I'm having trouble on whether this was the right decision

• 54 results
#51 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

@humanity said:

@xalienxgreyx said:

@humanity said:

@hosstile17: nothing he ever writes about Xbox should be taken seriously as he seems to have a real chip on his shoulder when it comes to that particular console developer. I think secret Microsoft ninjas murdered his family for not liking Blinx the Time Sweeper.

As far as the console choice - I ended up playing more xbox this past generation because all my friends were on it, and partly because the online and user interface was way better than the initial PS3 endeavors. So if you like the PS4 then it wasn't a wrong choice, but it can get awfully lonely at times and despite how cool people can be from this site, nothing beats being able to play and chat with people you actually know.

Microsoft Ninjas stole my video games then said I could have them back if I made youtube videos praising the Xbox One.

Jesus! You're trying to tell me.. there are companies out there, that pay people to talk about their products? Like.. like some sort of marketing? This is ridiculous, you mean that toothpaste on TV won't make my teeth magically white like on the commercial?!

Showing someone what your product can do, and paying a third party to positively represent your product are two entirely different things, the second bordering on illegal.

However, if you are right about one thing it is nothing I say about Microsoft should be taken seriously.

#52 Edited by handlas (2675 posts) -

I have both. Both are fun.

That's all ;D

One thing I can say, tho, is I hooked back up my PS3 to finish a bunch of games... new games that are still coming out. I can't really say that about the 360.

#53 Edited by alwaysbebombing (1569 posts) -

Friends are overrated.

not really :(

Yeah :(

#54 Posted by Humanity (9056 posts) -

@humanity said:

@xalienxgreyx said:

@humanity said:

@hosstile17: nothing he ever writes about Xbox should be taken seriously as he seems to have a real chip on his shoulder when it comes to that particular console developer. I think secret Microsoft ninjas murdered his family for not liking Blinx the Time Sweeper.

As far as the console choice - I ended up playing more xbox this past generation because all my friends were on it, and partly because the online and user interface was way better than the initial PS3 endeavors. So if you like the PS4 then it wasn't a wrong choice, but it can get awfully lonely at times and despite how cool people can be from this site, nothing beats being able to play and chat with people you actually know.

Microsoft Ninjas stole my video games then said I could have them back if I made youtube videos praising the Xbox One.

Jesus! You're trying to tell me.. there are companies out there, that pay people to talk about their products? Like.. like some sort of marketing? This is ridiculous, you mean that toothpaste on TV won't make my teeth magically white like on the commercial?!

Showing someone what your product can do, and paying a third party to positively represent your product are two entirely different things, the second bordering on illegal.

However, if you are right about one thing it is nothing I say about Microsoft should be taken seriously.

We should get Mr. Mayor on the line right away!

#55 Edited by JCole360 (25 posts) -

@jakethesnakeyea: I have a similar problem, I bought both of them at launch but most of my friends have gotten Xbox Ones and i find my PS4 sits there and it goes weeks without me playing it. In the last month i have probably only played it 2 times. I don't not like my PS4 but i also don't hate my xbox one by any means , but i have found through this situation that the most important thing for me is where do my friends play, more than which UI i like better more than which has a better frame rate or which is more powerful. In the end if you are a social gamer and have lots of friends who you enjoy playing games with you want to be where they are.

#56 Posted by LiquidPrince (15912 posts) -

@rorie said:

Well I would say that "free" games that come with a $50 yearly membership aren't really free.

But I would say that the friends list issue might be a good opportunity to make some new friends to play with. I'm sure there are plenty of people here on the forums who'd be happy to share their info with you. The Spelunky thread alone has a bunch of PSN names on it. Might not be your "real" friends, but, again, this might be an opportunity to find more people to game with.

But the amount of games spread across PS4, PS3 and Vita far exceed the value of $50. Just this past few months I've downloaded: Resogun, Don't Starve, Bioshock Infinite, DmC, Hotline Miami, Wipeout 2044, XCOM etc... there was quite a few more. Eventually you start getting into the free territory. It's an even better value for me because I purchased 2 years worth of PS+ on boxing day, when they were on sale for $29.99.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.