Out of All The Features Sony Announced for the PS4 Which One Would Be the Most Disappointing If It Was Removed?

Edited 1 year, 6 months ago

Poll: Out of All The Features Sony Announced for the PS4 Which One Would Be the Most Disappointing If It Was Removed? (115 votes)

Try Before You Buy For All PS4 Games 31%
Allowing An Online Buddy To Remotely Take Over Your Game 5%
Instant Play-ability of Downloaded Games As Soon As The Download Starts 44%
The Ability For The System To Download Games For You Based On Purchase History 3%
None of These! 22%
All of These! 4%
Still Can't Believe It Doesn't Have Two Butts... I Thought It Would At Least Have One 12%

There was a lot that Sony said the PS4 will be able to do, but was unable to show any of it at their conference a few weeks ago. Out of the ones they announced (that I could remember anyway >.>) are there any that will disappoint you if they never happen?

#1 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

"The Ability For The System To Download Games For You Based On Purchase History"

That's the first thing I'll be turning off.

#2 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2775 posts) -

I like the idea of instant play where I'm play just a few minutes after starting the download process. Try before you buy is okay, but that is never the issue for me... what good is "try before you buy" if you spend 2 hours downloading the try. Instant downloads will help with games you buy, and normal demos we are already getting.

Probably the one feature they should cut is "Try before you buy" since there was the study that showed game demos KILLED full game sales. The accuracy of the study can be questioned, but I think there is enough truth there to show it is a bad practice for many games and could be disastrous if all games HAD to have it. When you buy a console you WIN when other owners buy games, as an owner you lose when most people don't buy games.

#3 Posted by Levius (1137 posts) -

I would have voted for the game suspend feature if it was there, as I already leave games on pause for a couple of hours at a time if I have to do something else. All the rest I can see me using much, except maybe the instant play.

#4 Posted by psylah (2177 posts) -

I'm an ass man myself, so...

#5 Posted by RedCricketChase (444 posts) -

The only one of these that seems interesting to me is the ability to "instantly" play a game you just started DLing.

#6 Edited by skrutop (3615 posts) -
@redcricketchase said:

The only one of these that seems interesting to me is the ability to "instantly" play a game you just started DLing.

I agree that it's interesting, but I'm very, very skeptical that it will work as advertized.

Of the announced features, the "try before you buy" feature has the most practical appeal. I don't buy a lot of games, so I'd like the opportunity to make sure that I'm into a game before I pay for it. Also, it's a very smart feature on Sony's end because it'll likely cause me to buy games that I normally wouldn't.

#7 Posted by gogosox82 (424 posts) -

It would be the insta play after you start downloading your games. It seems like a good fix to the slow download times so if that was taken out it would be a major bummer.

#8 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

8 GBs of system memory is key.

#9 Posted by mtcantor (948 posts) -

Try before you buy on all games. That, combined with instant access is a total game changer.

#10 Posted by Corvak (1077 posts) -

I like the expansion of the demo feature the most. I dont have huge problems with download speeds (since I switched to a wired connection, I get speeds comparable to my PC) so playing while I download isnt a big deal, the rest are all "nice to haves".

#12 Posted by StarvingGamer (8246 posts) -

@skrutop said:
@redcricketchase said:

I agree that it's interesting, but I'm very, very skeptical that it will work as advertized.

Of the announced features, the "try before you buy" feature has the most practical appeal. I don't buy a lot of games, so I'd like the opportunity to make sure that I'm into a game before I pay for it. Also, it's a very smart feature on Sony's end because it'll likely cause me to buy games that I normally wouldn't.

It won't be instantly. But Blizzard has been using this tech for years and it works just fine with 1/3 or less of the file downloaded.

#13 Posted by Rokkaku (222 posts) -

In the increasingly all-digital age, instant access to games would definitely take the wind out of their sails if it disappeared. I could absolutely lose the social-streaming aspects, but that's just me, and like Patrick said, it probably isn't designed for me at all. I still don't quite get the appeal of streaming and watching streams of games, but it's cool that they've thrown everything in there. Now let's hope it works.

#14 Edited by Nictel (2412 posts) -

Lets not wait for that 4GB game in 2014 any more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.