Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

How much does the PS4 cost for you?

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By white

Specifically our friends outside of the US.

I just found out that the console is launching at 520USD for HK and SG in December, ~25% more than what it could cost in US. Insane. And it's not like those countries tax like Brazil. Looks like I won't getting one until a price drop hits in 2017 or whatever.

No point importing cause 1) you won't get the warranty and 2) the voltage issue.

How much does it cost for people in Australia, Canada, France, etc.?

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jimmyfenix

@white: £425 - I am Getting a Ps4 bundle, Killzone, A camera and 2 Dualshocks.

i am getting a few games with my PS4 so it might be closer to £500.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@jimmyfenix: Well how much is that in USD? No point in comparing if you have not a common standard.

I would pay 449 Swiss Francs = 488 US-$. This includes 8% VAT. This is nothing, though. Minimum wage is around 4300 US-$/month.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jimmyfenix
    Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Canada is $399

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Well its $399 USD here but since I get a store discount Ill pay $381 because I get 10% off anything we sell at work.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@white: Voltage shouldn't be an issue as it wasn't for the PS3 - it worked on both 112 and 220, you just needed to exchange the power cable. Warranty would be an issue.

I'll be paying the equivalent of $450 USD for mine but that's only because I know a guy that runs a store and he gets "store" prices for bulk orders. Normally it would be around $560 USD.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

In Sweden it costs about $596, at least that's what my highly scientific google search tells me.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

In Finland it's 449,90€ (605,40$), that includes a 24% VAT.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Seppli

529 Swiss Francs - which is currently 575.35$. That's for the base console and Killzone Shadow Fall (was actually forced to buy Killzone, lest my retailer would not have honored my preorder).

I'm also getting Need for Speed Rivals with that. I already have bought Battlefield 4 and Premium digitally on PS3, which I will upgrade to the PS4 version.

Between these games, especially BF4 Premium and NfS Rivals, and Playstation Plus and Free 2 Play - all my bases are covered for a good long while.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli: For me i am hoping BF4 PS3 version which costs goes down in price around black friday time so i can use the next gen upgrade system and get the PS4 version cheaper.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The blood of 10 innocent children.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

3500-3800 NOK(566-614 USD). Pretty cheap compared to the PS3 at launch(6000NOK~970USD |Not adjusted for inflation)

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Seppli

@seppli: For me i am hoping BF4 PS3 version which costs goes down in price around black friday time so i can use the next gen upgrade system and get the PS4 version cheaper.

I'm sure there's plenty of smart ways to get BF4 & Premium cheaper, if one is willing to wait. Seeing how I've put nearly 100 hours into BF4 since launch, waiting to play BF4 is clearly not something I want to do. In any case, your plan sounds smart. I bet it'll work out fine. Isn't BF4 already confirmed to be 50% off at some major US retailer during Black Friday sales? I'm sure I've read something to that end.

TheLark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

£350 Pounds, though i've no idea what that is in US Dollars. I'm also undecided on what game to get with it so it could rise! At the minute its just me and the box...

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

529 Swiss Francs - which is currently 575.35$. That's for the base console and Killzone Shadow Fall (was actually forced to buy Killzone, lest my retailer would not have honored my preorder).

That sounds fucking shady, I would have just cancelled the preorder rather than be extorted like that. I don't know, maybe I wouldn't since I am getting Killzone anyway, but that just sounds like a really scummy way to do business.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By AMyggen

NOK 4000 (Norway), which is about 644 USD.

I'm just glad I don't live in Argentina or especially Brazil. Those guys got it rough, protectionism ain't no joke for the consumer.

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By hakunin

3499 DKR = about 630 USD. Yeah...

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Seppli

@ll_exile_ll said:

@seppli said:

That sounds fucking shady, I would have just cancelled the preorder rather than be extorted like that. I don't know, maybe I wouldn't since I am getting Killzone anyway, but that just sounds like a really scummy way to do business.

According to the email I got, Sony's alloting launch day PS4s to retailers only if they buy 2 or 3 Sony games per box (not sure which it was). My retailer is unwilling to carry the risk of overstocking on Knack and Killzone just to get enough boxes to honor the preorders, so they let their customers decide if they want to upgrade or not.

It's a no fuss no muss retailer I've been dealing with for many years. Any customer in good standing can cancel preorders at any time at no cost, and I can run a tab. I'm not paying my games and even the PS4 until I receive them. They send the goods with an invoice, and I can pay the bill at my leisure within a month without them getting antsy.

Sure - it's a little crummy, but not shady. Oh well, I have a fleeting interest in Killzone anyways, so it wasn't that big of a deal - and I sure as hell don't want to wait until March or whenever these boxes will become readily available. Can't wait to finally play BF4 on hardware actually capable of running the game properly, without framerate dips to single digits and regular lock-ups.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone figure out why the majority outside of the US are getting these consoles for at least 500USD? I cannot imagine the hike was due to taxes and shipping, especially for countries that have free trade agreements.

Makes me think Sony just wants to offset their losses somehow.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

399 just console.

Include games, extra controller, ps+.... almost have double probably.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Strife777

I'm in Canada, Quebec to be specific, and with taxes it costs me 466,20.

That is in Canadian dollars of course. So about 20 USD.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By LiquidPrince

$399 in Canada.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.