Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

[Help] Internet Becomes Super Slow when PS4 Uploading Video

blacklotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Been searching the web for some info on this, but i'm having no luck.

Basically, every time i upload a video file through share on the PS4, the internet becomes unusable here at my place. We are talking roughly 30 seconds to open a normal website.Every device becomes like this. The ones connected to the router with an ethernet cable, or the phones/tablets connected wirelessly.

The PS4 is connected to the router via ethernet cable aswell.

Speakeasy speed test:
    Your Speed Result:
    Download Speed: 6205 kbps (775.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 395 kbps (49.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Any ideas? It's pretty irritating, and right now i can only upload stuff during the night when i go to bed and have to leave the PS4 on stand by mode because of this.

Cheers.

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

This will probably happen whenever you upload anything from any machine in your home - downloads require upload bandwidth to acknowledge the downloaded data, if the upload bandwidth is limited the acknowledgements can't be sent in time and the download will become slow. Most ISPs only offer enough upload bandwidth to cover these acknowledgements, so any uploading kills your download.

You might want to investigate QOS (quality of service) options on your router to see if you can limit the PS4's bandwidth a little.

blacklotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did not know that. So limiting the upload speed for the console might fix this. I'll prolly have to set up a static ip for the console aswell.

Anyway, i'll tinker with the router to see if i have those options. Thanks!

blacklotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will probably happen whenever you upload anything from any machine in your home - downloads require upload bandwidth to acknowledge the downloaded data, if the upload bandwidth is limited the acknowledgements can't be sent in time and the download will become slow. Most ISPs only offer enough upload bandwidth to cover these acknowledgements, so any uploading kills your download.

You might want to investigate QOS (quality of service) options on your router to see if you can limit the PS4's bandwidth a little.

Blargh! QOS has limited access, and with the regular admin account, it doesn't show. Oh well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.