Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Jack Tretton on IGN's up at noon show

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mrfluke

just a fyi for folks interested, as apparently IGN was able to get jack tretton on the show. and they hit him with a bunch of questions and ask

him what he thinks of E3, the state of the vita, and a few other tibits of admitting when they were wrong and how it feels good to get back support from fans, and how it is painful when you lose their trust.. (the jack tretton segment starts at 7:00 in the video)

the video kind of humanizes the guy some more.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

This show is awful but it was cool to see Tretton re-confirm a few facts and say that PS Plus was going to stay $50 for the foreseeable future.

I am super excited about the PS4 to Vita streaming being baked into the hardware on the PS4. Sitting in the back yard grilling, playing Watch Dogs on my Vita = All kinds of win.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So, is this show a poor man's version The Daily Show/ The Colbert Report?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mrfluke

So, is this show a poor man's version The Daily Show/ The Colbert Report.

yep, really only linked to it cause tretton was on.

kind of annoys me seeing ign pimping they got first access to the ps4 when giantbomb beat them to it.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This show is awful but it was cool to see Tretton re-confirm a few facts and say that PS Plus was going to stay $50 for the foreseeable future.

I am super excited about the PS4 to Vita streaming being baked into the hardware on the PS4. Sitting in the back yard grilling, playing Watch Dogs on my Vita = All kinds of win.

may i point you to this thread i made,

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/playstation-vita-6727/so-hackers-have-actually-made-ps3-remote-play-very-1443080/

very optimistic about how it will run on ps4 after seeing how useable it can be on ps3's now.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@mrfluke said:

@insane_shadowblade85 said:

So, is this show a poor man's version The Daily Show/ The Colbert Report.

yep, really only linked to it cause tretton was on.

kind of annoys me seeing ign pimping they got first access to the ps4 when giantbomb beat them to it.

Those fuckers!!

Tretton seems like a cool guy.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Humanity

Jack Tretton continues to be a suit but a really cool and relatable suit nonetheless.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was embarrassing how much they were trying to hype up that guest appearance on Twitter. You'd think they had gotten Will Smith on there or something. Tretton is just an executive, and not even a particularly important one.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron: especially after e3 and the big support sony has now, and considering the show is a videogames focused show, id say he's a big enough guest for that crowd,

also the dude is the head of the US branch of sony, he's an important suit.

besides what would will smith talk about that relevant to the ign crowd?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke: coffee and some tech shit? Oh, you mean the OTHER will smith

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naru_joe93: im guessing thats what the other guy was referring to :P

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By RazielCuts

Some of the whooping and hollering was a bit much. Some parts are serious interview, talking candidly about the vita for example, which was good.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish he slipped up on the release date :/

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of the whooping and hollering was a bit much. Some parts are serious interview, talking candidly about the vita for example, which was good.

greg's is the head of the Playstation department at IGN so doesnt surprise me his crowd was cheering.

not to mention all of them got voucher codes and a free year of playstation plus. :P

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By cornbredx

I actually like this show, but I never get the chance to watch it. Didn't know they had Jack Tretton on. That's pretty cool.

It was a good interview too. Jack Tretton is a cool guy. Even though we usually only ever get to hear him speak at conferences about businessy things; to me he always comes off as pretty laid back.

I am blown away how much Sony is trying to appeal to the "core". Sorry, I don't how else to describe us, but those of us that play a lot of video games and go on websites to watch stuff about video games.

His philosophy on that was really cool to hear (whether true or just saying what I want to hear): saying that they know you cant get everybody at once so if they attract the core the rest will follow.

Sony, you are impressing me a lot right now. Keep it up.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@razielcuts said:

greg's is the head of the Playstation department at IGN so doesnt surprise me his crowd was cheering.

not to mention all of them got voucher codes and a free year of playstation plus. :P

Wait, there's a live studio audience? Uhh...I don't know if that makes me want to watch it less or more.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mrfluke: That. Is. Awesome.

Super stoked for my PS4 now.

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greg miller is is amazing. Beyond!!!

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minipato said:

@mrfluke said:

@razielcuts said:

Wait, there's a live studio audience? Uhh...I don't know if that makes me want to watch it less or more.

eh its not as bad as you'd think, just a couple pieces of cheering, actually a really solid interview.

RedGoat00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate IGN Boards they only talk about specs

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By colourful_hippie

Greg actually talks like that during "interviews"? Gross...

Edit: I did laugh at when he asked Yoshida's question. Good on him for that.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I kinda like Up at Noon. It's not always funny, but I've always been a Greg Miller fan. It's hard for me to hate on his enthusiasm and love for games. Beyond!

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By OllyOxenFree

I loathe that shitty Attack of the Show-esque hollering. Good questions, though.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda like Up at Noon. It's not always funny, but I've always been a Greg Miller fan. It's hard for me to hate on his enthusiasm and love for games. Beyond!

Meh, I think he comes across as loud and obnoxious.. one of the many reasons for me not to go to IGN. Jeff is calm and clearly loves video games, I don't need a guy yelling at me and badly trying to be funny. Also, if he loved games that much it seems like he'd be less of a Sony fanboy. At least he's not a boring robot like what's-his-name from Gametrailers. Guys clapping/laughing like this is The Soup isn't helping things either IMO.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@geraltitude said:

Meh, I think he comes across as loud and obnoxious.. one of the many reasons for me not to go to IGN. Jeff is calm and clearly loves video games, I don't need a guy yelling at me and badly trying to be funny. Also, if he loved games that much it seems like he'd be less of a Sony fanboy. At least he's not a boring robot like what's-his-name from Gametrailers. Guys clapping/laughing like this is The Soup isn't helping things either IMO.

Strong feelings duder! Guess I disagree. Justin McElroy is loud too but when you like someone that's irrelevant I guess. Also.. Jeff... calm??? !? !!!!?????? No way! Since when? I consider Miller, Gerstmann and McElroy probably the three loudest mouths in gaming, as far as the podcasts I listen to. Greg gives Sony just as much shit as anyone so I forgive the fact that he's a huge fanboy. As long as you slam the console you love, you're ok in my books (see Arthur Geis and MS for the reverse situation).

Greg aside it was good to hear it confirmed that PS+ isn't going up in price, at least not soon.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Deathstriker

Jeff and McElroy hardly yell... it seems like Miller went to the "Jerry Stiller School of Comedy"; loud isn't funny to me. I can't stand the IGN video game podcasts, especially Beyond since they usually just waste the first five minutes saying how they're number one on iTunes and have an elitist/braggart vibe. Not to mention, the quality of their work is juvenile. Polygon treats gaming like a real subject while IGN focuses on teenage flamebait versus articles.

I do like IGN's TV and movie podcasts and departments though. However, their video game podcasts are average at best... they're only so popular because IGN is the #2 gaming website; Beyond and Unlocked are pretty sub-par. I never liked Gamespy all that much but I'll still say they had a really good podcast at one point (now The Comedy Button), so I can seperate the quality of a site to that of its podcasts.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Playstation execs killing it. So entertaining.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.