Is there a definite launch line-up set yet?

• 56 results
#51 Posted by THRICE_604 (210 posts) -

I'm pretty sure The Order: 1886 is going to be a launch title, as there is a console bundle with that game already. Same with Killzone, Infamous, Knack, and Drive Club. I've heard Battlefield 4 will be launch as well, though I haven't seen any concrete evidence of that yet.

Considering there is a Battlefield 4 Launch Edition bundle with the game and the PS4 I think its a launch title.

#52 Posted by Dixego (381 posts) -

@turboman said:

@deathstriker said:

Killzone has always been sub-par at best and I don't think this will change things.

I'm guessing you've never played Killzone.

What does that have anything to do with what I said? Review scores are just opinions... this is a subjective matter and review scores aren't fact. Man of Steel reviewed worse than Superman Returns, Amazing Spiderman, and Transformers, so going by your logic it MUST be a worse movie than them, SMH.

But... Man of Steel IS a terrible movie!

#53 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

I think not.

#54 Posted by LiquidPrince (15842 posts) -

@raven10 said:

@sathingtonwaltz said:

PS4 launch is looking really mediocre so far compared to Xbox One. Sony does have more exclusive developers overall though (20 compard to Microsoft's 15 I think) so expect more games in 2014.

If you mean 1st party developers Microsoft has 9 - Turn 10, 343, Rare, Lionhead, Black Tusk, Big Park, Good Science, Press Play and Twisted Pixel. Good Science and Big Park exclusively develop Kinect games while Press Play and Twisted Pixel develop XBLA games. There are several other studios listed on Microsoft's Wikipedia page but none of them have actually released or announced a game, have their own page, or are mentioned on Microsoft's official site so I'll believe they exist when there is some sort of proof.

Sony meanwhile has 11 - Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, San Diego, Evolution, Japan, Polyphony Digital, Sucker Punch, Bend, Guerrilla, Media Molecule, and London. Bend exclusively makes Vita games.

For comparison Nintendo has 9 - EAD, SPD, 1-Up, Creatures, HAL, Intelligent Systems, Monolith, Nd Cube, and Retro.

The difference between many of these studios is their size. Sony Japan for example consists of at least 5 or 6 teams and works on a half dozen or more games at any one time. The same is true for Nintendo EAD. Other studios like Sucker Punch or Turn 10 work on a single game at a time. At Microsoft none of those studios work on more than two games at once. At Sony most of the studios work on at least two games at once with some working on many more. At Nintendo I believe the only studios with only one team are Retro and Monolith. EAD works on a dozen or more games at any one time. So Studio count is not really indicative of overall game output.

Man, when you list it out like that, it really makes Microsoft look bad. They have like no well known developers outside of Rare (which hasn't done anything meaningful in a while) Lionhead, Turn 10 (Forza forever) and 343 (Halo forever.)

#55 Posted by Deathstriker (307 posts) -

@dixego said:

@deathstriker said:

@turboman said:

@deathstriker said:

Killzone has always been sub-par at best and I don't think this will change things.

What does that have anything to do with what I said? Review scores are just opinions... this is a subjective matter and review scores aren't fact. Man of Steel reviewed worse than Superman Returns, Amazing Spiderman, and Transformers, so going by your logic it MUST be a worse movie than them, SMH.

Uh huh, Daredevil is a terrible movie... if someone thinks MOS is terrible then it sounds like they're just jumping on a lame bandwagon.

#56 Posted by Skytylz (4029 posts) -

@dixego said:

@deathstriker said:

@turboman said:

@deathstriker said:

Uh huh, Daredevil is a terrible movie... if someone thinks MOS is terrible then it sounds like they're just jumping on a lame bandwagon.

It's pretty disappointing and mediocre. I wouldn't call it terrible though.

#57 Posted by Deathstriker (307 posts) -

@skytylz said:

@deathstriker said:

@dixego said:

@deathstriker said:

@turboman said:

@deathstriker said:

It's pretty disappointing and mediocre. I wouldn't call it terrible though.

That's fine, not everyone has to like it, but people acting like it's trash is overkill... it easily beats IM3 and Star Trek 2 IMO.

#58 Edited by Krakn3Dfx (2485 posts) -

Always been a fan of the Killzone series, people bash on them, but they brought a lot of fun to the table.

Killzone SF looks great, Day One buy for me.

#59 Posted by SMGBlanket (20 posts) -

Call of Duty and NBA Live 14

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.