Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

It keeps getting better & better

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was just informed by a Sony rep. while I was at Gamestop paying off the total on my day one PS4. That Driveclub ( from Evolution studios, makers of Motorstorm ) will be a day one free game for all Plus members. Super Sweet IMO.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The PS+ version of Drive Club was announced at E3.

Yup.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Day one free games for PS Plus is pretty amazing. I still don't really want to subscribe, but they're doing a great job of making it appealing.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

In all of their PR documentation they refer to it as the PS+ Version of Driveclub. I am inclined to believe that it will be a portion of the game and not the complete game. Something akin to Gran Turismo Prologue or Forza Essentials.

Avatar image for supersolidsnake2019
    SuperSolidSnake2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets celebrate!

Who's up for some DAY-ONE DLC CARS & TRACKS?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

That was announced at the Sony E3 press conference.

It was, however, announced as something like "Drive Club: PS+ Edition," which I'm pretty sure they came out and said later that it would only include select cars and tracks and that they'd offer the ability to upgrade to the full version.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

I heard about this as well. I'm pretty happy about it because, realistically, I wasn't going to buy Driveclub myself. But I'll try it out through PS+.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By connerthekewlkid

I remember this at the press conference but they worded it like it ll be some toned down version.

and what was a Sony rep doing just sitting in Gamestop?

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By joshwent

It's definitely a limited version of the game. Still cool though, although who wants just a partial drivatar?!?

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Marcsman

I remember this at the press conference but they worded it like it ll be some toned down version.

and what was a Sony rep doing just sitting in Gamestop?

It seemed like he was hitting on the ugly girl working the counter. Other than that I have no idea what he was doing there.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

It would be insane for Sony to hand out a 100% full $60 game on launch, a PS+ version that you can upgrade to the full version for less money makes a lot of sense for people who like driving games enough to justify getting the full game at a discount.

As someone who isn't a Forza/Gran Turismo type of person, the free version will likely be more than enough for me. If Evolution was doing a PS4 launch Motorstorm PS+ version, I would pony up whatever they wanted, lol.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It sounded to me from the E3 announcement that Drive Club will act kind of like Killer instinct will on the X1, but perhaps Driveclub will have more than one car available. But who knows.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Syed117

They already said that it will be missing some things from the full disc version. They didnt go into details about what exactly will be missing.

Not bad for free, but that game did not preview too positively and will surely be worse than the new NFS and Forza.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

When I was paying off my Phantom pre-order a Phantom rep assured me that all new Phantom consoles came with a free set of kitchen knives.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, that's cool and all, but what about those of us that don't care a single bit about driving games?

Can I still use my Drivatar (Driveatar?) in any way? or do I actually have to play a driving game for that?

socksfelloff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is great news. PS+ has been good for the whole industry and I have saved a ton of money with it.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By EightBitShik

@socksfelloff: I don't know if I have saved money with it, it's always making me buy shit :D

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Lets celebrate!

Who's up for some DAY-ONE DLC CARS & TRACKS?

I know right? It's almost like now you get to pay a monthly fee to access F2P games and still get the added bonus of paying for DLC to unlock content in the game. PS4 4 LIFE!

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@syed117 said:

They already said that it will be missing some things from the full disc version. They didnt go into details about what exactly will be missing.

Not bad for free, but that game did not preview too positively and will surely be worse than the new NFS and Forza.

You don't know this, Evolution is a solid developer with 9 years under their belt, not to mention the Motorstorm franchise, which owns any other off-road racing game out there this generation. They also have a record of working on the visual/performance aspects of their game last, as opposed to worrying about generating eye candy for E3. They made a point of saying the build at E3 was only 35% done, so obviously there's a ton of work that was left to be done on that build of the game.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krakn3dfx: of course I don't know that. No one does. I'm just basing it on what's been stated in previews so far. Maybe it will be good, but initial impressions were not as good as a few of the other big racing games in development. Maybe it will be amazing, but that would be even worse to assume because there is nothing, not even positive previews to back it up.

I'm extremely skeptical of both the new consoles and a lot of the games. Just like kinect is being touted as this amazing new thing, I'm not believing any of that until I see it in action. The same goes for PSN versus live for the new consoles. I know Live has a lot of functionality that already works and one really horribly made PSN video isn't exactly convincing.

Just want November to get here. There are a ton of promises being made by both Sony and Microsoft and I want to see if they keep them. Drive Club in this case is the underdog and could surprise people. Forza has been hyped up with all those dumb drivatars but they are making a game that everyone knows they are good at making. They have a lot more to lose. Especially now that people are losing their minds about it needing a day one update to work.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, this was an E3 announcement. Pretty awesome, although might take the wind out of the retail release' sales/sails?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, this was an E3 announcement. Pretty awesome, although might take the wind out of the retail release' sales/sails?

o not really since you can upgrade to the full retail version for a fee. The PSN+ Version will have all the features but not all the Cars and Tracks.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@liquidprince said:

o not really since you can upgrade to the full retail version for a fee. The PSN+ Version will have all the features but not all the Cars and Tracks.

I suppose so. It's an awesome move by Sony regardless. Car games are always fun to play during a console launch.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was, however, announced as something like "Drive Club: PS+ Edition," which I'm pretty sure they came out and said later that it would only include select cars and tracks and that they'd offer the ability to upgrade to the full version.

Seeing that in one of their videos they felt like they needed to mention that the PS+ version contains the same social features the retail version does tells me that it'll have a limited set of cars and tracks. If anything it's like what MS is doing with KI.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajamafalous said:

Seeing that in one of their videos they felt like they needed to mention that the PS+ version contains the same social features the retail version does tells me that it'll have a limited set of cars and tracks. If anything it's like what MS is doing with KI.

1 Character does not equal some cars and tracks^^

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wish Evolution was making a sequel to the original Motor Storm. Loved that game!!

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Marcsman

@ninja_welshman said:

Wish Evolution was making a sequel to the original Motor Storm. Loved that game!!

It all went downhill with Pacific Rift. So says the former King of all Big Rigs.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcsman said:

@ninja_welshman said:

It all went downhill with Pacific Rift. So says the former King of all Big Rigs.

Agreed. Used to set up all bike lobbies. It was the closest thing to Road Rash I playing the generation.

The last one was just awful.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is pretty fantastic, no matter when it was announced.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcsman said:

@ninja_welshman said:

Apocalypse was still pretty great tho.

No Caption Provided

Click for greatness

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.