If Sony could bring one SERIES to Gaikai, what would you like it to be?

• 52 results
Posted by DrxLecter (122 posts) 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: If Sony could bring one SERIES to Gaikai, what would you like it to be? (170 votes)

Final Fantasy 29%
Uncharted 13%
Gran Turismo 2%
Ratchet and Clank 6%
God of War 1%
Sly Cooper 1%
Crash Bandicoot 7%
Jak and Daxter 4%
Ridge Racer 2%
The Elder Scrolls 6%
Thief 1%
Ultima 3%
Fallout 5%
Prince of Persia 2%
Other 16%

This is completely a fantasy situation, but if Sony were able to release an entire series(all games from inception to ps3 generation) to the Gaikai service what would you want to see most? I'll admit I'm giving some precedence to Sony backed franchises since they seem like they would be most likely, but if you choose other let us know! (I'm also omitting franchises with only two games, and adding a few odd third party choices I think would be neat)

#1 Edited by DrxLecter (122 posts) -

For transparency, and maybe to expose any bias in the order of the options, I chose Final Fantasy for the sheer number of hours of play that would be available.

#2 Posted by Brodehouse (10106 posts) -

Frasier.

#3 Posted by Lord_Xp (605 posts) -

I loved Sly Cooper and I almost voted for it but they are games that should be played on their consoles to enjoy them at their fullest. That's my opinion though. I really loved Uncharted and voted for that series. I loved every game they came up with. I wish they announced a fourth one at E3

#4 Posted by Zella (799 posts) -

Fallout, good longevity plus the games are already so buggy on PS3 you'd never know if it's the game fucking up or the Gaikai stream.

#5 Posted by TooWalrus (13255 posts) -

Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood. A complete collection of every episode doesn't exist, as far as I can tell. I want to start the morning knowing that I'm special :-(

#6 Posted by sirdesmond (1256 posts) -

Elder Scrolls! I wanna play some Arena on my PS4!

#7 Edited by CommanderGermanShepard (303 posts) -

Pretty much any PS3 exclusive. Still really bummed the next generation isn't backwards compatible. Should of been a major priority considering how much digital downloads I have on XBLA.

#8 Posted by slyspider (1330 posts) -

Persona. Fuck you. Persona 5. Now.

#9 Posted by cloudymusic (1221 posts) -

Suikoden.

#10 Posted by dungbootle (2458 posts) -

Big Mutha Truckers

#11 Edited by StarvingGamer (8457 posts) -

@keres said:

Suikoden.

This is the ONLY answer

Also make IV cost $100 because anyone who actually wants to play that game deserves to be fucking fleeced.

#12 Posted by SpecDotSign (166 posts) -
@keres said:

Suikoden.

A million times over son.

#13 Posted by THRICE_604 (210 posts) -

I would want Uncharted but thats obvious its going to be there. I would bet any major first party game will be available on streaming. All the Uncharteds and Last of Us will obviously be there and God of War, Resistance , etc.

I'm really curious to see just how much will be compatible, this is basically the same situation as Microsoft's emulation on 360. It was a limited list that eventually they stopped supporting. I don't want them to do that. I want this service to eventually allow me to retire my PS3. Its earned a rest. Its still chugging and outlived two of my 360s.

#14 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

Cho Aniki.

#15 Edited by 9999dmg (132 posts) -

@keres said:

Suikoden.

I also agree with this.

#16 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -
#17 Posted by BaneFireLord (2967 posts) -

Kingdom Hearts. I'm fascinated by the concept of those games, but I've never had a system I could play them on and I'm not going to go buy a PS3 or a PS2 just to play them when the PS4's right around the corner. Since KH3 is in the pipeline, I wouldn't be surprised if that HD 1.5 rerelease ends up on Gaikai when it launches.

#18 Posted by BaneFireLord (2967 posts) -
#19 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

@banefirelord said:

@evilnights said:

@evilnights said:

Cho Aniki.

I agree with this.

Dude...what?

I agree with myself the merits of bringing the Cho Aniki franchise to Playstation owners everywhere. I thought this was obvious.

#20 Posted by oldenglishC (996 posts) -

@keres said:

Suikoden.

This is the ONLY answer

Also make IV cost $100 because anyone who actually wants to play that game deserves to be fucking fleeced.

I will half-ass defend IV until my very next breath! At least it's better than Tierkreis.

#21 Posted by Vorpal (31 posts) -

@oldenglishc: I will half-assedly defend IV with you! Together we almost have a whole person who will sincerely defend that game.

Suikoden would be my first choice. I could go for a good chunk of the Tales games too.

#22 Posted by RVonE (4683 posts) -

I still don't know what Gaikai actually is.

#23 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

There are a ton of FF games I haven't got around to playing from the earlier days.

#24 Edited by oldenglishC (996 posts) -

@vorpal said:

@oldenglishc: I will half-assedly defend IV with you! Together we almost have a whole person who will sincerely defend that game.

Suikoden would be my first choice. I could go for a good chunk of the Tales games too.

Our voices will not be silenced until the world accepts how truly average this game is.

#25 Posted by 5Figh (172 posts) -

well I have a real soft spot for Ratchet and Clank and would really enjoy playing those games again for the first time in a while but I have to admit despite not being the biggest fan of the series the sheer proposition of having all those FF games (so godamn many) on gaiki right their in front of me anytime i want is kinda appealing. Thats straight up just a lotta stuff

#26 Posted by BBAlpert (1559 posts) -

Since this is a fantasy situation, let's go crazy. How much of a "fuck you" to Nintendo would it be if Sony just announced one day that it was going to offer streaming access to Mother, EarthBound, and the never (officially) released outside Japan entry- Mother 3?

#27 Posted by Akimbro_Slice (5 posts) -

It would be nice if whoever owns the rights to Spyro revive him. I would play all of his games since I believe that was one of the first ever games I owned when I first started gaming.

#28 Posted by mrcraggle (1974 posts) -

Persona?

#29 Posted by Enigma777 (6084 posts) -

Zelda

#30 Posted by Liquidinsurgency (5 posts) -

All the shin megami tensei ps2 games. Some of them are mad expensive.

#31 Posted by TangoUp (314 posts) -

Mass Effect

#32 Posted by ProfessorK (825 posts) -

@oldenglishc: I was shocked to shit that 2 never came out on psn, woulda been great on a handheld.

#33 Posted by oldenglishC (996 posts) -

@professork: That game shipped with some serious bugs. There's probably some kind of PSN quality control that it couldn't get past.

#34 Posted by ConfusedOwl (961 posts) -

I'll go with the Final Fantasy series. That's a lot of quality games right there.

#35 Posted by ProfessorK (825 posts) -

@oldenglishc: wow, I played the shit outta that one and never had anything go south, do you know if it was save related?

#36 Posted by JamesJeux007 (495 posts) -

Crash Bandicoot. The good answer is always Crash Bandicoot.

#37 Posted by oldenglishC (996 posts) -
#38 Posted by YapaPanda (128 posts) -

I think any series that spans PS1 to (potentially) PS4 would be a good showcase of Gaikai. Final Fantasy comes to mind, but I actually think the King's Field games (and Demon+Dark Souls) would be cool. Not many people have played the King's Field games.

#39 Posted by tourgen (4542 posts) -

Gears of War.

Fill a warehouse with 360s and stream Xbox360 exclusives over Gaikai. PS4, now with Xbox360 backward compatibility.

#40 Posted by Angouri (233 posts) -

Xenosaga.

#41 Posted by RedCream (706 posts) -

Tomba, Medievil, Vagrant Story, Klonoa, Tekken 3 (with online play). Basically, all the classics.

#42 Posted by xyzygy (10064 posts) -

All the RPGs.

#43 Edited by LoveSpuds (114 posts) -

Ashamed to admit that I have never played a Persona game so would love for those to see a release. Otherwise the Valkyria Chronicles games?

#44 Posted by Pezen (1656 posts) -

@keres said:

Suikoden.

Totally, but only if they make Suikoden III available in Europe.

#45 Posted by rice_crackers (4 posts) -

SOCOM!!!!!!

#46 Posted by SMGBlanket (20 posts) -

God of War

#47 Posted by TaunT (52 posts) -

RIIIIIIIDGE RACER

#48 Edited by jakob187 (21730 posts) -

Dark Cloud 1 & 2

That is all.

#49 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

Super Mario Bros.

#50 Edited by LethalKi11ler (1420 posts) -

I'd love to be able to play either GTA or Kingdom Hearts

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.