Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

NA launch units include a 30 day PS+ $10 credit + MU Trial

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jimmyfenix

After months of anticipation, we’re just a week away from the launch of PlayStation 4 in the United States and Canada. Starting at midnight on November 15th, you’ll be able to see for yourself what the future of gaming and entertainment looks like.

The network now expands across a wide array of digital entertainment including incredible multi-player gameplay, availability of full games day and date, streaming movies and TV shows, and a premium cloud-based music service. We are excited to provide those of you in the US and Canada with a special promotional voucher in every PS4 box*that includes:

• $10 Sony Entertainment Network wallet credit for PlayStation Store
    • 30-day free PlayStation Plus membership trial
    • 30-day free Music Unlimited service trial**

Out of the box, you can immediately experience everything PlayStation Plus for PS4 has to offer and have access to millions and millions of songs through Music Unlimited. The $10 credit can be used towards anything in the store including new PS4 launch titles, such as Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty Ghosts, and Killzone Shadow Fall.

Source

Damn , all you people from North america are lucky! i hope Sony does this for europe.

Next gen Upgrades are basically free now with the $10 credit.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

thats pretty nice.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By MetalBaofu

I wonder if that PS+ trial can be used if you already have PS+. The code they gave out through Home back during E3, couldn't be used if you already had plus. Either way, that 10 credit is definitely nice.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vanick

That's pretty cool. It seems pretty smart of them to give a 30 day plus trial with every new console to get people hooked. Everyone that buys the console will get Resogun and Contrast for free for at least 30 days.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I wonder if that PS+ trial can be used if you already have PS+. The code they gave out through Home back during E3, couldn't be used if you already had plus. Either way, that 10 credit is definitely nice.

Its probably a code you can enter when you current PS+ expires.

THRICE_604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

My PS+ is up two weeks after launch so delaying that purchase is nice. And a $10 credit is awesome.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

It should add up. If you buy a PS+ card (let's say while it's on sale during Black Friday), then it would just add more time onto your current membership.

Don't know what to buy with the extra $10... maybe I'll just use that to download whatever my second game is (Knack or NBA 2k)

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MetalBaofu

@turboman: Yeah, when I've gotten codes out of game boxes and stuff it just adds time on. I assume it will do that with this one too. It just made me remember the code I got through PS Home(only reason I went on there was to get that code), and how it wouldn't work.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@thrice_604: Same here. I got PS+ when I picked up a Vita last Black Friday, so it's up at the end of the month.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That's awesome. I was going to buy a year at launch but now I can wait a month for my wallet to recover.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bane122

@mariachimacabre: If you're in the U.S. and want to brave Black Friday crowds, Gamestop will have the 1 year cards for $30 that day.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Tesla

@mariachimacabre: Same here. I wonder if one could use the $10 credit towards buying PS+ on the online store after the trail is up?

Nevermind, just noticed @bane122 's post. I'll definitely try to jump on that $30 at Gamestop. Thanks dude.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Hey, "free" $10! And I hope that month of PS+ can stack onto my current subscription.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bane122 said:

@mariachimacabre: If you're in the U.S. and want to brave Black Friday crowds, Gamestop will have the 1 year cards for $30 that day.

According to an Amazon rep who posts deals on Cheapassgamer they're going to match that deal and it's one of the codes they send to your e-mail. No Black Friday crowds necessary.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally awesome. My $10 is going right into Resogun.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vanick said:

@bane122 said:

According to an Amazon rep who posts deals on Cheapassgamer they're going to match that deal and it's one of the codes they send to your e-mail. No Black Friday crowds necessary.

Oh shit awesome! Yeah, I'll definitely do that. Thanks.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Sooty

I don't get why Microsoft responded to this with 6 months of Skype calls for the Xbox One. Skype calls have been free on Windows, Android, Mac and iOS for years and still are. What am I missing? Even group calls are free, the only thing I think is limited are group video calls, but you can just do that on Google Hangouts for free instead.

Weaksauce.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Fearbeard

@marcsman: isn't Resogun free with PS+? Even if you don't have Ps+ you're getting a 30 day trial.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Journey still $15? I'd love to pick it up with that $10 credit, I've really been meaning to play that game.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty said:

I don't get why Microsoft responded to this with 6 months of Skype calls for the Xbox One. Skype calls have been free on Windows, Android, Mac and iOS for years and still are. What am I missing? Even group calls are free, the only thing I think is limited are group video calls, but you can just do that on Google Hangouts for free instead.

Weaksauce.

Does it meaning calling actual phone numbers? Because I'm pretty sure that isn't free.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcsman: isn't Resogun free with PS+? Even if you don't have Ps+ you're getting a 30 day trial.

If it is better yet.

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Aviar

This is definitely a bonus. Can't wait for next Friday.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Syed117

This actually works out really well. Don't have to get a plus subscription on day one. Will just get it for $30 on black friday. Nice.

@ll_exile_ll said:
    @sooty said:

Weaksauce.

Does it meaning calling actual phone numbers? Because I'm pretty sure that isn't free.

Apparently it's 6 months of free calls to phone numbers. It wouldn't even be mentioned as some kind of incentive if they were talking about standard skype to skype calls. Just need Gold for standard skype and the free 6 months.

Edit : It's 100 minutes per month of calling to phone numbers. Never used skype to call phone numbers so I have no idea what that costs. Free is free though.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By Sooty

@syed117 said:

This actually works out really well. Don't have to get a plus subscription on day one. Will just get it for $30 on black friday. Nice.

@ll_exile_ll said:
    @sooty said:

Weaksauce.

Apparently it's 6 months of free calls to phone numbers. It wouldn't even be mentioned as some kind of incentive if they were talking about standard skype to skype calls. Just need Gold for standard skype and the free 6 months.

Edit : It's 100 minutes per month of calling to phone numbers. Never used skype to call phone numbers so I have no idea what that costs. Free is free though.

Jeesh I thought it would at least be unlimited. 100 minutes is really not a lot, the only people I know who use Skype minutes (including myself) are when they need to phone home from abroad, cus it's usually way cheaper.

A kind of lame incentive, they could've at least given a free month of gold, and they are really keeping on with basic things like Skype requiring gold?

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By churrific

That's cool. I can get a ps4 version of one of the upgradeable games for free.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcsman said:

@fearbeard said:

If it is better yet.

Yeah. Resogun and Contrast are both free with PS+ on launch day.

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Note past "30 day free trials" of PS+ haven't worked unless less you have a credit card on your account. Given PSN was hacked before and my CC# compromised, I don't give Sony my CC# anymore. So I couldn't use the 30 day free trial that came with my PS VITA.

So be prepared to hand this 30 day trial on to someone else if you don't put your CC# on your account. Even if you are already a PS+ customer.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Nice.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

The small print at the bottom of the PS blog page says it's for new subscribers only

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mildmolasses: They only had that asterisk beside the music unlimited part before, I see they added it to the PS+ part now. After they did the same thing with the code through Home, I was kinda expecting it again. Sounds like you can't let your subscription run out, then use it either. Only for people that never had plus at all. Oh well, I still get 10 bucks to my wallet, and I just recently renewed plus anyways, so I'm good until next November.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
    deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll use that $10 for platinum in Warframe.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Just to be clear

Americans/Canadians get the following FREE with a PS4 purchase;

• 30 free days of PS+
      • Resogun (free w/ PS+)
      • Contrast (free w/ PS+)
      • ... and free games on vita/PS3, free themes, etc
    • $10 in store credit
      • A next-gen upgrade (eg AC:Black Flag, BF4, etc)
      • or whatever the hell else you'd do with $10 PSN store credit (buy a movie?)
    • 30 free days of Music Unlimited
      • Background music playback day 1 ('till they patch it in later)
    • PlayRoom (pre-installed on the system)
    • Blacklight Retribution
    • War Thunder
    • WarFrame
    • DC Universe Online

I just hope we Europeans get something similar.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@selfconfessedcynic: You Euros will probably get Killzone and AC4 free the next 2 months. (I'm joking.) We also get Escape Plan, Sound Shapes, Flower and flOw free day one if we bought it already on PS3/Vita. Well, not we because I won't have it day one. *cries*

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeusername: Man, I feel your pain.

For me, the next three weeks are going to be TORTURE. You need to get on that PS4 tip soon.

Well, "need" is a strong word, but goddamn it if it isn't exciting.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By awesomeusername

@selfconfessedcynic: No you don't! :'( I'm not getting one because I don't have the money. If I knew next-gen consoles would be coming this month last year, I would've saved $600 from my college refund check to get a PS4 in 6 days. but nooo, my stupid self bought lots of games that I wanted to play ($20 each) which then went on PS+ mere months later. I'm still regretting it every day. I've been looking for a job to and no luck. But whatever. I will NEED one when Second Son comes out. I could go a few months without one. But if Second Son is out and I don't have one, I'm selling my body. I don't care. (No I'm not)

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeusername:

D:

Tough man - I thankfully started saving up since Feb (from the ps4 reveal), and I was actually planning on probably getting both but ended up putting that money towards games.

May get an xbox one next year, but you're right, Infamous just looks too damn cool to pass up. Can't wait.

GL duder.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@selfconfessedcynic: I've always been a jobless sod so no way I could've saved up. Fortunately, I think February is tax return season or whatever. Which means that PS3 my sister never got me after graduating high school is going to turn into a bee-you-tee-ful PS4. I'll force her to buy it. No way she's forgetting about this one. I'll start begging in January.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.