Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

I have ACIV and PS Plus Stuff - What 1 other game to get?

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

I plan to get one more game to tide me over until more games are released. I have Assassin's Creed, and Resogun and the other free/cheap stuff. What else to get? Killzone, just because it's a full-on PS4 game? What would you get?

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By turboman

I'm super not into Killzone at all, had to return it (I never liked KZ's singleplayer, but I usually like the multiplayer. Just wasn't clicking for me.)

I'm about to get NBA 2k14 cause it looks amazing and I really enjoy that series. Not for everybody though.

Also, Warframe is extremely fun for a F2P game. Sound Shapes and Flower are both really great too if you haven't been able to play them yet (Sound Shapes especially)

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I bought Knack and I'm enjoying it, most of the criticisms about the game are accurate, but I think you could make the same complaints about any game of it's type, the only real difference is that Knack isn't an age old beloved character.

Soundshapes is pretty cool too, it makes good use of the speaker and light bar on the controller and they added a tutorial that I don't remember doing on the Vita version that was useful.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By ArtisanBreads

If you have any taste for it, I think NBA 2k14 is the way to go. (duh forgot Battlefield 4 too. Assuming multi gets ironed out soon).

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By bigjeffrey

Nba 2k14 can last you a while.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I bought Need For Speed and Battlefield. Need For Speed is really, really fun with friends. Battlefield is really, really fun when EA decides to let it's servers work.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cant do wrong with Injustice, rock solid fighting game with a good bit of single player content.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

NFS

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

play some of the F2P stuff, Warframe ain't bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

Cant do wrong with Injustice, rock solid fighting game with a good bit of single player content.

Any time someone suggests Injustice, a Hawkgirl gets her wings.

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What do you think is the best piece of software for pure next gen, graphical power?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

What do you think is the best piece of software for pure next gen, graphical power?

Killzone is probably the best looking game, or NBA2K14 but I can't speak from experience with that one. It's just what I've heard.

Question for people who have played NBA 2K14. Are the menus still shit?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Battlefield 4 from everything I've seen. Looks incredible.

2K14 and Ryse both look really good too (I know Ryse is just Xbox, but yeah those are the three for me that have really impressed so far).

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Here are my takes on the launch games I got, hope they help.

Killzone SF: I'm liking it for the most part, there are definitely some issues and frustrating parts especially on hard. I actually think the story is sat least somewhat interesting but I haven't beaten it yet. Wanna say I'm close but as of right now I think its solid. Fun multiplayer and beautiful graphics also help

NFS Rivals: a pretty damn good arcade racer but honestly I think the seamless multiplayer is hit and miss. Since there are only 6 people to a game, with the relatively large map, there is almost no chance of actually racing against other players or running from player cops. I've only actually interacted with other people once or twice because of the two things I listed. If the player count was increased or map size reduced I think it would be perfect. But as it stands, it's still a pretty good racing game

Madden 25: it's madden that looks a bit better and doesn't have shit menus (well less shitty menus)

NBA2k14: an excellent sports game that also looks amazing. If you are a fan of those then I could easily recommend it.

Battlefield 4: when it works it's absolutely some of the best multiplayer I've played. And this does not even include the conquest 64 player map because that at the moment is totally busted.

So hopefully that helps, I haven't played enough AC 4 to give an opinion but from what I've seen is it looks nice and runs well, if you like Assassins Creed that seems like a viable option.

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By wallee321

I played some Killzone yesterday, didn't like too much. It's my first time playing the series. The controls felt off and a little wonky. I really didn't like the lack of a map / minimap; I found the letter markers through the radar to be way too small to read, worse even than the cell phone and notifications in GTAV. I'm playing on a 55 inch screen. I'll give it one more session of a couple hours to grab me, but I'm leaning towards selling / trading it.

NFS:Rivals I downloaded it last night using the $10 credit for spending $50 in PSN store last month and the $10 credit that came with the PS4. So far I'm really liking it. I haven't had any trouble finding other players, while driving around or events to start. Getting back to the garage to bank your points, before the cops bust you seems a little hard, but over I'm enjoining it.

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Killzone sucks. NFS: Rivals is the one to get. I've been playing that and AC4 the most.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would recommend Battlefield 4 over Killzone, but you should wait until they fix it, because it doesn't really work at the moment. Also, you have to aim/shoot with L2/R2 which is just wrong.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm enjoying Killzone quite a bit, but it's definitely a divisive campaign, and might not be to your liking if you don't want a shooter that isn't non-stop action. I haven't tried the online stuff yet, but that seems to have been well received.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Killzone or Battlefield.

Battlefield is a significantly better game.

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I have most of the non-sports PS4 launch titles, and I've spent the most time with Assassin's Creed IV and Need for Speed: Rivals. So I'd suggest Need for Speed.

But if you just want power... Maybe Battlefield or Killzone, I guess.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Need for Speed. Do you like Burnout games? Yes, you do. Did you ever want the Burnout games to look a little prettier AND feel a tiny bit more like an actual race game? Then get this.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Need For Speed is gorgeous and a LOT of fun so far.

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'm debating between NFS, Battlefield 4, and Killzone. Thanks everyone, you at least helped me narrow it down. Maybe I'll just wait a week or two and hope to catch a deal on one of those three.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't have to buy a exclusive PS4 game just to say you have one, if you count PC out, you can take every multiplatform game as a PS4 exclusive.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishdoom: Yeah those are some pretty solid choices, though I'd probably give the vote for NFS Rivals though I like BF4 a lot as well (I have the PC version) but NFS feels like a much better choice since the MP is stable. BF4 is still suffering from multiplayer issues on the server-side (meaning the MP is reeeeaaaally good and a lot of fun, it just sucks when the server drops out or suddenly gets laggy) but I'm not sure if it's as prevalent on PS4. It's gotten better now though.

THRICE_604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Biggest surprise for me was Need For Speed Rivals I underestimated how fun and addictive that game would be. I like racers well enough and definitely arcade racers more than sim but I was pretty blown away. Looks great plays great and the online integration is pretty awesome.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

@spraynardtatum: So it's not just me that's noticed how awful and bland the menus in NBA 2K14 are? I can't figure out why they're like that and I haven't seen anyone talking about it. I saw a video of the game on 360 I think that showed they were just about identical to the ones in 2K13.

If you're looking for a shooter, Battlefield 4 is the best one available (when the patch comes out early next week).

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By csl316

Battlefield and Need for Speed have both been super fun.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battlefield is a blast. The PS4 version might be the buggiest game I've ever played though. The server crashes for half the games online. Conquest large doesn't work at all and I didn't start the campaign because I've already got the saves corrupt message 4-5 times. I'm sure these issus will be fixed in the next few weeks and I had a great time with the online games that did not crash but damn this level of jank is beyond STALKER levels of insanity.

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I really like Killzone's campaign actually. I admit I am predisposed to liking it as a love sci-fi, spy stories and FPS games, but still... I think it's a lot more solid than people are acting like. The levels are much larger, the OWL adds some nice tactics, guns feel great, multiple objectives at once is cool and the game just looks amazing if your TV is properly calibrated.

I also have Battlefield and Knack. Knack is decent but very repetitive. If you pace yourself with it and like cartoony action games it's a solid title, but not worth $60 by any means. I got it free. Battlefield is Battlefield, you should know if that appeals to you or not. Note it's currently completely broken, but a patch is due Monday or Tuesday.

If I buy another game before Thief in February it'll probably be Injustice.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battlefield 4 loos pretty good on PS4 probably go that route. Though seems like if you want to play that game long term and with other duders you should probably grab it on PC.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like Killzone's campaign actually. I admit I am predisposed to liking it as a love sci-fi, spy stories and FPS games, but still... I think it's a lot more solid than people are acting like. The levels are much larger, the OWL adds some nice tactics, guns feel great, multiple objectives at once is cool and the game just looks amazing if your TV is properly calibrated.

I also have Battlefield and Knack. Knack is decent but very repetitive. If you pace yourself with it and like cartoony action games it's a solid title, but not worth $60 by any means. I got it free. Battlefield is Battlefield, you should know if that appeals to you or not. Note it's currently completely broken, but a patch is due Monday or Tuesday.

If I buy another game before Thief in February it'll probably be Injustice.

I like the campaign too. I have some major gripes with it, mostly in level design towards the end of the game, but overall I liked it. I got lost a lot and the mission marker only worked sporadically. I had a bug that stopped me from being able to progress until I restarted a level. Also I'd say the final battles seemed overly difficult, claustrophobic, and generic (basically throwing all the enemies at you in two small room and then boom you're done....or are you!).

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I bought Knack and I'm enjoying it, most of the criticisms about the game are accurate, but I think you could make the same complaints about any game of it's type, the only real difference is that Knack isn't an age old beloved character.

Soundshapes is pretty cool too, it makes good use of the speaker and light bar on the controller and they added a tutorial that I don't remember doing on the Vita version that was useful.

cool I'll have to check out Soundshapes finally.

Agree about Knack. I finished it. It was alright. The bosses were decent. The combat was kind of fun because they didn't just make it a push-over. Dodging well was useful. The story almost .. went to Troll on Human lovin ..but then they chickened out. That would have been so, so fantastic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.