Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Netgear Nighthawk and PS4 won't play nice.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mister_V

Hey Bombers.

A couple of weeks ago I got myself a Neagear Nighthawk R7500 router so I could make the most of my Steam Link. However I have noticed that it has been causing issues with my PS4. I first noticed it yesterday when I couldn't login to the destiny servers (error code Marionberry) I fixed it by rebooting the router. It worked fine for the rest of the day, however the same thing happened today as well. This time however I went into the PS4 network test and started getting a NAT type "failed" message. I rebooted the router again and the message cleared however I kept getting disconnected once I got into the game.

I plugged back in my old router (Netgear WNDR4500) and everything was fine. One thing I have noticed though is when I go into the Upnp settings on the new router there is no entry in the table for the PS4. Where as on the old router there are two. I am assuming there is a setting either on my router or the PS4 I can play with to fix this but i'm not having much luck at the moment, and hoped someone on here might be able to help.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Forgot to say this is a wired connection.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By szlifier

There might be some kind of "smart" firewall or packet filtering on it. You might want to disable some of them and see if it helps.

UPDATE:

So, this guy had the same issue and here's what he said:

i disable sip alg in the nat and reset and ps4 net connection and now it seems that ps4 is working

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mister_V

@szlifier: Ill give that a go. Would be strange if it was that though as it Have that enabled on my old router and never had an issue.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mister_V

Well I can't think of anything else to do. I have forwarded all the ports the PS4 needs. I have tried adding it to the DMZ. Nothing works.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.