PlayStation 4 InterActive Interface!

#1 Posted by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

Hello,

I see some PS4 Interface photos. I made this Youtube video, Pause video on Menus. I love this PS4 :)

#2 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

This is very reminiscent of a windows 8 interface.

#3 Edited by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -
#4 Posted by Funkydupe (3293 posts) -

The record feature is going to be great if we just want to re-watch stuff we just did for ourselves, not only when you want to share it with someone else.

#5 Edited by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

@funkydupe:

And Streaming start when we press Share > Stream, i think this is cool, Video is live on USTREAM.

#6 Posted by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

Watch in 1080p.

#7 Posted by TheHT (10287 posts) -

The record feature is going to be great if we just want to re-watch stuff we just did for ourselves, not only when you want to share it with someone else.

As someone who sometimes takes far too many screenshots, I'm afraid of this feature.

#8 Posted by pandorasbox (301 posts) -

Did microsoft snatch up twitch.tv? Why the hell did they choose ustream?

That aside, i am totally psyched for the PS4's interface. Not so much the streaming aspect, but it'll be nice to have a quick way to capture some gameplay.

#9 Posted by Funkydupe (3293 posts) -

@theht: Hehe! I feel I always forget to capture the cool moments, so I welcome the ability to track back and tag stuff :D

#10 Posted by Ares42 (2443 posts) -

@pandorasbox: I've said this in another thread, but I bet it's because the Twitch people wanted a way bigger cut. They've been quite passionate about monetizing streaming and seem to have a much better grasp of the potential market than other similar services.

#11 Posted by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -
#12 Posted by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

I think Sony must port this for Vita.

#13 Edited by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

@medalofmode: anything to get rid of the terrible shiny floating app icons.

@ares42: If they wanted a bigger cut, it's only because microsoft was already also asking for the exclusive rights to their service. Twitch otherwise would pay Sony for the right of every PS4 user to be forced into using their service.

#14 Posted by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

@BlatantNinja23 I don't get it.

#15 Posted by NyxFe (248 posts) -

Did microsoft snatch up twitch.tv? Why the hell did they choose ustream?

That aside, i am totally psyched for the PS4's interface. Not so much the streaming aspect, but it'll be nice to have a quick way to capture some gameplay.

@ares42 said:

@pandorasbox: I've said this in another thread, but I bet it's because the Twitch people wanted a way bigger cut. They've been quite passionate about monetizing streaming and seem to have a much better grasp of the potential market than other similar services.

I had heard it was due to ustreams popularity in Japan, but I have no idea if that is accurate.

#16 Edited by Ares42 (2443 posts) -

@blatantninja23: I think you're looking at it the wrong way. These services make their money from ads and subscriptions, any deal between Sony and either one of them would most certainly be all about what portion of that revenue-stream they would each get from the streams they both serviced. I can't imagine Sony would provide streaming services and not want a cut of that, so they probably shopped around. I also highly doubt any of these streaming services would be able to pay out any amount of cash to even come close to the potential revenue-earnings.

#17 Edited by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

@medalofmode: you said you wanted sony to port the interface to vita did you not?

#18 Posted by mikey87144 (1489 posts) -

I highly doubt Microsoft is using Twitch. I doubt they even thought about the streaming stuff. More than likely Ustream offered them a better deal so they took it.

#19 Posted by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

@BlatantNinja23 Yes i want.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.