Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Library/Download List Problems?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

So, I understand that the PS4 has no true download list like the PS3, Vita, or PSN website does. If working correctly your relevant/available data is supposed to be in the library, however here is my problem.

I redeemed several pieces of DLC early on the PSN such as Assassins Creed 4 and COD: Ghosts pre-order DLC codes. I did this on the Monday prior to the system's launch, which I figured was not a big deal. However, now it seems that the DLC is "know" in the library but its not downloading or showing them? Example, I have 4 pieces of Assassins Creed 4 DLC and it tells me I have 5 items under AC4 (4 DLC + UPlay pass) but when you select that I own see UPLay? On the PSN website I can see everything in the download list and when I push the DLC to my PS4 from there it says playable...but the DLC never shows up. This is the case for a piece of DLC for COD Ghosts as well.

When I called PSN customer support they basically said something along the lines of "I dunno". I wasn't sure if this was just a network issue they were ironing out or if it was something that more specific to me and a handful of others. I haven't attempted deleted everything regarding the game data and reinstalling yet, so I guess there is that step. Just wanted to check with my fellow duders first. Thanks.

THRICE_604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By THRICE_604

Now that its back up (hopefully it never gets turned off again to save network stability) the DLC section of the Library seems fully functioning aside from one thing. Mine is missing one item, the GameStop preorder MW2 Ghost skin for CoD Ghosts. I don't know if its an error or an oversight or if the Library system just doesn't have anything in place to deal with promotional items yet which seems to 99% of everyone's issues with it. But the website tool is working so if you absolutely have to redownload something thankfully that works.

Its a good system to manage your content at a quick glance and last gen had nothing of the sort but it really needs a fail safe Download History option within the console itself for fringe cases. Once the store gets more robust hopefully it will get added. For the short term I will forgive them for focusing elsewhere when there isn't much to download anyways. But that grace period will run out as soon as I need to start using it more.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

@thrice_604: Yeah, that looks to be the only thing I can no longer access so...an Activision problem? The Freefall map can be manually downloaded from the library section but other than that...nothing. I see where the mask DLC should be in the library section but theres a grayed out square and the freefall map. I try to manually push from the site but it doesn't seem to work. However, everything else seems to be working now.

THRICE_604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@sammo21 said:

@thrice_604: Yeah, that looks to be the only thing I can no longer access so...an Activision problem? The Freefall map can be manually downloaded from the library section but other than that...nothing. I see where the mask DLC should be in the library section but theres a grayed out square and the freefall map. I try to manually push from the site but it doesn't seem to work. However, everything else seems to be working now.

There is a weird thing with Ghosts and pushing items from the website. You have to tell them to download on the site then delete Ghosts and the downloads will pop on your console. There have been so many weird issues with Ghosts so far. Its a good game and a better CoD than most have given it credit for but they sure have made a mess of things everywhere they can between the next gen systems and PC all having their own issues.

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I can access all my DLC, including silly codes. Each game with DLC has a number on it that says how many you own.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.