I'm in are you?

• 71 results
#2 Edited by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

The specs look great, as does the controller and interface. All that's left is... does it have the games to back it up?

#3 Posted by Enigma777 (6073 posts) -

Yup. So in

#4 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4207 posts) -

Nah, dawg. I'ma get a Xbox ∞, but PS4 sure seems neat. I have PS3.

#5 Edited by DelroyLindo (387 posts) -

looks good. if microsoft continue to make you pay for xbox live next gen i may jump ship.

#6 Posted by periahdark (115 posts) -

I was sold once they announced the new Infamous game. I really liked what I was hearing and I just needed an exclusive title to seal the deal, and that was it. I probably won't get one this year, though. Unless it's an insanely unexpected price. Like, Wii U price. But I highly doubt that.

#7 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5826 posts) -

probably

#8 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2457 posts) -

Yep.

#9 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

PS4 is being made by smart people and thats good but I still want to see more games before jumping the gun.

#10 Posted by triple07 (1196 posts) -

I'll probably wait to see what Microsoft shows but so far Sony really wowed me. Maybe I'll go PS3 first this time. (Who am I kidding I'll end up with every console)

#11 Posted by ozzdog12 (861 posts) -

I mean I'm sure 2-3 years from now, I'll own both. Console looks impressive i'll say that much. Still got at LEAST 9 months to impress me further. I've never purchased a console at launch(except the Vita), so unless I'm absolutely finished with my PS3 and 360 by the time they role out(which I doubt, I mean GTA5 comes out in Sept...), I doubt I'll be a day 1 purchaser of either.

#12 Posted by myketuna (1693 posts) -

I find it interesting, but I'm not really excited yet. But I think that's all this was supposed to do was garner interest. E3 will probably be a blowout for them and for Microsoft.

#13 Edited by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

Yup I knew I was going to be, maybe not for the first year or so but I'm in.

#14 Posted by Demoskinos (14823 posts) -
#15 Posted by Homer39 (157 posts) -

I'm in.

#16 Posted by StrainedEyes (1324 posts) -

Not yet. A lot of what was shown will also be on the new Xbox. I really like inFamous, but that's not enough just yet.

#17 Edited by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I was expecting not to be in until a price drop, but I am very in now.

#18 Edited by Barrock (3533 posts) -

If it were for sale right now I'd buy one.

#19 Posted by awesomeusername (4183 posts) -

FUCK YES. NEW INFAMOUS GAME YO

#20 Posted by mellotronrules (1192 posts) -

not till 2014- but it does show a real focus on games. i'm interested to see how microsoft responds.

#21 Posted by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

I'm in! Even though the power consumption will be five hairdryers and 2 kettles and an incubator.

#22 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

NO

#23 Posted by Freelancer52 (70 posts) -

Yup

#24 Posted by awesomeusername (4183 posts) -
#25 Posted by peritus (1012 posts) -

Probably in.

#26 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19335 posts) -

I've always been in.

#27 Posted by RazielCuts (2953 posts) -

Actually made me waaay more interested in getting a Vita as its pretty much future proofed for a good while now right?

#28 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

If it has a bunch of great games by 2015, sure. Right now their cool features like vita remote play and share button are uncertain to be useful or fully implemented by Sony. I say that because Sony said vita remote play for all ps4 games is a "long term goal."

#29 Posted by SMTDante89 (2577 posts) -

Yup, pretty much sold on it now.

#30 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1971 posts) -

Meh, the games didn't make me feel like I need to play them. I might get it once the inevitable price drop hits. I'll stick to PC until then.

#31 Posted by awesomeusername (4183 posts) -

@toowalrus said:does it have the games to back it up?

inFAMOUS: Second Son. That is all.

#32 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

It sounds like they focused in on a lot of their failures with the PS3 during the presentation and that's a super good sign to me. I'm definitely interested and, given my current disinterest in the Xbox, there's a good chance that if I do make an early purchase of a next gen console, it'll be the PS4.

#33 Posted by Wraxend (564 posts) -

Already looking if I can pre-order, so yeah I'm in.

#34 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

@awesomeusername: When this topic was created, the only game shown was Knack. Second Son looks cool- I actually haven't played Infamous, I've got a copy here but I've never... I should play that.

#35 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

I was so sure I was out, but that presentation was incredible. Really curious to see how Microsoft reacts to all this.

My favorite bits were seeing that Sony hasn't forgotten about cartoon-y, imaginative games, namely Knack (even though it was pretty much a tech demo); Deep Down and Watch_Dogs were really exciting to see, and the download while playing thing sounds awesome.

#36 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3866 posts) -

Unless MS really brings it...this is it you guys, I finally switch sides.

#37 Edited by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

I like SONY, i like what they showed.. so yes.

#38 Posted by 49th (2755 posts) -

Yes, I will buy a PS4 at some point unless something is terribly wrong with the system which seems unlikely.

#39 Posted by BoFooQ (672 posts) -

YES, was a sony fan going in, but sony did lots of the stuff I wanted to see and hear today. Still need to hear if online is still free, and we'll have to see what kind of things microsoft brings to the table. Even blizzard was a good thing, Maybe diablo 3 isn;t the biggest sales point, it should be a game that is there day 1 and you hope the they keep the partnership going forward.

#40 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

No. I can't be. Not without seeing what Microsoft has and more information on pricing and subscriptions. I am in favour of Sony and apprehensive of Microsoft thanks to this generation though.

I am impressed with what I saw though. Feature wise. Most of the games that impressed me are probably going to be multiplatform so games that were shown are almost meaningless in a decision for me.

#41 Edited by mpgeist (607 posts) -

Waiting to see a price and what Microsoft has. Also, I don't typically jump into a console in the first year.

#42 Edited by DrFlapjack (234 posts) -

Unless MS really brings it...this is it you guys, I finally switch sides.

Same here! I've stayed with the Xbox because I loved Halo so much, but I've had enough of shooters and Playstation Plus has seemed more appealing than paying for XBL as this generation has come to an end. I liked the presentation and can't wait to see what Microsoft responds with.

#43 Posted by bigsmoke77 (789 posts) -

It is going to take a lot for me to stay on the Microsoft train but I will most likely not be an early adopter of either console due to price and because i just built a decent gaming PC.

#44 Edited by Ghost_Cat (1435 posts) -

The whole show was solid. Straight to the point, hardware overview, games, and more games. Also really enjoyed the Drive Club dude.

#45 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

The ps4 is made by the guy that made marble madness. You win sony.

#46 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4351 posts) -

I'll probably pick it up when the first price drop hits. I have plenty of miles to go still with my PC so I can wait. Looks cool though. The big take away for me is finally seeing consoles no longer drag PC's down for a while again and good on Sony for going X86.

#47 Posted by TheHT (11240 posts) -

Yeah most likely. We'll see what Microsoft can bring to the table.

#48 Posted by RioStarwind (544 posts) -

For their first showing they certainly sold me on buying one. Doesn't take that much to make me buy a console after all I bought a Wii U. But they showed me what I wanted to see. All it takes is a few games that tell me I should buy this and I'll do it. Plus it didn't hurt that they all looked really good. Now it's just up to Microsoft to sell me on something new since that's the only way I'll pick up the next Xbox.

#49 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

This should be a poll. And I am in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.