Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Help With Sports Games

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By r3beld0gg

I've decided to rewrite this post as I realized I was WAY too verbose before and it's likely that no one was reading it. Besides, it's a simple question, really.

I've decided to try a sports game this year and since FIFA is the only one with a demo, I tried it out. My problem is that the demo drops you into a game with no tutorial or anything. I had a lot of trouble keeping track of who I was in control of and switching to the guy I wanted. I don't know soccer terminology or rules.

$60 is a lot of money, I mainly want to know if FIFA or other sports games have decent tutorials or difficulty settings for those with NO sports knowledge/experience. The demo didn't offer these and if they aren't present in the full game I know I'd never be able to play it.

Suggestions as to whether a non-sports fan could really get into these games? Are they worth the money? Mainly this or NBA 2k14, which is better?

gugagomes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While there might be a lot to take in for a new player just starting out, the new fifa's have a bunch of skill challenges that run you through all sorts of gameplay concepts like shooting, passing, player movement, etc... However while there are a ton of different challenges you might still have to check the controls list first as the tutorials aren't as comprehensive as you'd like for a first timer as they pretty much assume if you're playing fifa you also know the rules of soccer.

I've been playing fifa since the late 90's so it hard for me to really know if this is enough to train someone who doesn't know the rules of soccer or how fifa plays.

The last NBA 2k I owned was 11 and that was a bit complicated for me since I don't really understand the more granular intricacies of basketball and only really understand it at its basic level. As a result of my basketball ignorance, I felt like the game was too complicated and lost interest.

Hope that's helpful R3belD0gg.

If you end up getting fifa (or just wanna play some online games) my psn is gugagomes7, I can offer some friendly training.

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gugagomes7: Thanks. I'll add you when I get a chance. My PS4 has been cold for a while as I'm 40+ hours into Ni No Kuni and I'm not sure if I'm even half way through lol. I decided to get a set of A50s last night so I kinda can't spend the $ on FIFA right now. I think I'm leaning that way, though. It just seems more fun than basketball. Or maybe it's because there are no embarrassing childhood memories of soccer... lol. Anyway, I'll probably get it at some point soon. Trying to kill off some PS3/360 backlog before Second Son.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.