Is Any One Getting A Vita For The PS4?

#1 Posted by Jnal (214 posts) -

Also if you currently have a Vita are you excited about what Sony is promising with the Vita?

I'm thinking about one now. I really wanted to play Persona 4 Golden on it and the free games with PS+ make it kind of nice. Also if Sony follows though with the remote play stuff that would be awesome though I am a bit skeptical.

#2 Posted by oraknabo (1470 posts) -

I'm starting to warm up to the idea. I price drop or a bundle discount with PS4 would go a long way to making sure I get one though.

#3 Posted by Addfwyn (1928 posts) -

I already have a Vita, I use it more than any of my other platforms combined. If they can do something that makes it better? Okay!

#4 Edited by Wuddel (2092 posts) -

I am considering it. I wanted to play AC3:Liberation. And Tearaway looks great. But I want to play more puzzle or tower defense games on the go.

#5 Posted by matti00 (668 posts) -

I was considering it before this just for Persona, I'll probably definitely get one now. To be honest though, it might not be til late next year . Might be worth seeing if they do a Nintendo style hardware redesign.

#6 Posted by DukesT3 (1917 posts) -

Well... I already have a Vita... so.. hopefully I'll get more use? Even though I want actual games.

#7 Posted by DelroyLindo (387 posts) -

Already have one, so the ps4 stuff should hopefully be nice. But I'm one of those people that bought a vita for PsOne games and smaller indie titles, so I've never had a problem with the vita's lack of games

#8 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2562 posts) -

Already have one - so happy about the whole remote play thing. I can seriously see myself grinding for xp in an RPG on my bed whilst watching random shit on GB+youtube.

#9 Edited by Otacon (2209 posts) -

Somewhere between the games I've been stacking up from PS+ and all the purported PS4 functionality, I'm warming to the vita. Due to getting a new laptop and a PS4 this year it will probably be a while until I actually get one though.

#10 Posted by Matt_F606 (315 posts) -

I'm really close to getting one now. The PS+ stuff seems like great value, might just wait for Spelunky to come out for it.

#11 Posted by sub_o (899 posts) -

Yeah, probably. Sometimes I just wanna play games while lying on the bed.

#12 Edited by awesomeusername (4187 posts) -

I already have one and the things they're going to do with it and PS4 gets me excited enough. I just hope it works day 1 and more features get added down the road instead of just having only remote play and a second screen.

#13 Posted by Marcsman (3202 posts) -

NO

#14 Edited by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

I seriously doubt it.

#15 Posted by SploogeStain (41 posts) -

I was always planning to at some point but the PS4 stuff is certainly an added incentive. All my gaming stuff is downstairs in the livingroom so it'll be nice to be able to keep playing for a while when I go upstairs to bed.

#16 Posted by SMTDante89 (2582 posts) -

I already own one and have enjoyed it quite a bit, so more functionality (and hopefully more new games) is always a plus.

#17 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

Yep, I have put money to one side to buy a lot of stuff on PS4 launch day, going to have a next gen fest and three days off work, I am excited!!

#18 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

I have a Vita and I'm cautiously excited. At the very least I feel somewhat certain I'll end up using it more going into next generation than I have since I got it earlier this year, so at least knowing that much is reassuring.

#19 Posted by Veiasma (194 posts) -

I have a Vita, and while I'm disappointed it seems to be turning into a remote play / indie game machine, at least its getting attention.

#20 Edited by GS_Dan (1403 posts) -

If you've had PS+ since the vita got added to it, the console is already worth the price of entry. I've had Wipeout, MGS collection, Uncharted, Rayman, Lumines and others without having to spend anything. Chuck in Persona and LBP on top of that and it's a really neat little platform.

#21 Edited by ViciousReiven (821 posts) -

I got a Vita with Soul Sacrifice when it came out, I don't regret it, it's a nifty handheld that I just wish people made more games for, and I think the value improves if you also have PS+, with the Ps4 working in conjunction with it I'm pretty damn happy with the purchase.

#22 Posted by Fierrze (172 posts) -

Yeah i have been thinking about getting, because it feels like all the Vita games i get on PS+ is going to waste. Also the PS4 pairing and remote play have made it even more tempting.

#23 Posted by onarum (2102 posts) -

Yeah, I have been thinking about getting a vita, but believe it or not my main reason is to play valkyria chronicles 2, I loved the first one but never bothered to buy a PSP for the second.

I just don't know if I get one now or wait till I get a ps4.

#24 Edited by owlmassive (67 posts) -

I got my wife 1 a couple of weeks ago and the ps+ is great value for ps3 and vita, looking forward to the support it will get even tho its been a long time coming

#25 Edited by Beforet (2922 posts) -

I might look into a combo deal, which I'm sure they'll be offering.

#26 Posted by Tesla (1923 posts) -

I am considering it for the first time now, but I don't see myself buying it until it drops to 200 dollars.

#27 Posted by AgnosticJesus (544 posts) -

I've had a Vita since launch and remote play doesn't interest me in the least bit. I'd like more unique games for the system.

#28 Edited by ConfusedOwl (944 posts) -

Not right away but maybe a few months after the PS4 launch if I like what I see may get one.

#29 Posted by Mastercheesey (220 posts) -

I was going to sell my Vita but after hearing how its going to be supported decided to keep it.

#30 Edited by Thekeenan (74 posts) -

After a price drop probably.

Already going to be spending a lot what with brand new consoles this year so I can't see anything outside of a super awesome game announcement or price drop that would get me to buy one this year.

However, for some reason I still kinda want one.

#31 Edited by PatODay (221 posts) -

I plan on getting one. I was going to get one sooner but I was talked out of it due to the lack of games at the time. The integration with the PS4 along with some of the upcoming games that Sony announced have sold me entirely on the unit.

#32 Posted by graf1k (413 posts) -

I've been considering it. They need to drop the price to about $200, a couple more games, and I'm in. The streaming to vita from PS4 is cool, but not enough for me to buy one.

#33 Posted by Raciend (61 posts) -

I am really tempted to buy one this summer, but honnestly, it is the high prices of the memory cards that scares me away the most. I had hoped that they would cut their prices with 50% and put the 64gig version on the market. I only want to play digital games, so I need as much space as I can get!

#34 Posted by Pachtar_Klepek (89 posts) -

@raciend said:

I am really tempted to buy one this summer, but honnestly, it is the high prices of the memory cards that scares me away the most. I had hoped that they would cut their prices with 50% and put the 64gig version on the market. I only want to play digital games, so I need as much space as I can get!

Get two!

#35 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I already have a Vita.
So.. Am I getting a PS4 for my Vita? I don't know, it sounds lame the other way around.

#36 Posted by Mortuss_Zero (322 posts) -

I've got one already, P4 Golden seduced me. I like that the Vita's library is starting to shape up a bit though.

#37 Posted by LiquidPrince (15952 posts) -

I've had a Vita since day one.

#38 Edited by csl316 (8705 posts) -

A price drop or a PS4 bundle is just what I need. I've been salivating with all those PS+ and cross-play games I now have.

#39 Posted by TheHT (11300 posts) -

Honestly, PS+ is what's making me consider getting one. But my PSP has become a glorified USB stick to transfer things from my PC to my PS3, so maybe I shouldn't.

I still kinda want a 3DS though.

#40 Posted by JayEH (533 posts) -

Yep, and the free games with PS plus are also very appealing

#41 Edited by LiquidPrince (15952 posts) -

@theht said:

Honestly, PS+ is what's making me consider getting one. But my PSP has become a glorified USB stick to transfer things from my PC to my PS3, so maybe I shouldn't.

I still kinda want a 3DS though.

My Vita actually gets a lot more play time then my 3DS. Only reason I got my 3DS was for Professor Layton.

#42 Edited by Mikewarrior (77 posts) -

Yes. There will be times i'm in bed and the woman is watching the life of movie stars on Tv. I can just reach over and grab my Vita to play a PS4 game. I will get a Vita soon after I get my PS4

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.