New promo video shows off controller / inFAMOUS

#1 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3556 posts) -

Some gimmicky touchpad use, and some not as gimmicky, but the triggers look quite good.

#2 Posted by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

i am really looking forward to the DS4. Finally good triggers!

#3 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

What we get with the DualShock 4 looks really awesome. Still don't understand how neither PS4's nor Xbox One's gamepad didn't increase the number of shoulder buttons (or adding some alternative like a mousewheel button or zoom lever or whatever), especially when both say they wanted to *make it ideal for FPS games*, because then they both just straight-up failed to achieve their primary objective (outside of improving input fidelity and formfactor).

More shoulder buttons/functionalities means less loss of control, when the thumb has to leave the analogstick to hit a face button.

P.S. Second Son looks so flippin' clean and smooth. Jeez!

#4 Posted by RicoismynamE (17 posts) -

Y es triggers that don't pause or rewind watching tv when i set the bugger down or lob a grenade when i am trying to hide.

#5 Edited by RedLoopz (136 posts) -

Improved triggers and deadzone is great but the whole touchpad thing is imo a big gimmick

#6 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (3556 posts) -

@redloopz said:

Improved triggers and deadzone is great but the whole touchpad thing is imo a big gimmick

While developers certainly could choose to be gimmicky with the touchpad, that doesn't make the pad itself a gimmick.

It's a touchpad that clicks. At the very least, developers can use it for extra buttons. That simple functionality is far from gimmicky, and will see a LOT of use.

Also, see this post, and the video linked inside.

#7 Posted by RedLoopz (136 posts) -

Yea but I think its not really a neccessary feature. I think that if the touchpad were not to be on the ps4 controllers there would be nothing missing. Never have I played any ps3 game and told myself: "oh this game is cool, but i wish it could have some touchpad controls". I just think its not needed and its useless and most of the stuff shown in this trailer could be done with normal buttons.

#8 Posted by 5Figh (172 posts) -

oh dude i remember Jaime Griesemer, dude used to work for bungie and appear in their vid docs. nostalgia man

#9 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2923 posts) -

Man infamous looks unbelievable.

#10 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

The Wii also did sound out of controllers, I'm assuming this one won't have a shitty speaker.

#11 Posted by KittyVonDoom (445 posts) -

I like it when game developers look like pro skateboarders.

#12 Posted by Spoonman671 (4560 posts) -

I hope I'm not forced to use those fucking "triggers" for all of my shooters.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.