nation, Borderlands and Helldivers are awesome for Co-op, Helldivers being my favorite.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Someone else will confirm this (does @yummylee know?) about Resident Evil 2 but I don't think what you've heard is right. I believe in single-player, some of the characters you play as cannot use guns. There is co-op for a "Raid Mode" and in that mode both players have effectively the same abilities. I think. Sorry, hard time confirming this with quick googles.

I think you already have the best ones (Guacamelee!, Diablo 3) but here are a few more:

• Resogun (challenging in co-op but really awesome after you get your skills up)
    • Helldivers (everyone says you need 4 players to really enjoy this but I disagree. Helldivers couch co-op with 2 people is a world of fun.)
    • Rayman Legends (as far bang for your co-op buck this is the by far the winner; beautiful game that still has challenging platforming)

I guess you guys aren't shooter fans hey? Call of Duty tends to have a boatload of Co-Op stuff in there.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

The coop in Revelations 2 isn't like in RE5, as like you guessed only one character can use guns. The other will take up the role of Moira/Natalia depending on the segment, be it Claire or Barry respectively. Moira has her torch at least to help stun enemies and does still have a melee weapon, whereas Natalia is a little more passive. She's primarily good for spotting enemies through walls and such, but can also equip a brick that can be thrown. Even in coop both players can choose to switch characters, so you could perhaps mix it up every so often so each gets to enjoy the core combat.

Raid mode is pure action and lets both players choose from a number of characters, all of which can use firearms.

You can always check our own wiki page for more detailed information pertaining to the gameplay!

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Nidhogg is a fun competitive game.

Magicka is fun for local co-op.

Sportsfriends for the 4+ gatherings

dobedobedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll definitely check all of these out. Also, thanks for clarifying the RE: Revelations 2 stuff.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mustainium

Borderlands is a must if you like shooters.

Raid mode in REvelations 2 is decent, but the combat is far too simplistic to hold up past a couple of hours.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.